Lifeless 4 week kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad to gear he's doing well. Just keep working with him regarding litter training. He'll catch on eventually! (Do switch to non-clumping though!)

ivashanko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Condolences on your sad loss.... it might be too late, but you could try giving the last kitten Biomoxx. I have had some success with that treatment, plus when the kitten "crashes" , go back to giving unflavored Pedialyte diluted 50/50, with some extra light Karo corn syrup added.     Several years ago, I had a feral & her litter of 5 kittens inside an outbuilding and one of her kittens got badly crusted eyes so I removed him and put him in with my orphan kittens. I was given eye ointment and when he acted like he had URI, I gave him Biomoxx and he was the only kitten who survived -  the rest of the litter was lost. 

when the mother cat isn't vaccinated, the outlook is often dim. Articles like to quote the prolific reproductive rate of cats but tend to gloss over the very, too high, mortality rate.  I am hoping and praying that the mother cat is allowed to have at least one surviving baby...you might try giving her L-lysine and research herbal treatments (slippery elm, marshmallow root, licorice root), perhaps contact a holistic online vet if you don't have a vet familiar with alternative treatments. My vet has been wonderful about it. 

A Tshirt worn by the parent of an adult autistic son read ..."Autism, not for the faint-hearted"...one could easily substitute "cat rescue". May you receive many blessings for the love and devotion that you have shown to the little cat family. 
I've never heard this before. How does the vaccination of the mother help a kitten's odds of survival? Aside from (of course) increasing the chance of the mother herself surviving. Does even a pet, presumably indoor-only cat that doesn't have much contact from the outside world, mother pass on such illnesses to her children?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for not posting in a long time but in case anyone was wondering, our little guy is doing very well, he's very energetic lol
We still haven't named him yet and he will be 4 months soon!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you thought of names? They learn their names very quickly when young!

Now is a good time to get him neutered as well, before he begins to develop his male hormones.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for not posting in a long time but in case anyone was wondering, our little guy is doing very well, he's very energetic lol
We still haven't named him yet and he will be 4 months soon!
This is good news. Thanks for the update.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We really want him to have a strong name after everything has been through..we've tosses around a few names, here's a couple
Ash, ace, Brutus, Titus, midnight, and a few others lol

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it would help us suggest names if you would post a really good picture.

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise