Kitten with sores where swelling is going down *pictures included*

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pictures and the video are SO adorable!! Thank you for sharing them. And I am just amazed at how much you have done for this sweet girl. I know how hard it is, I don't know if I could have done that day after day. She is truly your little girl. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pictures and the video are SO adorable!! Thank you for sharing them. And I am just amazed at how much you have done for this sweet girl. I know how hard it is, I don't know if I could have done that day after day. She is truly your little girl. :heart4: :nod: :heart2:
Thank you! Yes she is for sure my little girl. She has become very attached to me and follows me around, sleeps with me, and I have caught her a few times hanging out in my dirty laundry or on my shoes.

After awhile of constant care I just kinda fell into a schedule. At night I started waking up automatically to feed her. I set alarms on my phone to remind me when and what medication to give her. The better she got the easier it became. Especially to keep me pushing was to see all the work paying off.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been enjoying watching Delilah playing tonight. If you though the last video of her was great you will LOVE this. I just had to share, I know you will enjoy it just as much as I am.

I promise that is really her

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks really well there, nice rug as well!  Suspect her nose is healing rapidly now as well and she will be starting to put weight on and grow.

Thanks.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol thanks, its actually on of their blankets I threw on the ground for them, after they wear themselves out they crash somewhere on it. Plus it feels nicer on my skin than the carpet.

Her nose is looking really well, she still has spells where she gets a little wheezy but it doesn't worry me anymore, they don't last long or seem to really bother her. She was wheezing slightly when she stopped playing, but it lasted only for a minuet.

Her eating just keeps accelerating, so I expect her to really start growing now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful collar for such a sweet and special little girl!  We're great believers in safety collars, too, with tags (and yes, she would be kinda weighed down by a tag at this time when she's still so tiny!).  May she continue to grow, thrive, and heal! and grow into a very beautiful and LOVED cat, who will have a beautiful tag as befits her beautiful and loved status! 

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Terrasgirl

I was thinking, the girls are about 12 weeks old now. There was a time at the vet when Delilah was getting better that she mentioned vaccinating them once they were doing much better. Delilah is doing the best she ever has and Penelope is thriving. Both are still small for their age though. I might be a little over protective but I was wondering what you all thought if the vet asked me if I wanted to vaccinate them at our appointment on Wednesday. I will talk it over with my vet too of course.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My intuition tells me I'd be very careful about vaccinating such tinies!  I think I'd wait until they're just a LITTLE bit bigger, but that's just me.  You have to go with what you think is right, and input from the doctor, if it's one you really like, should help with this.  Of course little kittens need their protection asap! but it's a tough call.  I usually get the "kitten pak" (innoculations) done after the kitten has tested well, based upon the vet's recommendations. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I loved Cloud too. :rbheart: I am still sad he passed. Sky is doing well though, she is still distant but getting better. She hides less now and I can walk past her or come up to her without her running, I just better not try to touch her.:dash: I'm sure in time she might come around. I could not even get close to my Lily for at least 6 months and it took a full year to be able to touch her.
Yep - I cried over :rbheart: Cloud :rbheart: :sniffle: That little guy completely stole my heart. I was even fantasizing on HOW to come and get him. I don't do that very often. He was special. So glad that Sky is make small steps. Don't worry about the petting part :lol: I can't even pet my Perla on most days. She was feral born and socialized very, very young. BUT her and her two brother's still have those qualities at times. Mostly Perla and Perkins but they are getting so much better with me - after TWO years !!!!!! So it really can take some of them a very long time to trust even one person. Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW back to Delilah :rub: :love: :heart3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been enjoying watching Delilah playing tonight. If you though the last video of her was great you will LOVE this. I just had to share, I know you will enjoy it just as much as I am.

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

I promise that is really her :D

:thud: :thud: :flail: What else can I say - other than a big fat huge AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW It was so cute how she stayed on her baby quilt (very pretty quilt btw) BUT in the last few seconds she ran right off the quilt towards something else. Incredible job you have done with Delilah :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: She is sooooo precious, and yes, delicate. :heart3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Terrasgirl

I was thinking, the girls are about 12 weeks old now. There was a time at the vet when Delilah was getting better that she mentioned vaccinating them once they were doing much better. Delilah is doing the best she ever has and Penelope is thriving. Both are still small for their age though. I might be a little over protective but I was wondering what you all thought if the vet asked me if I wanted to vaccinate them at our appointment on Wednesday. I will talk it over with my vet too of course.
Gosh - I might wait another week - just to make sure. You don't want to tax her body right now - but then again you don't want to risk not getting them started on kitten shot series. I am totally against vaccinating adult cats/dogs. I do the baby series of shots, then again 12 - 18 months later, then three years later and that is it, never again after that. They are then immune for life. I guess I would trust your vet :nod: If she thinks the girls are ready and it is best to get started - then go with your vet whom you trust anyway. :nod: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - I cried over
Cloud
That little guy completely stole my heart. I was even fantasizing on HOW to come and get him. I don't do that very often. He was special. So glad that Sky is make small steps. Don't worry about the petting part
I can't even pet my Perla on most days. She was feral born and socialized very, very young. BUT her and her two brother's still have those qualities at times. Mostly Perla and Perkins but they are getting so much better with me - after TWO years !!!!!! So it really can take some of them a very long time to trust even one person. Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW back to Delilah
I was thinking about keeping him myself. Losing him was so hard, it was part of what made it easier to say I would keep Delilah. Lily came in when she was still young and it took her a long time to trust me. Sky is much older than she was so I expect her to take a while, and she has at least made some progress.
My intuition tells me I'd be very careful about vaccinating such tinies!  I think I'd wait until they're just a LITTLE bit bigger, but that's just me.  You have to go with what you think is right, and input from the doctor, if it's one you really like, should help with this.  Of course little kittens need their protection asap! but it's a tough call.  I usually get the "kitten pak" (innoculations) done after the kitten has tested well, based upon the vet's recommendations. 
Gosh - I might wait another week - just to make sure. You don't want to tax her body right now - but then again you don't want to risk not getting them started on kitten shot series. I am totally against vaccinating adult cats/dogs. I do the baby series of shots, then again 12 - 18 months later, then three years later and that is it, never again after that. They are then immune for life. I guess I would trust your vet
If she thinks the girls are ready and it is best to get started - then go with your vet whom you trust anyway.
That's exactly what my concern is, I would hate for her to get sick because I didn't vaccinate. Especially because I have lost kittens to illness before.  But like you said at the same time I worry the vaccine will be too much for her.  I do  think she has gained a decent amount since I weighed her last. I haven't had a chance to run her to the vet and see, but she feels heavier and it is much harder to feel her bones, so I am really happy about that.

I trust my vet so I will just see what she says. She has been great with Delilah all through this. She is actually new to the clinic I go to, but I really like her.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got home from the vet. I think Delilah is worn out from all the excitement. She is very well loved and get visits from everyone there. The vet thinks she looks great. We are going to wait 2 more weeks and talk about vaccines then. She wants Delilah at the pound and a half mark and thinks she should be there by then. She is separate from the rest of the cats so she is not at high risk.

Weights for both girls are:

Delilah- 15.5oz! we are almost to the 1lb mark

Penelope- 1lb 9.5 oz

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking about keeping him myself. Losing him was so hard, it was part of what made it easier to say I would keep Delilah.
:wow: :woohoo: I must have missed that in an earlier post, :anon: about you planning on keeping Delilah!!! OH that is wonderful news and NOW we get to be kept in the loop on how she progresses !! YAY :jump: :clap::clap::clap: I didn't think you could let her go. :lol3:

I am glad the vet decided to wait for her vaccines till she is over a pound. OH they are so teeny still. :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, she is SUCH a baby girl!!!!!! :hugs: :rub: I'm so glad the vet wants to hold off on vaccinating her. And of COURSE she thinks she looks great, and everyone wanted to see her! :lol3: :clap: :clap: :clap:

iris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh a spider bite? I have some kittens in a large box in my shed..and their are spiders out there! I never knew a animal could get that sick from a spider!

She is precious and I think I would have to keep her myself as well

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh a spider bite? I have some kittens in a large box in my shed..and their are spiders out there! I never knew a animal could get that sick from a spider!

She is precious and I think I would have to keep her myself as well
Animals can have bad allergic reactions to very benign insect bites, just like humans do.

So glad to read that this little baby is recovering.

Living in a poisonous insect/animal area, I can tell you that recluse spiders, start as tiny spiderlings just like any other, and are no less toxic for their diminutive size.

Desert recluse here average less than half an inch in size.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have missed that in an earlier post,
about you planning on keeping Delilah!!! OH that is wonderful news and NOW we get to be kept in the loop on how she progresses !! YAY
I didn't think you could let her go.

I am glad the vet decided to wait for her vaccines till she is over a pound. OH they are so teeny still.
That's ok, I think I included it into a random post. I don't think anyone could expect me to let her go now. That was the first question the vet asked me today, and she was very happy too that I told her I was keeping her, so was the rest of the staff.
I am glad she wants to wait too, I was very nervous at the possibility of vaccinating her, but luckily her vet is just as cautious as me. Yes they are still very tiny, but I am so proud that Delilah is almost a pound. She has come so far, even from just 2 weeks ago when she was 10oz.
Aw, she is SUCH a baby girl!!!!!!
I'm so glad the vet wants to hold off on vaccinating her. And of COURSE she thinks she looks great, and everyone wanted to see her!
Yes, I feel like my vet visit was more like a social visit than a medical.
Delilah had to be shown off to everyone, even people I have never met. She impressed not just one vet but both vets that have treated her since she has been sick with how well she was doing. Everyone loved the collars I made them too!