kitten stuck in cat

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I am just shocked by that....I've never ever heard of a vet refusing to treat a cat! I feel like I should hug you right now, you are such a champion. 

If it was just a small amount of blood it's possible she strained herself and tore the wound a little bit. Is the hole getting smaller?
I'm thinking the same.  Also if you are managing to remove some of the stitches that could have had something to do with it - though I think you are doing the right thing slowly taking them out as they look ready.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. I just want to kill that vet right now.

But you are doing an AMAZING job man! I don't think even I'd be that brave

Send us some pictures! 

And I'd still advise to not let her out of the room at all.. She could enlarge the whole again or hurt herself. Please keep her confined.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying.. We are all concerned about Oubi and you...

You are doing a great job with caring for her. I agree, she should be kept in her room. She still needs to be confined. 

That Vet sounds very bad...I would try to find another one. 

The blood is worrying. When did you remove the stitches? 

Could it be from trying to strain, in order to poop, or even to move around. I mean the muscle wall has to close up first and then get stronger. Moving or straining to poop would re-injure the area. 

Is Oubi pooping ok? We do not want her to strain while doing it. Perhaps add a bit of olive oil or mineral oil to her food. Not enough to give her loose bowels though. 

Your English is good enough for us to understand what is happening..

Again,  I am ((hugging)) you because you are doing an amazing job taking care of her. Much better than the Vets have. 

Please keep us updated and send pictures. 

We are not doctors, but we can at least try to advise you on stuff...

((hugs))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys u knw what just happened...while i was checking oubi's wound i found a thick yellow thing like 'mucus' i was removing it with cotton n it kept cming out i think there's still mre n  a liquid also cmes out....why this was coming out....??

has she been infected..??

n yes...whenever she poops or pees she has to strain herself smtimes and when she pees she does it outside the litter box....dnt knw why....she pees everywhere!!

shecant sit properly also!!

smtimes she jst disappear from the house n go outside 2 play with my other cat's kitten...i have to run after her...search for her...n when i find her she is sitting with n cuddling the kittens...feel really sad for her...i think she thinks they r her babies...so if ever she goes outside ive to be wid her let her take sme fresh air n cme back....its really difficult to handle her as ive confined her in the room at night she jst keeps meowing n also loudly...cant really sleep well...but what to do have to sacrifice a bit if i want my cat 2 survive...anyways nw im scared if smthng wrong has happened 2 her because of that yellow thng...in the mrning i dnt confined her in the room she goes n sleep in the living room its jst when its afternoon n at night that she does nt like 2 stay in the room..c u guys need 2 rush will wait 4 ur replies...thank u

here's sme pics will sendmre tomorrow...

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do not know what it is. But I just want to say I'm good enough to tell you don't let her out please! Maybe a window for fresh air but do not let her out!!! Goodluck.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Juleska for taking over..

Yes, it sounds bad. Infection and the black stuff does not look good either (dead tissue). The fact that part of the bowel was red and the rest pink did not sound good either. 

I know the poster is trying his best...aash is doing more than he should be..

He does need a new, trustworthy Vet. 

Aash, if you are reading this, I do not want to scare you, but please, please keep Oubi confined. Do not let her out. It is very important to her care and her future..

sorry...

((hugs))

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys thank u 4 ur support...it means a lot...i knw sm1 who can take me to anew vet...n its very far where i live...so i'll try 2 take her 4 a check up as soon as possible....bcz 4 me going alone with my cat is a bit difficult i'll c wat i can do....here's sme pics abt her wound...

Last edited:

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it doesn't look too bad from the outside I would keep the wound open and clean until you can get her to the vet. It may just heal on its own again. If it does watch for any swelling as that may be a sign the pus is building again under the wound and it needs to be opened to drain.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about it but does the thing you removed from the wound, is it flesh or is it possibly cotton or some other material and not anything of the cat? To me, it looks like a used bit of cotton/gauze. I strongly advise with the others to not let her out right now. I am sure she wants to go but in her condition it is just not safe for her to do so. It probably would be good to get her to the Vet as soon as you are able to, is she eating well, using the litter well?

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys...posting sme pics of oubi..
She is doing great...n with god grace she is absolutely fine n her wound is closed[emoji]9786[/emoji][emoji]9786[/emoji]but her intestine is still there where it was...it hasnt change its place...mayb it will remain like this always...

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful news! That was a real struggle. So glad she is doing well. [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
That is such great news!!! I was thinking of both of you a couple of days ago....

That hole that healed may end up being like a hernia, where the intestine pops through. Keep on watching it. It could still get knotted or caught in that area. The skin is still very new and tender. 

Personally, I would keep her as an indoor cat...do not allow her to get pregnant again...or to be tempted to do so...she has been through too much. 

She has to also be careful of any cat fights..she is still healing, from the inside out....

thank goodness the hole is covered and she survived all of this....

This is a testimony to You!!! You have been so good with her. So inventive, kind, caring....thank you so much...

Ooubi owes her life to you...please take care of her..

She has also become a part of our heats as well...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I thought she was spayed during the surgery that left the hole in her side.