Lifeless 4 week kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And no I have a number to call to get them fixed, I just really don't have money at all right now..not after everything we spent at the vet and buying formula and soft food and a scale and I'm just broke right now

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut

The room is pretty much kitten proof, and there's like multiple nests for her and the little one, but there's like no kitten proofing the top shelf of the closet, like there's so much stuff up there I ho early don't even know how she keeps getting up there. Like she will knock everything out to make room and then try and take the baby up there. Through the entire time that we had all of the kittens she's constantly moved them and I always made a new nest wherever she moved them so they'd be comfortable, she'd just move them again a few days later. And right before I noticed there was something wrong with the one kitten, she was taking them JP on this table one by one to feed them and I feel like one of them maybe fell off the table. She started off as a great mama, and then like she became so careless. So I really don't feel comfortable just letting them roam free together. Like I really feel like she'd kill him....
Is there a way to block off the closet? I think she is trying to tell you that she needs a more private nest area. She doesn't feel safe where they are now. Maybe if you placed a sheet over the crate for some privacy she would feel better.

I really think that you need to let them interact more. He needs access to mom for comfort and for nursing. Just make it so there is nowhere for her to take the kitten where it can get hurt.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut

I mean I let them interact ebeytime I fees him or take him out to play. She still sees him.

I guess I could try and block the closet better but Idk how to make it actually safe and impossible to get in. Then there's still that table, which I can take out but our dresser is in there too like we live in a trailer, there is not much space here at all. So our bedroom is the only place they can be, and theres almost no way to make it completely kitten proof. Not if she's gonna just move him to high up places..

Trust me, I want to let her and him just have free roam of the room but I really can't. No matter how kitten proof I make the room, she finds another dumb ass spot to move him. Like I literally don't know how to fix it. We have boxes and blankets and the moat private areas nothing helps.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How much should he be sleeping throughout the day/night? Vs how much he should be playing?

After he eats usually he likes to play and run, but other times he falls asleep face first in the spoon lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens sleep a lot. Is there a door so you can close off the closet?

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2

No there's no door, its literally just a tiny section of room with a big high shelf, and hanging rod with clothes hanging in it. Our room is small..like abnormally small.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And ho early about the closet thing and leaving them together, it doesn't matter what I do, she's gonna move him all over, I already know. Especially since even if I leave them out together, I still have to go in there and feed him and play with him so he knows me and keep tabs in him, and all the in an out will make her move him.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How much soft food should he be eating in a day?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just a teaspoon every 4 hours, unless he wants more. The amount will increase as he gets bigger. His tummy is tiny right now.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2

He usually wants more, he's been loving the soft food, it its like for sick animals or something anyway, we got it from the vet..

But he usually eats like a table spoon of soft mixed with KMR every couple hours like this is what he's eaten today

8:30am- 5mls of KMR and a little soft
11:30- 10mls of KMR
12:00- put them in the carrier together
1:30- tablespoon of soft mixed with KMR
3:30- put them in the carrier together
5:00- let mama out & fed the baby about a tablespoon of soft and 3-5mls of KMR
6:30- 8mls ish
8:30- about a tablespoon of soft mixes with formula & some extra formula
8:50 - 9:20- on & off nursing
11:00- about a tablespoon of soft and KMR mixed and maybe a little extra formula
And I'm about to feed him now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good he's eating more! What you are giving him sounds fine. Let him eat as much as he wants.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

Baby kitty is doing well. He weighed 12.8 today, he hasn't eaten as much today as I feel like he normally does, but he watched mama eat some kitten food and joined along with her, he only ate like 3 pieces, but its a start! :)

We got I'm a little ball that he just loves! And he's running and playing a lot more now, still sleeps a lot though lol

I have high hopes for the little one, now we just have to name him [emoji]128513[/emoji]

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh but he hasn't pooped today or at least to my knowledge, but he's been peeing and he pooped the last two days

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like he's doing well. Sometimes they skip a day from pooping. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2

Well that's good to know lol how long can hw go without pooping before it becomes a problem, and is it normal for him to meow right before he poops?

tlco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Or mom maybe cleaning him when she is with him so you may not no when he does poop all the time...good luck you r doing great he is lucky to have you have you delt with the fleas yet? You can bathe them in dawn dish soap it will kill the fleas...mom might not like the bathe but just run water slowly so she doesn't panic soap her up let it sit for a few minutes fleas die rinse off. Do same with baby towel dry mom she will lick herself dry and blow dry babie.

Last edited:

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tlco tlco

I just want to make sure he's pooping enough lol

And yeah I gave them both dawn baths a couple days ago, mama actually did pretty good, and baby kitty was scared at first but then he was fine lol