Just a few questions :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My facebook post. And she's a total stranger.

I'm waiting for the clinic to call me back to see how much I will have to put down to bring her home but they said tomorrow at the earliest. The little tortie didn't make it. She passed this morning, but the other two are doing great and I told them to supplement with formula if they needed and they said they will but they have been nursing and radar has been doing awesome with it all.

Just waiting on a call back. ♡

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sllept for 20 minutes lol My body won't sleep

cmrethwisch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the little kitten. Momma did her very best and two healthy kittens and a healthy momma is still a great end result.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry about the kitten, but under the circumstances you are lucky to have Radar and two kittens alive.

Wow - so glad you posted to FB. Did this kind stranger pay the vet yet?

You'll sleep well tonight, that's for sure!

This day went from heartache to heartwarming, I'd say! :)

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This I such an awesome story. There are still many kind and compassionate people in this world. I am thankful that this woman reached out to you. I can't wait to hear that Radar and kittens are home.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get to bring her home tomorrow if all goes well tonight. I'm so blessed. They just called me and told me I only need 100 dollars more down to bring her home and that they will have the total figured out in the morning. I'm going as soon as I can to see her. And I'm praying these babies thrive.

And yes he's upset. Poor guy. He actually laid by me for an hour and just cuddled. Which he doesn't do.and he keeps calling out for her. I'm sure he'll be happy to have her home.

bellad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This woman messaged me on Facebook and asked me to call her she said she is going to the clinic right now and giving them 400 dollars for radars bill I'm in ******* tears. She said I don't have to pay her back or anything but I insist and she said that when she goes on vacation she wants me to cat sit for her.

How are people still so nice?

I just love this!!! What an amazingly lovely kind lady, I couldn't be happier that it looks like you will be getting them home tomorrow :) :) :)

I agree that giving the lady the link to this thread would be a good idea, she can see the full story then and as she is obviously a cat lover I am sure she will love this site! There should be more people like this lady in the world, what a huge weight off your shoulders!!

So sorry about the little one not making it, the rest will all do just fine when they are home with you where they bel

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful news about bringing them home tomorrow - fingers crossed they have a good night.

Please ask for pain meds for Radar. She will be sore for a few days. Even a mild dose will help her.

Yes, a nice card, pictures, and a link to this thread are in order for this incredibly thoughtful and generous woman.

Poor Hugo - he needs his best gal back home. What a lover boy! [emoji]128536[/emoji]

Ah, I just love happy endings!

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping ball is well, the lady just called my back and said radar looked a bit woozy but she looked good.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are very woozy the first day. She's had major surgery.

She should begin eating by tonight though. Do you know if she has yet?

She'll also feel and look a tiny bit better tomorrow, but still be in pain. She just had surgery this morning!

She'll feel better getting home to her own nest!

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I forgot to ask but they said she's doing really well so I hope so. I hope she has.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so exhausted but im so restless too. Only 11 more hours until I get to go get momma. I'm so ready to have her home

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hey, I hope you are sleeping. Yes, not long before Radar comes home. It will be wonderful! You will be happy, Hugo will be happy, and Radar will be happy.

Two new babies, and soon to be a third - yours. They can all grow up together! Such a long day, and you are so sweet.

Sleep well, and tomorrow is a new day. You have been so blessed today!

We look forward to a wonderful update and pictures of Radar and the new babies! :)

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Radar rejected the kittens and sadly none of them made it. The little black one passed last night and the little orange one died in my hands as we were checking out to go home. The aid told me she had been keeping him wrapped with a warm rice bag and supplementing with formula but when she handed the formula to me it was freezing like it had been in the fridge, and the warm blanket wasn't very warm.. I'm pissed at her malpractice. :/ but I have my radar and that's good enough for me

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The told you that Radar rejected her kittens?

But yet yesterday they told you that Radar was nursing the kittens and all was well.

Did I miss something? This does not add up.

Regardless, I am happy that you have Radar home and hopefully she will heal quickly. I am so sorry about the babies.

Did they at least give you pain meds for Radar?

I'm feeling upset about this too. Something isn't right here.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry the kittens didn't make it.  Radar may have taken to them once the anesthesia wore off.

The formula does need to be kept in the fridge so it doesn't go bad.  I hope they knew enough to heat it up before trying to feed the kittens.

If her milk comes in and she seems sad, you may want to look for orphaned kittens for her to nurse.

Last edited:

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And she's dirty.. she has stuff all over her ear and foot.

itsybitsy15

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she was scared after the surgery and related the pain and fear to the kittwns.

I saw her trying to give the bottle to the kitten before handing it to me :/ the nipple was too big for the kittens mouth too.

That's what I was thinking. I'll have to watch her and see. She won't leave my side. She said hi to hugo and has been on my lap since.