Adult Cat
Purraise
it wont bresk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry was in a panci couldn't think straight, i managed to get her to do one cord herself the other i was struggling with, its all cut and sorted now, omg freaked me out :(

anyway she has 4 kittens,  2 black, 1 black and white and 1 grey adn white.

she is understandly pissed off at me i had to remove all kittens from her to get the 1 kitten untangled and she looked defeated and curled into a ball just staring at them as i did it :( i then put them in their box and she growled at me and went and collected one of them and put it straight on my bed before i could even take a sheet off, i put it back in the box she jumped down i threw sheets off as quick as i could and she jumped straight back up with it, i've stopped shes been through enough so she wins this round, ive got my kids sheets on for me, put a pillow behind her and quilt on the floor in case kittens wander, going to try again tomorrow when shes rested and less pissed off with me

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg I'm so glad you responded!  We were all worried, but of course you were extremely busy with mama and babies which is thoroughly understandable!  So glad she's had them!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lordy, she is determined to be on your bed! I'm glad they are separated from the placentas now. No cords are bleeding, right?

Sometimes it's easier to move the new family a day or so later when mom and her hormones have calmed down.

Are all 4 kittens nursing? They need to nurse.

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i cant see any blood, its hard to see they are all so lively i'm not sleeping yet gonig to keep a close eye for a little while, its alost 2am oh god

they are all nursing, or trying they keep going to her bum so i redirect once in a while to make sure they get some food 

heres some photos

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, redirect from her bum. They should easily find her nipples since her belly is shaved. You should get that quilt soaking in cold water and put something dry on the bed.

They look very sweet all cuddled together! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Has mom been up to eat some wet food yet?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

they are so cute, fantastic work and thank you @sarthur2   for being such a wonderful coach 
YES! after all this I completely forgot to say thank you sarthur2 for all of your help, don't know what I would have done wthout you here to help me through that! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eh, all in a day's work! You are both too kind. I'm happy I could help! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, redirect from her bum. They should easily find her nipples since her belly is shaved. You should get that quilt soaking in cold water and put something dry on the bed.

They look very sweet all cuddled together! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Has mom been up to eat some wet food yet?
everything wet is off the bed, thankfully i had a mattress protector on here ha, i have put the quilt on the floor though just in case they get past the pillow and off they have an extremely soft landing, i can buy a new quilt not the end of the world i guess haha 

she hasnt gotten out of bed apart from when forced to yet, shes just been trying to sleep and nurse nothing else so far

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nice work! You can bring her bowl to her in bed so she can grab a quick snack while nursing. I did this with my mama cat as she did not get up for nearly 12 hours after having her kittens. Mine was very thirsty when she finished. Offer wet food and water.

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they should go to her bum, once, then they'll learn to not do that again!  Lol.  Aww happy birthday kittens!