Lifeless 4 week kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Tlco

He's such a cutie [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Here's the baby I've been talking about and I think finally nursed back to health...oh and mama too [emoji]128513[/emoji]

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's 5 weeks old as of yesterday, and its been exactly a week since we lost two of our babies. I will always miss them, and every time I look at our little one now, I think about his siblings and wish they were here as well to run and play and all grow up together. Rest in peace little babies..I love you. And I promise I will rake care of your brother, I'm sorry I couldn't save you too 3

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sure glad this little guy is doing well. Have you named him yet?

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Lkittens

Thank you for your condolences :)

And Sarthur2 Sarthur2

I'm so happy he's doing good too :D
And no we haven't named him yet..that sad thing is we were gonna give all the kittens to friends we know because we already have too many cats but we put so much work into saving him that we are gonna keep him..and if we could've nursed the others back to health, we probably my would've kept them too lol

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was thinking Titus or another like strong name

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lyzzie Lyzzie
I will definitely keep that one in mind! I think me and my boyfriend are gonna make a list lol

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright so, I'm sorry its been a little while since I've been on but here's an update and a few questions...

The little baby now weighs 1 pound and will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. He's been doing well, eating good, playing, and getting plenty of sleep.

He's still underweight but nothing like he was..and he's more active and goes to the bathroom normally..

Well we've been letting him kind of play with this other kitten we have who's maybe 12 weeks old or so,h is names mylo, but he got a little rough with the baby and made him squeel a little bit, and I think he way maybe scratched his eye or hurt him or something, cause the baby's eyes all weird and every time I pick him up or touch his eye he cries, like he's been being a complete baby since then so I feel like something's wrong...

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And he's been just like really sleepy and whiney since then..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! He may have an eye infection. You need to see the vet. And please don't let them play together anymore until he's older.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We don't have the money to take him tot the vet again, and last time we were there they gave us eye drops I just don't know if its eye drops for his situation now, they were given to us for his eyes being crust shut..
And I'm not letting him play with any of the other cats again until he's older..I am not having him get hurt again, he's just now learning and playing and being a normal kitten, I'm not doing this getting hurt **** again lol

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2

They're triple antibiotic ophthalmic drops?

On the actual tube it says

"Neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and bacitracin zinc ophthalmic ointment USP

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's perfect! Just use that ointment in his eye for a few days. It should help his eye heal. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get everybody, I don't know if y'all will see this or not, but baby kitty is doing well, his eyes doing better, he's playful as hell, eats hard food and is just downright amazing.

We are currently trying to potty train him and he will just not stop trying to eat the litter. I've tried rubbing his paws in the litter, I've tried putting his poop back in the litter box after he poops on the floor, input him in there after he eats which is when he usually poops..I just don't know what to do to make him stop eating the litter and actually use the box.
Please help!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that he is not eating clumping litter it will make him sick or even be fatal. What type of litter are currently using? you might want to change it to a different kind of litter, 

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just read some stuff and I'm gonna change litters asap..

And I don't think he really ate much litter if any, I watched him and as he went to eat it I got my fingers in the sides of his mouth and pieces dropped out..
And I'm not sure if it's clumping..my mom got it and threw the bag away