Jake- Gone but never forgotten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Oh Tammie, I've had so little time for TCS and been so wrapped up in my own issues that I didn't see this until now! I cried out "Oh NO!" when I saw the headline, and Gary asked what happened. I was reading the thread and crying. He was relieved there was nothing wrong with me, but he extends his sympathies and his best to you.

I don't even know what to say. I just feel pain and sadness - and I know it's NOTHING compared to what you're experiencing. I'm just so sorry. I know in my head that Jake's in a happy place now, whole and with no illness or pain. But my heart is breaking for your loss. I know Jake will do what he can to let you know how much he loved you, and I'm sure your heart will feel it - it'll just hurt for a long, long time.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

Laurie
Thank you, both of you. It is very hard and I miss him something awful. He was so special. One of a kind. He was a brave fighter and he fought hard till the end. But I think it was for me. Toward the end I'd sit with him in my lap and cry and just pray for God to let him live. And he did. But he wasn't getting better. Only worse. It was me keeping him alive when he needed to go and I had to come to realize that before I could let go. Twas the hardest thing I've ever done. Every day I still shed some tears for my sweet Jake.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))

I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you.

Laurie

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just woke up thinking about Jakey. I was going through my aol video uploads today and found this. It's not the best quality but I can see my buddy moving in it. I hope it works. It was kind of hard looking at it.

http://Jake PlayingJake Playing

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have really been missing Jake a lot lately. It's just hard to get him out of my head. Then today I was moving some furniture around and I found a little tuft of his red hair. Oh my, I scooped that little tuft of fur up and put it in a baggie right away! It's just part of my little, gently boy and my heart still aches for him.
Things will never be the same.

Love you buddy boy.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just watched your video of Jake. It brought tears to my eyes, because you could see how much he loved you by the way he looked at you. He really was a very special boy.

maggie5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a great video. Jake was so handsome! I found some old pictures of my buddy, Lyndsey, the other day. I know what you mean, it's hard to look at. My husband took video 3 days before Lyndsey died. It's just so hard to watch him. He seemed so happy. How can things change so fast in just 3 days? My thoughts are with you.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh my gosh. This thread is pulling my heart apart, I don't really understand what you went through, but I can imagine a little bit based on what I'm going through with my little girl, she has a better chance then your Jake, but I almost had her put to sleep....like Jake she is a fighter, and I pray everyday that she is going to make it, but if she doesn't, I know I have support that I didn't even know existed.

My heart goes out to you for being so strong for your little man through everything.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Things will never be the same.
Love you buddy boy.
Even though you are feeling terrible loss, know that Jake will always be with you in your heart.

That will never change.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

Ohhhh my gosh. This thread is pulling my heart apart, I don't really understand what you went through, but I can imagine a little bit based on what I'm going through with my little girl, she has a better chance then your Jake, but I almost had her put to sleep....like Jake she is a fighter, and I pray everyday that she is going to make it, but if she doesn't, I know I have support that I didn't even know existed.

My heart goes out to you for being so strong for your little man through everything.
Yes, this place is a HUGE support. I wouldn't be making it through this as gracefully as I have, if I didn't have it.

Jake and I fought for several years and he had many good times in between. I still didn't want to give up until the very last day. Even the last moment. I went to the vet expecting good news but knowing in my heart it wasn't going to be good. I know that sounds strange but... Anyway, I really didn't know what I had to do until the very last minute. I was sitting in the room alone with Jake and it was like he was speaking to me and telling me he was tired and it's ok to let go. HE was the strong one right up to the end. I just prayed and it became as clear as day what the right thing was. It was all very fast.

Anyway, don't give up until your kitty tells you to. I think Jake was telling me sooner (at least a few weeks earlier) but I wouldn't listen. You'll know when it's time. And until then just keep fighting the good fight with your kitty.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Even though you are feeling terrible loss, know that Jake will always be with you in your heart.

That will never change.
I do know that. Thank you for the reminder.
But you know how it is... we want to be with them and feel them and hold them. I'm grateful I had him at least the 4 years I did. My life is richer because of it. Ok I have to stop now because this is too hard.
Not sure why I'm feeling it so much today.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I just watched your video of Jake. It brought tears to my eyes, because you could see how much he loved you by the way he looked at you. He really was a very special boy.
Oh I almost missed this Hope! It's not that great of a video but I'm glad you could see in his eyes what I've always seen. That was done right after one of his flare ups and he was looking a little scruffy still.
But seeing him play was a sight for sore eyes! You can hear him hitting the camera with his paws.
Silly boy!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Not sure why I'm feeling it so much today.
Your bound to have days that are worse than others Tammie. Jake was a big part of your life

That video was so cute as well, and that's exactly how he'll be over at the bridge

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there will always be those days where it just hits you all over again and you wonder how you will ever make it through, but you do. Like they say, one day at a time, thats all you can do.

Just keep trying to remember all the good times. I too, have a little tuft of Alley's fur I keep in a baggie along with a little stone from her grave. I don't have any video, you are so very lucky to have that, but I do cherish her pictures.

As long as you keep Jake in your heart, he will never be gone.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I think there will always be those days where it just hits you all over again and you wonder how you will ever make it through, but you do. Like they say, one day at a time, thats all you can do.

Just keep trying to remember all the good times. I too, have a little tuft of Alley's fur I keep in a baggie along with a little stone from her grave. I don't have any video, you are so very lucky to have that, but I do cherish her pictures.

As long as you keep Jake in your heart, he will never be gone.
Thanks. I think I am lucky to have the video too. I had forgotten I even had it.

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Usually when you least expect it, those days sneak up on you out of the blue, my friend.....{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
Yes they do seem to sneak up on you. Thank goodness we have this forum to help. It's been a life saver for me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Usually when you least expect it, those days sneak up on you out of the blue, my friend.....{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
I lost Petunia four years ago and was doing ok. But the beginning of September, it hit me hard. But it also brought her back to me for a little bit.

Great pain means great love.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittencrazy

Usually when you least expect it, those days sneak up on you out of the blue....
Originally Posted by katachtig

Great pain means great love.
Yes, I can relate to those statements.

It's coming up to the 1 year anniversary since Nakita's death and let's just say I've had my moments recently. Also, since adopting the two new cats I've been fighting with those same emotions.

For me, it's really been an emotional roller coaster and that's why I would never tell anyone there's a set time period for grieving or working through grief. But it's always a good reminder to tell people to be gentle with themselves since it will be an even longer journey it they're not.

to all

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jakey, I've been thinking about you again the last few days. This week will be Thanksgiving and I wish you were here so I could give you some bird to feast on.
Hopefully you'll be having a feast over the bridge, with all the other kitties. Happy Thanksgiving Buddy Boy. I love you.