Meet Shia my pregnant baby :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is a massive house cat she never ever leaves the house, if I try and take her outside (in a case for vet trips) she freaks out and gets extremely upset, that stray was in our house for 2 days so it could have been 7th or 8th latest there were no other times another cat was in our house and Mylo has been snipped so wasn't him, so yep :/

she is very uncomfortable today i can see the babies in her and she cries in pain and twitches her tail whenever they move :( 

feeling so bad for her right now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, I think you should give it the weekend. She's either on day 67 or day 68, depending on when she conceived. My cat went 68 days.

It sounds like the pain may be from contractions. Are you seeing ripples on the sides of her belly?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, I think you should give it the weekend. She's either on day 67 or day 68, depending on when she conceived. My cat went 68 days.

It sounds like the pain may be from contractions. Are you seeing ripples on the sides of her belly?
yes, i wasn't sure if it was contractions or the kittens moving, at one point I could see one of the kittens very clearly it was poking so far out and it was massive its hard to tell if her tummy is tightening from the kittens moving around or from a contraction

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
also haven;t been thinking they were contractions due to them being very inconsistent, it will happen for about 15-30 minutes then she'll be fine for a few hours so on and so forth

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ah good, thank you, hopefully it would be too drawn out for her 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, those are stage one contractions. They will eventually get closer together.

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay so I caved, shes been in the first stages since thursday and there was still no sign of improvement with her going into labour so i rang the vet for advice/peace of mind, she asked to see her, Shia was surprisingly good i thought it would upset her but she behaved really well, they checked her temp which was 38.6 and scanned her to make sure there was nothing wrong with the kittens, she said kittens seem okay so no need for surgery (thank god) but she did say shes worried that this has been going on so long and shes been pregnant a bit too long now, so we are trying one more night at home shes shut in my room kids have gone to bed early with ipads, great mother i am, so she can have some peace and quiet, if she does not give birth by 9am monday morning then she has to go back to the vets and be given an injection to start labour :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The oxytocin to start labor is not a bad thing. Is she showing any more signs of labor?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The oxytocin to start labor is not a bad thing. Is she showing any more signs of labor?
yeah much rather oxytocin than a csection, but obviously would prefer her to do it naturally over any of those, shes being the same, tummy feels hard once in a while but only really when shes asleep or really relaxed, shes been on my lap napping for about 3 hours now, last one was about 15 minutes ago and lasted about half an hour or more so not even sure if that even was a contraction

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any discharge at all? You can go 70 days without too much worry. If today is Day 68, you could give it a couple more days. Did the scan show fully developed kittens ready for birth? Plus, it hasn't all necessarily been stage one labor. Some of it was probably pre-labor.

Last edited:

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she had some discharge on thursday, nothing since, I didn't see the scan, vet took her away for it, but I doubt she'd suggest starting her labour if they weren't fully developed, at least I hope :)

add some photos to lighten the mood :D

bright side, at least she doesn't have to worry about her kittens finding her nipples :D 

andddd this is right this second, too  adorable not to share :D

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes wandered off and disappeared behind her nest, if I stay very still and very quiet we might get lucky tonight xD

... or she just wants to nap for a while without me lol

diggerd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, was searching for information on pregnancy and flea control and came across your thread, it's great I have learnt so much and what to expect, my cat is only about 3 weeks pregnant but you have gave me a great insight :-)

Good luck Shia hope those babies come soon, can't wait for the next update :-))

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, was searching for information on pregnancy and flea control and came across your thread, it's great I have learnt so much and what to expect, my cat is only about 3 weeks pregnant but you have gave me a great insight :-)

Good luck Shia hope those babies come soon, can't wait for the next update :-))
haa thank you :)

good luck with your queen, hope she doesn't end up as much of a rollercoaster as mine xD

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she said its impossible to tell but she said about  3 could be more :)

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay rang my vet, she said by the sounds of it Shia is very healthy and doing fine so not to induce and leave her to it, she said it sounds like she wasn't in labour at all as she wasn't straining, even though I never said she was I said she was in pre-labour-first stages but that doesn't really make a difference anything she does seem fine in herself and shes eating loads, was told just to call back or call the 24 hour service if anything seems out of sorts :) so its just a very long waiting game while she holds onto those kitties