meet Buggy

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any little bump in the road is just temporary.  Patience pays off - remember that he's the boss just a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's PURRING!   I can't believe it!  The big brute purrs.  

I'm sitting cross legged on the floor...talking softly to him...he's walking all around me rubbing his back and face on my sneakers, legs, back, elbows, arms....he was purring the majority of the time. 

He laid down on the floor right against my legs...I could feel his body warmth, I'm sure he could feel mine.

However, when I petted his back he did turn abruptly at me....surprised maybe? Or the human touch scared him? Dunno. But, reading his body language, i felt he was close to hissing and batting. He did hiss just once in this session...stopped immediately when told NO HISSING.  

He went into his bed area,,,,he does sleep around now. I left him be.  

Great progress, more tomorrow. I'll spend some awake time with him, actively try for more. 

Wow, how far we have come since October, 2016. 

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He's PURRING!   I can't believe it!  The big brute purrs.  

I'm sitting cross legged on the floor...talking softly to him...he's walking all around me rubbing his back and face on my sneakers, legs, back, elbows, arms....he was purring the majority of the time. 

He laid down on the floor right against my legs...I could feel his body warmth, I'm sure he could feel mine.

However, when I petted his back he did turn abruptly at me....surprised maybe? Or the human touch scared him? Dunno. But, reading his body language, i felt he was close to hissing and batting. He did hiss just once in this session...stopped immediately when told NO HISSING.  

He went into his bed area,,,,he does sleep around now. I left him be.  

Great progress, more tomorrow. I'll spend some awake time with him, actively try for more. 

Wow, how far we have come since October, 2016. 

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Super duper news! Purring is a big confirmation that both of you made it! :clap:

As for the petting, though still a little untouchable, the next time show him your clenched fist and let him sniff and let him take the first step of rubbing his cheek on your hands bounce he does that, means he has already marked you and you belongs to him. Then in return you brush your fist on his cheek and slowly move to the top of his head and stroke a few times and stop. Do not over stimulate him. Later repeat and repeat same steps till you don't have to seek his approval but still proceed with caution.

If you pet him while his back is facing you, he'll feel threatened and thus the hiss. You don't want that. Until that day when he is real Broken in, you don't want to upset him.

This is already a tremendous progress. The reason why it worked was that you've put in your heart and soul and love and now you are reaping your rewards.

Well done! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Bugs is turning into a love bug, maybeeee  Daddy one of these days will feel inclined to change his avatar maybe to represent the cat Bugs REALLY is, a sweet heart. 
  I understand the male ego and all, Just sayinggggg. 
  It's dad's call, just that picture of him does not match what is happening to Bugs, thanks to dad, of course.   LOL, I'll shut up now.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Since Bugs is turning into a love bug, maybeeee  Daddy one of these days will feel inclined to change his avatar maybe to represent the cat Bugs REALLY is, a sweet heart. 
  I understand the male ego and all, Just sayinggggg. 
  It's dad's call, just that picture of him does not match what is happening to Bugs, thanks to dad, of course.   LOL, I'll shut up now.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Wow, if that medal doesn't look like the Bug.  In his defense, I must put that pic in proper perspective...I coincidentally snapped that pic mid-yawn. He was not being nasty at all. 

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
as late as moments ago, within an attempt to pet him I received (kind of) a grunt and a hiss. He was verbally reprimanded and decided to retreat. Being cognizant of his fluid (hopefully declining) hormonal state....I'm being as low key, yet firm in delivering admonishment. Basically, while he's attaching to me, I don't want to alienate him in any way.

His transformation is progressing so quickly, I'm trying to keep up, tending to letting him slide to a degree...as he may not be able to control his posrt-neuter hormonal state.

I'd have never thought he'd be purring and showing such emotion so quickly. Again, I've got to think he was a rejected or lost house cat in his prior life.       

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

His transformation is progressing so quickly, I'm trying to keep up, tending to letting him slide to a degree...as he may not be able to control his posrt-neuter hormonal state.

I'd have never thought he'd be purring and showing such emotion so quickly.
Two weeks ago your were worried that he'd never make any progress.  Isn't Life just marvelous sometimes?

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yessir,  at that time he was constantly hiding out, completely reluctant to interact. Don't quite understand it, but putting up that screen was the best thing I could do. He's still attracted to the point of actually waking up to go face to face with "visitors".  Still too early yet, but he yearns to join the family. As soon as his hormones are normalized and the hissy fits are controlled...out he comes.

Who'd a thunk it?    

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yessir,  at that time he was constantly hiding out, completely reluctant to interact. Don't quite understand it, but putting up that screen was the best thing I could do. He's still attracted to the point of actually waking up to go face to face with "visitors".  Still too early yet, but he yearns to join the family. As soon as his hormones are normalized and the hissy fits are controlled...out he comes.

Who'd a thunk it?    
I know that's rhetorical, but if ya read the whole thread, I'd say that everyone who posted to it thought that you and The Bug would get together.

Funny world, ain't it?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Who'd a thunk it?    
I know your eyes are not believing it. Please punch yourself but don't knock yourself out because it's happening and Bugs need you :nod:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no need to punch myself when I have Bug batting me at least once during any session. He's still really temperamental, hormones of course. More time before he's ready, still unpredictable...couldn't trust him within the household as of now.

Gotta go, fill in work today.  

Later, BBB 

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Lol..........:lol3:

But honestly, both of you are doing great. What's a little more time when you've already put in so much time and the results are super.

Keep the purrs coming!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, if that medal doesn't look like the Bug.  In his defense, I must put that pic in proper perspective...I coincidentally snapped that pic mid-yawn. He was not being nasty at all. 
You just spoiled it for us by mentioning the "mid yawn".   Our imaginations are much better than a simple yawn.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now i'll really spoil the Bugs tough guy image.....he gave me my first forehead kiss this morning!  

But later on....a bite on the arm and a hiss from Bugzilla.  He's still dead set against  "hands on" ......he DOESN'T like to be touched or handled in any way.  

Tons of work yet to do.