Kitten with sores where swelling is going down *pictures included*

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
for every living being in the house (except the germs!!!
)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really, in your line of "rescue" and fostering, (and bless your heart :heart3:) it would be close to impossible to avoid spreading those awful URI's. I am certain that the girls will be just fine :cross: and you are on top of it right away too!!! So all will be well. Maybe this explains the diarrhea from Penelope?? :dk: Anyway - mega vibes for those little sweetie pies :rub: :rub: :heart3: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for every living being in the house (except the germs!!!
)
Thank you! Your right, we don't want any vibes for those yucky germs, unless they are go away vibes!

Really, in your line of "rescue" and fostering, (and bless your heart
) it would be close to impossible to avoid spreading those awful URI's. I am certain that the girls will be just fine
and you are on top of it right away too!!! So all will be well. Maybe this explains the diarrhea from Penelope??
Anyway - mega vibes for those little sweetie pies
Unfortunately URI's are not new to me. I'm sure the girls will be fine. I guess I just worry a little bit more with Delilah after everything she has been through. I wasn't even positive they were getting sick, but today was the first day they really acted completely sick. I hope this can be the last of being sick and we can get our vaccines next time. Maybe this is why Penelope was having digestive issues, and Delilah was being picky and eating less.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes she gets very proud of making herself have huge pot bellies. She actually freaked a vet tech out with it at the vet yesterday. The tech was concerned I had let her become seriously infested with worms.... No worries both girls have been dewormed several times starting at 6 weeks. In sure it's somewhere in her already very long chart.

Theres some good news. Penelope and Delilahs fevers have broken. After sleeping all day yesterday they have more energy especially Delilah who is all over the place. They both still have runny noses and sneezing and slightly watery eyes, but they both feel beter than yesterday. The kittens in the bathroom are finally starting to improve as well. They are very playful today and eating more than they were. Still sneezy and goopy eyed a bit but I think that will start resolving here shortly too. I guess I should be thankful I don't have to give eye drops to Penelope and Delilah because that is the hardest part with 2 in my bathroom because they squirm so much it sometimes takes more than one try to actually get it in their eyes. But good news all around today.

rubberboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been following your story for a couple weeks now but haven't posted anything till now. All I can say is good job!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily it looks like this URI will clear up quickly with the girls at least. They are much more active. Delilah is even finding the energy to attempt to climb my legs while I get her food ready. Now that she has figured out that I have made it so she can get up on the furniture (I did this at least a week ago
) she has been getting up all the time. I was napping on the couch today while her and Penelope were playing in the living room, she climbed up and had me awake my licking my face to death purring the whole time. I cant wait for the two of them to get over the sneezing, they love to cuddle close to my face, which means they sneeze in my face.
I've been following your story for a couple weeks now but haven't posted anything till now. All I can say is good job!
Thanks!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when Rosie and Jack both had colds and they sneezed in my face one after another
Thankfully their colds are over! I only had a few days of the sneezing, my face was very happy about that. I now have 2 very active little kittens again. Penelope's eye kept watering for days but she has had a clear eye all day today. Now that they are healthy again, I guess it is time to make an appointment to get their kitten shots.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just made their appointment for next Wednesday. I have a week to make sure I don't get them sick again, but now I don't have any other sick kitties so we should be good.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just made their appointment for next Wednesday. I have a week to make sure I don't get them sick again, but now I don't have any other sick kitties so we should be good.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: For next Wednesday!!!! We love those little cuties :lovegrin: :rub: So glad they are better now! :clap::clap:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are home from the vet. The girls have finally had their first kitten shots. Just the combo vaccine today. Delilah was awesome about it and didn't put up a fight at all. Penelope on the other hand was very upset and put up a little fight and vocalized her displeasure, but then went back to playing with anything and everything on the counter. Now that we are home though both girls are sleepy, just like I expected them to be.

Delilah has developed a little bit of a heart murmur, but I am not supposed to worry about it yet. We will look at it again in a few weeks.

Both girls are getting big. Delilah is size wise getting close to Penelope, she still drags behind a little in weight but not as much as she used to.

Delilah is now 1lb 15oz

Penelope is 2lb 11oz

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L'il sleepy kitties! :heart2:

Hopefully the heart murmur is just from being nervous at the vet. :cross: :vibes: I know that happens frequently. :nod: It's when one is never detected for years... and THEN they hear one....

:hugs:

No new pictures? WE ARE DEPRIVED!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been to the vet so much I think she is pretty comfortable, she sure acts like it is a great place to be. She greets everyone there and expects attention. The vet tech was laughing today saying they must have a record by now of being the most frequent visiting kittens ever.

The vet said the murmur gets better the faster her heart rate is. Which is better than it being the same no mater what.

It has only been like a week since I put new pictures in the fur pictures thread.
http://www.thecatsite.com/t/245301/penelope-and-delilah

But just because here is Delilah enjoying the car ride to the vet. Ignore my ghostly pale legs.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pale legs??? Where???? Didn't notice them :lol3: AND JUST :thud: at little Delilah crashed in the car. SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet. Glad that all went well with the girls today. You go girl, Penelope - putting up a fight and so teeny tiny :lol3: And, for Delilah, hopefully the heart murmur will go away on it's own as she gets older. :cross: :vibes::vibes: She certainly is a little trooper :soldier: :heart2: Will go and see the new pictures :clap::clap::clap::clap:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The car is one of the girls favorites, especially Delilah. She tries to follow me out the door every time I leave! If I am going somewhere like a drive through or Petsmart,  I will let them come along.

Delilah went first with her shot and not a peep or a wiggle from her. Then Penelope had other plans. The vet was laughing that Penelope was complaining so much and her sister who has been through so much more didn't even make a peep!

I hope the murmur does go away on its own, it is not stopping her from being a happy, active kitten. We go back in two weeks to get their rabies shot so we will see what it is like then.