Kitten who can't move

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is such wonderful news, as stated by so many other people; you are doing an amazing job with him. I think this boy needs to have you in his life forever. 

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, that's great! Amazing progress. You've done a great job, it's so sweet that he has your other rescue kitty to take care of him too.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You have done a great job with him. I'm so happy to hear he is doing so well.

Moving his tail, peeing and pooping on his own, I'm doing a happy dance

stevie_rae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just read through the whole thread. What a beautiful kitty and he is so lucky to have you! Please keep us updated on his progress. Sending healing vibes his way xxxx 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So...I'm sitting here giggling with tears running down my face.  Jennie, you are literally giving this little guy his life back, and against all odds.  Do you realize how huge moving his tail is for him?  An enormous part of cat language is in the tail!  Without some movement, he would have been a functional mute in the cat world.  And if those nerves, at the extreme end of his body, are functioning, it's likely that all of them will function in time and with the wonderful care you are providing.

And I'm wondering if the grooming that your other cat is providing might not be very similar to acupressure.  Hmmm...must ponder that for a bit.

If I could, I would pin a medal of honor on  you, for service to cats above and beyond.  Not only with this little one, but with your beautiful calico lady.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg!!! This is amazing!!! His improvement is far better than I'd have expected--seems much faster!!!!

Maybe you can give Reeves his own FB page? *pretty please?* Oh, oh, oh, you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT til he is able to start hydrotherapy!!!!!!!!!

kittywooo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is such a moving tale and you have helped these beautiful kitties so much it brings tears to my eyes. I read this from page 1 and your patience and fighting spirit are just awesome, well done you. I hope that doesn't sound patronising it's really not meant to be. The pics of both Reeves and your beautiful calico girl, before and after pics are incredible and just shows what love can achieve. I bet you will be rewarded by years of joy with your loving fur babies.
I totally agree with an earlier poster that you should become a vet or work with animals in some way. You sound like an absolute natural for this and your instincts are spot on. Bless you all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is excellent! He has been playing and moving his body around some. I have honestly been sleeping a lot because I have a late night job on the weekends that keeps me out until 4am or so. I was able to upload the video for you guys to see him! I know you will love it!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I saw him using his legs on his own a few times there.  Can't wait for the hydrotherapy.  I think that'll help a lot!  In the last few updates there is life in his eyes!  Looks like a real kitten. :)

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that was wonderful, I saw him move is hind feet too. Thank you for sharing the video. Get better Reeves we are all pulling for you!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the video. First impression is he needs to have those leg muscles stretched to keep them from contracting. It's also wonderful to see him actively playing. Hopefully he'll get engrossed in something and forget he hasn't been able to move.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Been following this from the beginning.  What a beautiful sight this video is!    Bless you for saving this little boy and giving him this chance.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I try to make sure to stretch them multiple times a day! I hope the hydrotherapy helps some! He is definitely in better spirits lately I agree with you about his eyes, before they seemed almost dead and now they sparkle with his personality. I'm so grateful for all of you for the comments and advice, you guys were the main reason I didn't give up on him and kept going!!!

Ps: I realized my night job might make me sound like I do something that I don't do haha but I'm a singer in a blues band and we gig in restaurants and bars which is why I'm out so late!

Last edited: