Meet Shia my pregnant baby :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh although new little worry, I have to go away for a job from thursday evening until monday afternoon, I thought it would be fine once they are born cos my boyfriend who she knows and trusts will be coming in to check on and feed her then leaving her for some peace, but I'm not sure how its going to work if she hasn't given birth by then, if shes that overdue I kind of want to make sure they all come out without any complications and obviously won't be able to do that all the way in london, I don't know what I'm asking for here think I'm just worried

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
he has been given the key and i have asked him to stay here while I'm away which hes fine with its just he works from about 10am til midnight most days so he won't be around very often.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Subscribing so I can finish reading tonight. Only read the first page so far.

I have to say, this story is a good one to explain why indoor cats should be spayed too (for those that still refuse)! After we *thought* one of our indoor girls got pregnant (she didn't, turned out she had pyometria), we started spaying all the girls. Before that, we only neutered the boys. Yeah, internet is good for some things apparently, like educating people like me! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let's hope the kittens are here by Thursday. If not, it will be up to Mother Nature. Most cats are fine on their own. Perhaps your boyfriend could curb his 14-hour days while you are gone, and has at least a day off over the weekend. Mom will need plenty of wet & dry food & water left for her if he is gone 14 hours at a time.

diggerd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

Hopefully they will be here by Thursday!

Just a thought I know you want to keep her at home but you could call your local cats protection and see if they were willing to take her in for a few days or maybe one of their volunteers could help out with looking after her just while your away?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let's hope the kittens are here by Thursday. If not, it will be up to Mother Nature. Most cats are fine on their own. Perhaps your boyfriend could curb his 14-hour days while you are gone, and has at least a day off over the weekend. Mom will need plenty of wet & dry food & water left for her if he is gone 14 hours at a time.
sadly he can't hes the general manager at a pub, so most of the time he gets weekdays off and hes already having today and tomorrow off, I have stock piled on food and everything she needs which is all up in my room, she has a big bowl of iams to pick at all day and meat in the evening which he will give her when she gets home :) but sadly hes unable to do that long, I would make it so other people visit but like I say she hates others, the only people she likes are people who are around a lot so me, my boyfriends and my kids, otherwise I would have my friends and my dad come round who were willing but lately when they've been coming round she starts shaking and growling at them
Hi,

Hopefully they will be here by Thursday!

Just a thought I know you want to keep her at home but you could call your local cats protection and see if they were willing to take her in for a few days or maybe one of their volunteers could help out with looking after her just while your away?
as said above that would stress her out a lot, a friend did suggest that but she wouldn't handle it too well, I do think if worse comes to worse I will make some friends and family just go in really quick for a minute just to take a look at her and make sure everything is okay, i dunno, hopefully it will be fine and theyll be here.

i heard raspberry leaf tea capsules help to get things going sprinkled on their food, so was thinking maybe doing that to try and get her to have them before then though, has anyone tried this? is it safe? google says breeders use it sometimes but I'm unsure

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is shaking and growling at people because she has become protective of her unborn kittens.

I think there are timed feeders for wet food.  Could your BF fill one of those for her before he goes to work so she has wet food more often?

Here is a link to one I found on Amazon. I just took the first one and didn't shop around for a cheaper version.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was also going to suggest that he feed her a wet meal in the morning as well as the evening. I would not suggest sprinkling anything on her food.

Last edited:

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay wont try the rasp tea thing :)

yeah I'll start doing it in morning as well, he will be fine to do it before he goes work as well :)

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
5th- 8:35 30 seconds

6th- 8:38 had to walk it off again

don't know what any of these mean i'm just making sure they're real contractions by keeping track, shes actually hidden away a bit now so might miss the next few ones

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's definitely having contractions and they'll get closer together as she gets closer to delivery, as you'd expect.  She's in good hands!

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes moved on to laying on the floor now rather than with me so i can't really keep track apart from by just watching what shes doing, my daughter keeps opening and closing her bedroom door so kinda worried it might scare her into stalling!

most recent one was 8:45 seems a steady 7 minutes apart

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay defo happening shes now straining 

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
first is born, pure black, not moving much but breathing thats ok right?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
placenta number 1 being eaten