Kitten already expecting kittens!!!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you use only non clumping litter.
Put him in the box and move his front feet to imitate burying. If you notice his anus is a little swollen, get him in there immediately. It means he needs to poop.
If he poops not in his box, put it in his box then put him in the box. Let him smell it.
He will figure it out.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely would be more patient with him! I find accidents from my 12 week old fosters sometimes! I definitely would confine him to one room for a couple of days until he learns where the box is.
They also sell litter that has an attractant in it to draw them to pee in there.
Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Attract Cat Litter
I would just watch to make sure he doesn't eat it though!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, I agree. He is still learning. Like small children, it is a learning process. Have patience!

Of my four, I had one who went on a pee pad next to the box for quite awhile. I kept putting her in and she caught on.

Leo will master this! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, yikes. Your expectations are much too high for a baby kitten!
Oops, I didn't mean to put so much pressure on him. I've just had a few things going on. Like the room, he's in is to be painted so I had to clean the floor itself twice a day and I think I was just frustrated.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Make sure you use only non clumping litter.
Put him in the box and move his front feet to imitate burying. If you notice his anus is a little swollen, get him in there immediately. It means he needs to poop.
If he poops not in his box, put it in his box then put him in the box. Let him smell it.
He will figure it out.
I'll try that, thanks!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I definitely would be more patient with him! I find accidents from my 12 week old fosters sometimes! I definitely would confine him to one room for a couple of days until he learns where the box is.
They also sell litter that has an attractant in it to draw them to pee in there.
Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Attract Cat Litter
I would just watch to make sure he doesn't eat it though!
I'll try to be more patient. Like I said I never litter box trained a kitten before and I guess I didn't know what to expect. Chloe was 7 weeks when my sister brought her home, having found her on the highway and she gave her to me and she was put into the litter box once and I never had an issue with her.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, I agree. He is still learning. Like small children, it is a learning process. Have patience!

Of my four, I had one who went on a pee pad next to the box for quite awhile. I kept putting her in and she caught on.

Leo will master this! :)
Okay, I just hope I'm capable of teaching him. :(

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have multiple small litter boxes in there?
No, because we're going to have people painting in there, furniture being moved around, and possibly the flooring being ripped out. I'm going to put him in the hallway with the other cats because today of all days I can't focus solely on him. Hopefully he'll just watch his sister/mother or even the other cats and catch on. I'll try to work with him more tomorrow but today I just can't.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really needs to have multiple shallow litters. Think a baking sheet.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today, we had a visitor outside my home and I had to quickly bring Sun and Cali in because this cat is notoriously known in the neighborhood as a very aggressive male cat. In fact, he one time managed to break into my home in the middle of the night through the side door during a thunderstorm and attacked Amira who sleeps in the hallway. Luckily I keep the kittens in a closed room at night. Anyways I had to have my chihuahuas chase him around the house until he ran out the kitchen door on the opposite side of the house. Animal catchers can't ever catch him and on top of that I believe he is Leo's biological father as, he too, has that same pinched tail that Leo's litter mates had. Also, Leo has long hair like his and he definitely didn't get that from his mother as she is short haired. Unfortunately, that's not the only trouble I've had with him. I have chickens who I use for eggs. I sell both eggs and chicks and he has been caught several times trying to get in. My dog Ginger has been my best defense against him as she is no small chihuahua, she is big boned and heavy at 15 pounds. I know, it's mean to sick your dog on a cat blah blah. I've tried to get him away from the chickens by myself but he hisses and even attempts to attack ME. He will climb up the chicken wire attempting to squeeze into the chicken pen. I don't believe he has rabies but he's very aggressive and I worry for my animals. He used to not pose a threat to Sun as she could pass him and he wouldn't pursue but now he has chased her up the tree even on top of the house! I don't know if cats can sense or somehow know if cats are spayed but he never used to be aggressive to her before. Yet to my other outside cat Cali, who has been spayed for four years, he would always chase off.

How can I keep fending him off?

20170706_124834.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you could trap him and get him neutered he would calm down immeasurably. Just release him after the neuter. He would stop all the craziness because his testosterone levels would reduce.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you could trap him and get him neutered he would calm down immeasurably. Just release him after the neuter. He would stop all the craziness because his testosterone levels would reduce.
Not only am I scared to be torn to pieces but wouldn't a vet charge more since he's feral?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would use a humane trap and not physically touch him. Vets are likely to help you, as would shelters.

I would be careful about your dogs getting hurt too.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(edit: this is about Leo using a box, not about the other topic, sorry)...
See if you can place Leo in, near, or watching Sun or Amira or your other cat(s) when they are using their litter box. Maybe he can partly learn from their actions at the box!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You would use a humane trap and not physically touch him. Vets are likely to help you, as would shelters.

I would be careful about your dogs getting hurt too.
I'll try it but that cat is pretty smart. Oh and no need to worry about Ginger, she's trained to defend our cats and chickens. She's been around some larger and more dangerous animals before. She knows to keep her distance but definitely is not one to be messed with. I only wish I could find a larger dog like her. :lol:

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
(edit: this is about Leo using a box, not about the other topic, sorry)...
See if you can place Leo in, near, or watching Sun or Amira or your other cat(s) when they are using their litter box. Maybe he can partly learn from their actions at the box!
I actually have been trying that lately and he has been doing great! I just needed an open litter box.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Yes, I'm late to this thread, oops! I discovered I only get one email alert to a new post in a thread, then I'm expected to log in and check the thread to even get any more alerts! So I got behind on this thread, lol)

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
(Yes, I'm late to this thread, oops! I discovered I only get one email alert to a new post in a thread, then I'm expected to log in and check the thread to even get any more alerts! So I got behind on this thread, lol)
Oh lol okay, but yes everything is going well for Leo. :)