Kitten with sores where swelling is going down *pictures included*

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Somebody got a new collar!  That's not the same one you had to "make smaller" a few weeks back
(but I cannot believe she just lays there like that while you're driving
.  OMG, mine freak out when they get anywhere NEAR the car!) 

that the murmur is just a fluke. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, both girls have new collars! I made them as well, I was out and saw 2 fabrics with the same pattern but different colors so I picked them up. Penelope's is blue/ green/ yellow flowers and Delilah's is pink/ purple/ orange flowers. You cant really tell in that picture put the flowers are lined up better on the rest of the collar.

I think their age and the fact they have been in the car so many times helps them not be scared. Same thing with the vet. I am sure if they would have been normal kittens who only went to the vet for the few kitten visits it might be a different story. Even though Penelope didn't need to go, she always tagged along anyways. She was used for comparison a few times so her being along was more useful than just comfort for Delilah.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really think the more you do with them as kittens, like everyday, they just think that is normal life. I love the fact that they are so outgoing that way. My two dogs are always together too. Where one goes - vet or other - the other goes along too. Good to have the moral support, like people, pets need that too :D :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AND LOVE the collars. Just too cute. If you can show us a close up of just a collar. What kind of buckle, is it a breakaway? Pretty talented of you to be able to make those :bigthumb: :clap::clap:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love their outgoing personalities too. They are fairly bomb proof kittens, nothing phases them not even loud noises. Going to the vet so much now should hopefully make it easier when the time comes for them to be spayed. They are so well loved at the vet I don't think they will mind spending a day there with their friends.

The collars are actually really easy to make. They are breakaway buckles that you can actually order online. The girls have little tags too.

The buckle, it breaks away pretty easy with pressure. The flat side is what makes it break away. All my cats have collars with this type of buckle and I know they work, Boo snagged his collar on the shelf of the fish tank stand once, it popped off right away when he kept going. I ordered theirs online, but now that I learned how to make my own I don't have to anymore, much cheaper that way.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aren't you clever! 
  AND, it looks like those collars are adjustable in size, so they'll be able to wear them for some time now, huh?   Very nice, indeed

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it has been a long time since updated. But I was taking pictures of Delilah tonight and got a clear one of her nose. It even has a little black spot on the pink that wasn't there a few weeks ago. I am sure this is her new normal nose. It looks pretty great to me. Inside the nostril is more closed than it should be. We tried reducing her steroid drops to every other day but it looks like she needs them once a day just to keep it open. It will open back up in a few days of increased steroid use. My tiny bottle is getting low so we are going to need a refill soon. I'm actually surprised this bottle has lasted so long, with a wiggly kitten I sometimes miss her nose. When she had her goopy eye I had to be careful to keep her from squirming too much so I didn't miss and get it in her eye, even though it is an eye drop I guess the steroid could make a herpes flare up worse.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After reading this thread, all I can say is that you are an angel, and your kitties are lucky creatures indeed. Well done. :)

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading this thread, all I can say is that you are an angel, and your kitties are lucky creatures indeed. Well done. :)

Thanks! I think I am pretty lucky to have them as well.
So THATS what her nose looks like.
I say.. she's still a cutie.
Yup, you cant even notice she only has half of a nose unless I say something. I think her nose adds character. With it being deformed it whistles a bit and makes more noise than a normal nose sometimes, so when she is really excited for a treat or dinner you can hear her smelling as hard as she can.

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the most adorable picture of her sleeping in your lap on her back. What a gorgeous sweet angel she is!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...Yup, you cant even notice she only has half of a nose unless I say something. I think her nose adds character. With it being deformed it whistles a bit and makes more noise than a normal nose sometimes, so when she is really excited for a treat or dinner you can hear her smelling as hard as she can. :lol3:
No, you really can't see it - and it's just the cutest most kissable nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :heart2:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWWWWW :rub: :heart3: agree with Laurie, above. A totally kissable, darling little nose. I think it is healing up beautifully :clap::clap::clap::clap: You have taken such incredible care of little Delilah and you have to take a lot of credit for her recovery. :hugs: :hugs: :bigthumb: :clap: