Kitten already expecting kittens!!!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do. ..
My decision is on the fence.

Do whatever you think is right when it comes time.

You have a vet who will abort the kittens and spay the kitty on April 22nd, unless an appt comes up earlier.

If you are still on the fence, that's ok -- but what that says is that you just need to personally decide at what week of pregnancy you feel comfortable with aborting kittens. It's your personal decision. Deciding either way can have good outcomes, so it is up to you to decide which outcomes ease your heart and do the most good in this case.

I agree with talkingpeanut, do whatever you think is right when it comes time.

:grphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

After thinking it over the entire month, Sun's spay appointment came and went. Yesterday, on the day of the appointment, I cancelled.

I know, I know... maybe I just didn't have the guts. Anyway, Sun is perfectly happy. Eating more and more these days. She has been eating Purina kitten chow Extra Protein. Sleeping lots. I got an estimate of her due date. It should be around the middle of May, estimated at May 16th. Hopefully all goes well.

Thank you for all the encouragement over this stressful time, sorry if I let anyone down with my decision. I kind of let myself down at this point. We'll see what happens. Thanks again!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eh, you've not let anyone down. I think you made the right decision, as she's due in about 3 weeks. You should begin to see kitten movement in her tummy soon. We'll look forward to her kittens along with you!

Do you give her wet food as well?

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eh, you've not let anyone down. I think you made the right decision, as she's due in about 3 weeks. You should begin to see kitten movement in her tummy soon. We'll look forward to her kittens along with you!

Do you give her wet food as well?
I add kitten formula to her dry food to make it softer and give her more calories. I read somewhere that it helps.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lea98 lea98 , I made a mistake in one of my posts by addressing you in the third person, and this was really dumb. I apologize. I wanted to make sure I didn't do that in the future.

I hope you don't feel like anyone is judging over a decision you made for yourself! I'm a little afraid that hardly anyone has commented back to you after your Update as I don't want you to feel unsupported, whatever your decisions turn out to be. You could still go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow deciding another path -- you have that freedom, and I still feel like people here would support you, including myself. At least, I hope so!

I don't want it to feel like a ghost town here for you,
tumbleweed.gif

there are many people here who can help support you in various ways, however you move forward.
:grouphug:

There are a wide variety of opinions and experiences here at TCS.

I think people contributed to your thread because we wanted to get involved and try to support you. It's always good to get a variety of opinions when making decisions but, in the end, you have to live with yourself more than you live with us. You have to do what you feel is right for yourself, and though we may have our own experiences, we have no right to judge you.

The fact of the matter is, everyone here who contributed to this thread or anyone reading it could say: "You don't know me, you don't know what I've gone through, and you have no idea what my capabilities are or what my past choices have been." Some people are pro-life or pro-abortion here not because of any unconnected, unemotional dictate or reason they blindly follow, but because of their own personal experiences, heartaches, and decisions over time. You also have your own experiences and decisions, your own heartaches. When you have a decision tree thrust into your life, you have to pick a branch and then fully embrace it.

It's hard because deciding either way brings its own sorrows and anger and relief and joy or responsibility and burdens. Conflict will always be there. You can decide to abort the kittens and spay the mom, and go home and cry out in pain and frustration and anger. But also, deciding to move forward with the momma cat and kittens brings its own issues and different burdens, and you can go home and cry out in pain and frustration and anger.

You have to go with your own gut instincts in the end, that's what you have to live with. We don't decide for you.

There have been several people contributing to this thread who said they feel that aborting kittens after a certain point in a cat's pregnancy is not the best way to go. Others have been through different experiences. Most are very involved in TCS, have a lot of expertise, and can try to support you in the months ahead. You can go back in the thread and find those people you have more kinship with. I hope you don't feel uncomfortable, whatever your decisions are! We respect you. All of us, I think, like you, think spaying/neutering and finding good homes for cats are extremely important things and so I think all of us can help support you with that in any way we can! It takes some planning and responsibility.

If you've decided for your kitty to have her kittens, you only have a few weeks left to prepare for some things... while other things, like making appointments for spay/neuter can be planned ahead. Many here can help you through it. You can search the site and find members with whom you "click" or appreciate, and try contacting them. The kitten forum is such a great resource, no matter what people are going through, and I just hope you feel comfortable reaching out... even if it is just writing PM's with people in private and not writing in public view.

I don't know if using this thread thus far still presents emotional conflicts for you, whatever your decision? -- I think the staff here like kitten threads to just stick to being single threads to keep the information central, but if you feel you need to have a different thread (for whatever you've decided or for whatever reason, to just start anew), maybe you can approach Anne or any mod and see if that will be something they would support -- a different thread. Whoever helps you, I hope it's with an open mind and that you have support and don't feel alone or overwhelmed, or with a lot of regrets, no matter your decisions.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
lea98 lea98

Are you seeing or feeling kitten movement yet? How is your kitty doing? :)

Last edited:

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lea98 lea98 , I made a mistake in one of my posts by addressing you in the third person, and this was really dumb. I apologize. I wanted to make sure I didn't do that in the future.

I hope you don't feel like anyone is judging over a decision you made for yourself! I'm a little afraid that hardly anyone has commented back to you after your Update as I don't want you to feel unsupported, whatever your decisions turn out to be. You could still go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow deciding another path -- you have that freedom, and I still feel like people here would support you, including myself. At least, I hope so!

I don't want it to feel like a ghost town here for you,
View attachment 178126

there are many people here who can help support you in various ways, however you move forward.
:grouphug:

There are a wide variety of opinions and experiences here at TCS.

I think people contributed to your thread because we wanted to get involved and try to support you. It's always good to get a variety of opinions when making decisions but, in the end, you have to live with yourself more than you live with us. You have to do what you feel is right for yourself, and though we may have our own experiences, we have no right to judge you.

The fact of the matter is, everyone here who contributed to this thread or anyone reading it could say: "You don't know me, you don't know what I've gone through, and you have no idea what my capabilities are or what my past choices have been." Some people are pro-life or pro-abortion here not because of any unconnected, unemotional dictate or reason they blindly follow, but because of their own personal experiences, heartaches, and decisions over time. You also have your own experiences and decisions, your own heartaches. When you have a decision tree thrust into your life, you have to pick a branch and then fully embrace it.

It's hard because deciding either way brings its own sorrows and anger and relief and joy or responsibility and burdens. Conflict will always be there. You can decide to abort the kittens and spay the mom, and go home and cry out in pain and frustration and anger. But also, deciding to move forward with the momma cat and kittens brings its own issues and different burdens, and you can go home and cry out in pain and frustration and anger.

You have to go with your own gut instincts in the end, that's what you have to live with. We don't decide for you.

There have been several people contributing to this thread who said they feel that aborting kittens after a certain point in a cat's pregnancy is not the best way to go. Others have been through different experiences. Most are very involved in TCS, have a lot of expertise, and can try to support you in the months ahead. You can go back in the thread and find those people you have more kinship with. I hope you don't feel uncomfortable, whatever your decisions are! We respect you. All of us, I think, like you, think spaying/neutering and finding good homes for cats are extremely important things and so I think all of us can help support you with that in any way we can! It takes some planning and responsibility.

If you've decided for your kitty to have her kittens, you only have a few weeks left to prepare for some things... while other things, like making appointments for spay/neuter can be planned ahead. Many here can help you through it. You can search the site and find members with whom you "click" or appreciate, and try contacting them. The kitten forum is such a great resource, no matter what people are going through, and I just hope you feel comfortable reaching out... even if it is just writing PM's with people in private and not writing in public view.

I don't know if using this thread thus far still presents emotional conflicts for you, whatever your decision? -- I think the staff here like kitten threads to just stick to being single threads to keep the information central, but if you feel you need to have a different thread (for whatever you've decided or for whatever reason, to just start anew), maybe you can approach Anne or any mod and see if that will be something they would support -- a different thread. Whoever helps you, I hope it's with an open mind and that you have support and don't feel alone or overwhelmed, or with a lot of regrets, no matter your decisions.
Thank you so much for your message! It truly means a lot. Sun is doing very well, I had decided to let her have her kittens. My mother has expressed a want for a kitten, she spays/neuters all of her animals. So I feel safe in giving her one. Even though Sun is almost due, she's not as "big" as I would expect so assume she's only having a few but the vet said she was healthy. If she does have a small quantity I might keep them, who knows. Get all of them spayed/neutered of course.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi lea98 lea98 -- so good to hear she is doing well!

I think your message got double posted plus your images didn't show up!
Were they photos of Sun? :kitty: :redheartpump:

--maybe a mod can take out one of the doubled posts so there is just one! ... AbbysMom AbbysMom ?---

jessicac05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and have to say this would have been a difficult decision for me as well. I have been called a "bleeding heart" and if in the same shoes I don't think I could have aborted the kittens either.

We had a cat when I was a little girl that my parents found as a stray. She got pregnant young and her labor went well. Just after her kittens were born my mom made an appointment to have her spayed and she was pregnant again when the vet spayed her. The vet called my parents to let them know she was pregnant again and my dad told them to go ahead and do it.

I have always spayed and neutered my animals and my kitten will also be spayed when the time comes.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lea98 lea98

Are you seeing or feeling kitten movement yet? How is your kitty doing? :)
I'm sorry, I haven't been online for a few days but yes! I have been feeling more and more movement. It's very strange as this is my first experience with a pregnant kitty but I think I'm doing okay. Thank you.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi lea98 lea98 -- so good to hear she is doing well!

I think your message got double posted plus your images didn't show up!
Were they photos of Sun? :kitty: :redheartpump:

--maybe a mod can take out one of the doubled posts so there is just one! ... AbbysMom AbbysMom ?---
Oh yes, my phone has been giving me issues probably because the weather has been so bipolar. Texas weather I suppose, that's why I had been offline. Let me try again with the photos.

20170415_121722.jpg

20170329_175114.jpg

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and have to say this would have been a difficult decision for me as well. I have been called a "bleeding heart" and if in the same shoes I don't think I could have aborted the kittens either.

We had a cat when I was a little girl that my parents found as a stray. She got pregnant young and her labor went well. Just after her kittens were born my mom made an appointment to have her spayed and she was pregnant again when the vet spayed her. The vet called my parents to let them know she was pregnant again and my dad told them to go ahead and do it.

I have always spayed and neutered my animals and my kitten will also be spayed when the time comes.
Yes, it was a tough decision. That's why I encourage everyone to spay/neuter. This situation was incredibly stressful but now I hope the worse is over. But I will try to give Sun the best care.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! We all respect your decision! We usually can't/don't spay after we can see/feel fetal movement. Though I know some rescues do... I just don't have the heart to. It does stress me though, there are so many homeless kittens. We have 21 in our rescue right now and kitten season is only just beginning! Hope all goes smoothly with her pregnancy! Keep us updated!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! We all respect your decision! We usually can't/don't spay after we can see/feel fetal movement. Though I know some rescues do... I just don't have the heart to. It does stress me though, there are so many homeless kittens. We have 21 in our rescue right now and kitten season is only just beginning! Hope all goes smoothly with her pregnancy! Keep us updated!
Thank you again, I'll update again in a few weeks!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question/Pictures:

Recently a friend said that I should consider getting a "tallish" box like container so when Sun has her kittens they won't be wondering off and getting lost. So I did, I went to Walmart and bought a plastic bin. I placed it on the floor and Amira was adamant it was for her . They started playing in it. Anyways, will this do?
(Forgive the room, we're still doing renovations)

20170502_100758.jpg 20170502_100753.jpg 20170502_100748.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that looks nice! Looks like you might need a second one for Amira, though!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, that looks nice! Looks like you might need a second one for Amira, though!
Oh I know! She still hasn't gotten out. In fact she seems to like it more than Sun. She's sleeping in it right now.:lol: