TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They gave me antibiotics, but said she didn't need anything for pain

cmrethwisch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This whole thing breaks my heart... I'm so glad you have your baby back but none of this sounds right. I worked in a vet office as a receptionist and none of that sounds like any treatment ive ever heard of... she didn't need anything for pain? that's just crazy.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kind of stuff is all over her?

She is happy to be home and be with you and does not understand what has happened.

I asked yesterday if they were feeding the kittens. I wish we had known there was a problem and you could have brought the kittens home to feed them yourself. I'm not buying this. Didn't they tell you the kittens were nursing yesterday?

By the way, she does need pain medicine. She has had major surgery - a c-section and a hysterectomy. She WILL be in pain. If she whimpers and moves gingerly she is in pain and you'll need to call and insist they give you something. In fact I would call them now before she gets miserable.

I'm just fuming over this [emoji]128545[/emoji].

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm new to this town so no, I've never been to this office before and I will more than likely not go back.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

they told me over the phone it was touchy with the kittens but they are working with them and supplementing with formula so I figured hey, they're professionals, it'll be okay. Then today it's radar rejected the kittwns and they all died. Sorry. :/

She's still pretty wobbly and moves slow but she hasn't made any noise that I can hear. She did meow when I put her in her carrier thougj which is a first. She has the quietest meow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My facebook post. And she's a total stranger.

I'm waiting for the clinic to call me back to see how much I will have to put down to bring her home but they said tomorrow at the earliest. The little tortie didn't make it. She passed this morning, but the other two are doing great and I told them to supplement with formula if they needed and they said they will but they have been nursing and radar has been doing awesome with it all.

Just waiting on a call back. ♡
I believe they did nothing for those kittens!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just call them and tell them you need pain meds and are coming to pick them up. Don't let the vet's office bully you. You have the right to pain medicine. I am telling you she needs it.

She will be miserable without it and heal faster with it.

Last edited:

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will once kelan gets home. I'm just so frustrated with everything and I want to hold my baby :(

cmrethwisch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Healing faster with pain meds! that is the most accurate thing, she doesn't need to suffer through pain right now especially after losing all of her kittens. I would certainly write a review on this office, there is no way they did all they could for those babies. I would for sure never go back as well. UGH! this makes me furious.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, none of this your fault at all. They sure are demanding their money though.

I don't know how a cat in a cage who can't move can keep babies off her nipples. The kittens were probably freezing and needed to be warmed and fed through the night.

The yellow stuff looks like betadine. Does Radar have internal dissolving stitches?

What time does your hubby get home? I know you need to spend time with Radar, but the sooner she gets pain meds the better. And don't let the vet's office tell you otherwise.

I need to go stomp around about this for awhile.

Last edited:

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2 hours

Yest they are internal, she also has some white discharge with a little blood in it.

And EXACTLY?! HOW! How did she not take care of those babies when she was in a tiny kennel

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any family members available to run to the vet for the pain meds?  It doesn't have to be you.  It may be better if someone else goes, you're angry and may say something (well deserved!) that you would regret later.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
White discharge with blood in it???

Is this coming from her scar???

If so, that's not normal either.

You'll need to get on the phone with them immediately to ask about that. It should not be oozing like that.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to ask my sister in law and see if she can.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
White discharge with blood in it???

Is this coming from her scar???

If so, that's not normal either.

You'll need to get on the phone with them immediately to ask about that. It should not be oozing like that.
Can you put up a picture please?

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's coming from her vulva, not her scar,