I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Angels mommy -- your Sammy is such a beautiful boy! and naughty, like our deedee (and punky)!

re the screen -- i bought pet grilles and installed them on the outside of the windows. so should our two little 'spitfires' pop through (or scratch through) the screens, there's the metal pet grilles preventing them from gaining access to outdoors. here's the one i bought, shipped from home depot (for free, since my order was $45+) -- http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unique-H...onze-Steel-Pet-Grille-ISPA800036BRZ/203077138    they're really easy to install, just 4 screws. i bought the bronze colored ones, because i read that white colored ones make it hard to see through -- something about the white color and our vision.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't look like Sammy is concerned about his mischievous act yesterday.  LOL.  When you buy your new screen, they do make  "screen guards" or as you know, "pet proof screens" which looking from that window inside out, it may be well worth your while to purchase some "extra" protection on those windows that are prone to "various wildlife" parading behind.  I doubt it is necessary to "pet proof" all of your windows, just the ones Sammy favors.  Just a thought. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I opened the upstairs windows for the first time in May and within about 20 minutes the cats had torn a hole right through the screen and were all out on the roof.

I got a cat door put in the screen when I replaced it. There's no point trying to argue with them............
Holy Moses. My friend told me that his outdoor cat who he had brought inside punched out a second story screen & jumped out of the window to the backyard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Angels mommy -- your Sammy is such a beautiful boy! and naughty, like our deedee (and punky)!

re the screen -- i bought pet grilles and installed them on the outside of the windows. so should our two little 'spitfires' pop through (or scratch through) the screens, there's the metal pet grilles preventing them from gaining access to outdoors. here's the one i bought, shipped from home depot (for free, since my order was $45+) -- http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unique-H...onze-Steel-Pet-Grille-ISPA800036BRZ/203077138    they're really easy to install, just 4 screws. i bought the bronze colored ones, because i read that white colored ones make it hard to see through -- something about the white color and our vision.
Thanks for the suggestion Jen, but I am in a rental, & I don't think my landlord would go for that. I can't afford something like  that right now anyway. I am still trying to fill two spaces(homes to clean) in my work schedule 

right now, so things are really tight!!  I don't think I'd like them anyway. It doesn't look like you can see out very well. I don't have a lot of windows, so I like for the ones I have to be clear & free to see out of & light to come in.  Sammy didn't jump out of it, so I'm not too worried. He has been in 3xs for about 4 hrs while I was working, Then this past Saturday, he was left inside all day from about 11:30 am to 8:30 pm when I got home from an out of town wedding. He was fine all of those times. I think he must've seen another cat out there or something. The way he chased off miss calico the one time she came up here when we were on the porch. 

He has definitely become territorial here!! 

Hopefully he won't do that again. I definitely let him know it was not ok!  

I will probably just eventually replace the screen w/ "pet proof" screen I have seen at Lowes or Home Depot. My dad can probably help me do that. I was told by a friend that I probably need to replace the rubber strip that holds it in as well. That will be a lot more affordable to do. 

@Norachan, I agree w/ Lyzzie, that must've been a joint effort!  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Can you name the cute culprits for us? 
Sure. The Tux is Hiro, AKA Destructor Kitty.The ginger tabby is Toby, AKA Toby Terror and the point is Sophie, AKA Sophalicious. They're all as bad as each other. I'm pretty sure it was another case of organised kitty crime.

Holy Moses. My friend told me that his outdoor cat who he had brought inside punched out a second story screen & jumped out of the window to the backyard.
 Hiro once jumped off that ledge you see him on in pursuit of a dragon fly. I'm pretty sure he's jump out of a 2nd story window if he felt the urge.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly!

What a great pic of you and Sammy. What a little devil! I had a similar experience a few years ago with another cat I had tried to adopt.He was an outdoor kitty and one day I woke to find that he had pushed out the screen. He was gone for a couple of days and then came back. He was not fixed and did not want to stay indoors. This was when I had my home,so we just put the screen back in.From that day forward I always keep the windows half opened to prevent that from happening again.Now I am renting and all the screens were just replaced so I keep on eye on the 3 terrors. So far they have been good. That does not mean that they will always behave. My Obie the Tuxedo will put his paw right up and attach to the screen so I really have to watch him. Sammy is so precious and cute .so I know how you feel when he misbehaves. They make it so hard to stay mad at them for too  long,by being so cute. I think they know this and take full advantage of it. Good luck with darling Sammy.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the complements on the picture everyone.  
  I want to work on getting a better one sometime.    

I had a pretty productive day today. I'm off on Mondays, so I slept in, then after breakfast, I vacuumed, & then steam mopped all the floors. It's nice out today, it's 79 right now, so I went walking after that. I'd been trying to walk, & was doing really well back before I got sick this summer, but then it was hard to get back into it. Especially after cleaning a house, & coming home tired! So, I was proud of myself for doing it today!

"I'm giving myself a gold star today!" 
  ......Now I just have to keep it up!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3: Hahaha! Thanks Eric, but no, I haven't gone walking again yet. No, other than by her house, I haven't seen her up close.
I don't think she'll be returning to my porch, after Sammy hissed at her & chased her off that day. It's too bad, I'd be nice if they were buddies. I'm not sure how they are around each other, if they encounter each other outside, away from anyone's territory.

Here's some new pictures of Sammy
Lol, looks like a little smerk on that one, like, " there she is with the camera again!"
Bird watching from the porch. [emoji]128570[/emoji]

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a beautiful boy, love that little face. He looks so "at home"  
Thanks Eric. 
  I think he had a little growth spurt too.  I weighed him on friday, because I was going to pick up another Advantage Multi from the vet, so I thought since he was 9 lbs before, I should check, just incase

we need to go up to the next size/the purple box. well, he gained a whole lb in less than a month!!  Maybe it's just now that he's eating meals regularly, but I want to try & keep him at 10 lbs, since he is smaller framed.

Where as Angel was fine at 14 lbs, because he was so long.  Sammy still feels light, & I can pick him up w/ one hand. I sure couldn't do that with Angel. 

Here are some more pictures I took last night, & this morning, taking advantage of the natural light. Black kitties are hard to photograph without it....

This first one is after we had a play session last night. Can you tell he's being spoiled already. I took out a few more toys. A bigger mouse too, that I'm sure will lose his tail soon! 

Rolling around like a goof-a-monkey!

OH, & I will be keeping him in this weekend!
Maybe let him go out in the mornings, he does stay relatively close, but definitely staying in after dinner/dark!

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good idea about keeping him in the house around Halloween
YES!  Definitely!  Like I said, I am pretty sure he stays between our house, the neighbors in front of me, & two doors down, where he came from, so about a 4 house radius, a big square area. AND, I never get trick or treaters back her. Never have. We are set too far back. BUT, I am not taking any chances. It's going to be a much longer time than when I kept him in for the storm, so I will definitely be giving him the calming treats, & spraying the calming spray around!  It's also why I will probably let him go out in the mornings. Maybe afternoons......   Just having to stay in Fri & Sat during the storm, even w/ the calming treats, he pawed at the door a lot!!   I will just have to up the play time!!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Today, I come with very,very sad news. I saw my landlord outside, & he told me that he knew I had another cat, & I was going to have to get rid of him, that he told me he didn't want anymore pets in theses houses.

He said that he knew I had one, but wasn't going to say anything unless someone else asked, or said something. Well, apparently, the guys who live next door, upstairs asked him, & he said no. SO, he said that if he let me, then it wouldn't be fair to anyone else, & he is not negotiating on it. He said that he wishes I would've asked him first, because he would've told me no.  I said that I didn't plan on it happening, it just did...

I asked if there was ANYTHING I could do, & he said no. If he lets me, then he has to let others, & so on....

SO, I am heartbroken. I simply can not afford to move. That's why I've been here for 17 yrs. The rent is low.  I have to work on finding Sammy a new home. I am so distraught!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Knowing that there is no negotiating, I told him that it may take a while, because it's hard to re-home, & it's kitten season, But I would call & work w/ my vet. Then his response to that was,

"Well, it ain't gonna be no two months either."  
   My heart is just sitting in my stomach!!!!!!

I text a few people I know, but so far no results. I text my cousin who already has 2 indoor black & white boys, to see if they would consider taking him. I haven't heard back from her.

My ex that works at the natural pet food store, is also keeping his eyes & ears open for me. If nothing turns up in a few days or so, I will email my vet. Even though I know they are full. (ALL kittens, last time I was there),

I would hope she would make an exception for me, for Sammy. (If the other Dr. who is the owner, would allow it)  I hope! I still hadn't been able to take him in, but would just put it on the care credit, if I had to. 

I am so upset!!!  This means losing two kitties this year for me. I know it's not the same, but my heart is breaking just as much. Sammy is so comfortable here. He has excepted it as his home. I am his mommy.

I can't believe this is happening!!!!!!  He knows this area. He has been through a lot this year too, & now to have to go through this, just really upsets me! 

If there is ANYONE else here, who lives here in NC, & would consider coming down, & taking Sammy, PLEASE let me know.  I need all the help I can get, & we need A LOT OF PRAYER!!

This is also very saddening to me, because this now means that I can never have another kitty, as long as I am living here, & like I said, I can't afford to live anywhere else. 

Not w/o a roommate, & I am too old for that, & have lived alone for 17 years!  I don't even know anyone I would do that with!