Kitten already expecting kittens!!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please be careful about letting them outside until they are fully vaccinated and spayed/neutered. I know they're not in the wilderness, but you clearly have strays in the area that can get onto your open porch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please be careful about letting them outside until they are fully vaccinated and spayed/neutered. I know they're not in the wilderness, but you clearly have strays in the area that can get onto your open porch.
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to mention this in the thread but I had them both vaccinated on Wednesday. They both also have a spay/neuter appointment on August 8th. They're in good hands, I promise:redheartpump:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! They aren't fully protected yet, though. They need the full kitten series of vaccines. When are they going back?

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great! They aren't fully protected yet, though. They need the full kitten series of vaccines. When are they going back?
I have to check the paper he gave me later but Leo and Chloe received some of the same shots but Chloe got some that Leo couldn't get yet because as you can tell by the pictures she's older than he. Chloe can be seen again in two weeks when she is 16 weeks and Leo needs to come in next week, I believe. Poor little Leo will have to go in by himself next appointment which I'm sure he's not going to like since the two are inseparable.
PicsArt_07-07-03.35.59.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can still take both even though only one is being seen if they do better together.

Regarding the tom, my local Humane Society, for instance, takes ferals first thing in the morning 6 days a week for TNR.

They clearly know how to handle and sedate them without issues, and the ears get tipped. They get spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and ear tipped for $25. You pick them up later in the day for release.

Do you have any clinics that do this in your area? This would be your best bet, and the tom will likely become a much calmer yard cat eventually.

If you begin feeding him daily in a trap, but not setting it, you'll be able to set it and trap him soon. :)

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can still take both even though only one is being seen if they do better together.

Regarding the tom, my local Humane Society, for instance, takes ferals first thing in the morning 6 days a week for TNR.

They clearly know how to handle and sedate them without issues, and the ears get tipped. They get spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and ear tipped for $25. You pick them up later in the day for release.

Do you have any clinics that do this in your area? This would be your best bet, and the tom will likely become a much calmer yard cat eventually.

If you begin feeding him daily in a trap, but not setting it, you'll be able to set it and trap him soon. :)
Sorry I just saw this. I don't know if the shelters in my area do that but I could probably call and ask about it.

Back to Chloe and Leo, that is actually a good idea! I'm sure I can get Chloe to tag along.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
20170709_140613.jpg

Today is Amira's birthday and to celebrate I decided (attempted) to make a kitty birthday cake. It doesn't look very pretty nor does it smell good (to me) but it was a complete success with the cats. Mainly her favorite cat treats in the middle surrounded by tuna and the "icing" was mashed potatoes made without milk. Yuck but yay!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had too much time on my hands today :lol:

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sun had too much cake and needed to take a nap! Speaking of Sun, she has two more days of being inside before she can finally be released to run around outside again. I know being inside all day has been driving her crazy. I let her out for a few minutes the other day but she has been really missing freedom.

20170709_141517.jpg

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PicsArt_07-09-05.59.41.jpg

Mr. Leo is growing every single day. His paw used to only cover a single finger but now it almost completely covers three!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been awhile since I last updated but I do believe Leo has a small eye infection. I don't think it's anything vet-worthy. Maybe during play someone poked him in the eye. He plays with Amira, Chloe, and even his own mother so it's hard to say. No damage to the eye but there is some discharge. If I allow it to dry it turns into a dark crust. I clean around his eye with a warm wet cloth every morning and evening. Is there anything else I can do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just watch it. If it continues you may want to get antibiotic eye drops from the vet to help with healing.

It definitely sounds irritated. It may be scatched, as you suggested.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just watch it. If it continues you may want to get antibiotic eye drops from the vet to help with healing.

It definitely sounds irritated. It may be scatched, as you suggested.
Unfortunately, he plays so rough with everyone I'm sure that's what is was. I'm sure he's okay but I'll definitely keep it clean. Hopefully it'll clear up by the time his neuter appointment comes up.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update:

Today is Chloe's & Leo's spay/neuter appointment. We had dropped them off around 7-7:30am. They are currently being operated on. During the drop off they were weighed and put into cages to wait in and Leo drew a full blown crowd around his cage. He such a little charmer. He decided to entertain the crowd pawing at them and jumping around playfully in his cage earning a lot of "awww's". That little flirt. Anyway, they said to expect a call from them around 11:00am or possibly 12:00pm.
20170808_105043.jpg

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even though everyone at the clinic was sad to see Leo go, he is back home with his sister. He received a LOT of compliments. I was even asked if I was willing to give him away. The answer was no, of course I did not just pay to have him neutered to jusy give him away :lol: Anyway, they are up and running around already. They ate a whole meal with no vomit. So nothing but good things. Chloe operation went well and both their incisions look good.
20170808_143245.jpg
20170808_145648.jpg
20170808_145637.jpg

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I guess this is truly it for this thread! Sun's journey through early motherhood had a lot of up and downs, twists and turns. Things I didn't think would happen and some I didn't want to happen but ending up grateful they did. She did her best and I did mine. At the end of this long road we are left with new found knowledge and a kitten named Leo. Who is a spitting image of his father but just as much a ginger as his mother.

I can't thank all of you enough for your advice and support. While this thread is coming to an end that for sure doesn't mean you won't hear of Sun, Leo, Chloe, and Amira again. As their lives will continue to unfold new and amazing things. If anything arises I at least know about this wonderful community of helpful individuals. Thanks again everyone! :rock::grouphug: