Purraise

A little butt sniff on the floor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AWWWwww so cute! I have been following this thread.. 

Alex, you have done such an awesome job with Jasper!! 

I love him....
Thank you! But it wouldnt have been possible with out the people here!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the cat dog combo [emoji]128149[/emoji] Their colors are very complimentary too ;)

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is really adjusting well to longer trips to my place. My oldest cat whos kind of standoffish with everything actually likes jasper and has been playing with him. Jasper pooped and peed in his temp litter box here, at some wet and dry food as well as drank from his water bowl.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww ... That's great to hear. I like that you are letting him acclimate slowly to your place. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I'm glad Jasper still has his mom for a little while longer too. I know he's very bonded to you too though!

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, someone peed on my bed
-_- im not going to name any names. But i did see jasper on my bed earlier, but it seemed like alot of urine. It soaked through my top blanket, my comforter, 2 sheets and the foam topper...
So i dont think it was him, so if one of tge other two are spraying what can i do to help stop it? They are both fixed. And havnt sprayed in over a year

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's too much urine for it to be Jasper, so one of your other animals is jealous. Do they all get on your bed?

I'm guessing it's one of your cats. Which one do you think?

So this part-time visiting is good for Jasper, but is upsetting someone else.

Your best bet is to get a Felliway plug-in diffuser and put it in your bedroom. It emits pheromones that calm cats. They are cheaper online than in pet stores. I've had good luck with them in a multi-cat household.

Also, when Jasper is visiting, pay extra attention to your other cats - especially the culprit!

Last edited:

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have no idea who it was. They both have had issues with spraying before but that was before I had gotten them each fixed. I did get them new litter boxes so they may be adjusting to that. But i checked both boxes and thwy each had a bit of urine and poop in them. As far as the diffuser, does ot have an adverse affecta on dogs?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, your post with the link to Amazon with the ComfortZone diffuser would be good.

If wanting to try the calming collar route, I'd suggest this one:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would go with the Amazon link to the Felliway Comfort Zone diffuser. That is the one I have experience with and always recommend. Their products are excellent!

No adverse effect on dogs!

I see Jasper is your new profile picture! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea who it was. They both have had issues with spraying before but that was before I had gotten them each fixed. I did get them new litter boxes so they may be adjusting to that. But i checked both boxes and thwy each had a bit of urine and poop in them. As far as the diffuser, does ot have an adverse affecta on dogs?

The flyway or Comfort Zone diffuser, (they are the same ingredients) did help calm my guy down. 

Amazon has the best prices on it. I did shop around. It will not harm dogs. In fact, they have a version out for dogs, so do not be concerned. They also had a multi-cat version of the Feliway. I saw that last year. I do not know if they still do. 

I almost tried the calming collar..I saw almost, because I could not stand the flaking which came off of it.

It is a collar which is coated with a waxy type of substance mixed with the herbs. It flaked off in my hands. I did not want my guy to eat that, nor did I want to see flakes all over the place, and on me..So I trashed it. 

The diffuser was much better.

Good luck with finding the culprit...Could it even be your dog? just wondering..

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont think my cats would enjoy the collar, ive never actually had a collar on them. Since they are both 100% inside cats and to get out of my place its a double door affect, no one has been able to sneak out so i saw to reason to get a collar for them.

Yes i finally figured out how to change my picture so i got jasper up!

Amazon does have a multi cat one for the felliway, should i go with that one?

And it wasnt my dog, if it was it would have soaked through the entire bed haha my dog hasn't peed in the house in ages and last time she did it was about a gallon hahaha and it had the distinct cat smell.

And there is a possibly that the pee was an accident as i woke up to vomit on my floor :-/ i dont know who it was but it had dog food in it. But it was in the cats room which my dog is not allowed in and is blocked by a tall baby gate, so i know it was one of the cats. Not sure how they got the dog food as its kept in a sealed container, unless I accidentally dropped some on the floor. But i guess time will tell.

Oh when should jasper get his first vaccine?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't use collars on my cats either.

Man, you've had it coming from both ends from someone.

Get the multi-cat diffuser.

Jasper can have his first shots at 8 weeks or two pounds.

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well marking territory would make since cause jasper did somehow climb on my bed snd played around a bit. If thats the game they want to play i guess ill have to now pee on my bed hahahahahaha.

Lol id rather clean up vomit than urine!

8 weeks is this Saturday so well see what he weighs then!

Thanks guys

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'd suggest closing your bedroom door while Jasper is there, until your diffuser arrives. You may want a refill too. They say it lasts a month, but I find it only lasts about 3 weeks.