I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat,  Thank you!  Exactly! Thank you for the support & understanding.   Yes, I'd rather have a happy kitty than a stressed one, resulting in health issues. I had enough of that w/ Angel. It also is less stressful for me, feeling like I have a little more freedom, in the fact that I am not his all & everything. Because Angel was inside, & alone, I always would feel guilty if I were gone for a certain amount of time. That's the problem w/ having only one kitty, them not having company if you are not home, but I can barely afford one!  I'm also sure that me feeling that way only made it worse, for him to pick up on it. Being my first, I guess Angel was my "learning curve."  I do & would turn on some soft music if he was inside while I was gone for the day, or a few hours. 

The rain really slowed down, & stopped at times, so I finally let him out. He stayed up in the porch for a few, & I sat out there w/ him. Then he went down the stairs to the first step & sat a while.

Then, down on the grass for a little while, & is now back on the stairs. 

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took one of my cats for her annual vet visit yesterday. There was a poster of a cat who was lost this week. It was last seen at a local reservoir wearing its harness & dragging its leash behind. It made me feel so sad. I had to wonder at the circumstances of it being lost. Someone had written on the poster that the cat was trying to walk back home, which makes no sense. The reservoir is huge & it's on a very busy road. Some folks are just downright careless with their animals.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of you are very lucky that you have land, or are tucked away off the road so you can let your cats out, if they request that. I have lived in Los Angeles County for thirty years, in various areas, and I am convinced the California DMV is putting driver's licenses in cereal boxes, because the people I see behind the wheel could not possibly pass the driving and written tests. Traffic in Southern CA is the worst in the country, with heavy traffic seven days a week, and people sitting in traffic for up to three hours every morning and evening, to and from work. We have buses, light rail, subways, and a commuter train, but in an area with such a huge urban sprawl, people are still driving to work because mass transit does not operate 24 hours.

That said, my cats are indoor kids. I have had to call Animal Control too many times to pick up the bodies of cats, dogs and wildlife who were hit by cars on city streets. And drivers are too distracted and too self-absorbed to see an animal crossing the street, and letting it cross safely.

All of our situations are different. I live in a densely populated urban area. Los Angeles County alone has 10 million people. The counties of Ventura, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino, which are part of the Greater Los Angeles area, collectively have a population of 10 million people, and it seems all of them are on the freeways (expressways to those of you back East, and motorways to the Brits) at the same time. But this is part of life in Los Angeles, and we love this extraordinary city enough to stay here.

Let us be careful about questioning the judgment of those who let their cats go outside. The people on this site are intelligent and caring enough not to let their fur babies be in harm's way. All of our living situations are different, we know our neighborhoods well, and we alone know what is good and safe for our cats, and what isn't.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly!

It is so wonderful that you have found such a loving kitty as Sammy! I hope the Calico girl will try to return even though Sammy growled and hissed at her. Typical cat territory behavior. I also noticed his clipped ear, that makes him even more special. I always knew that if circumstances presented a new kitty, you would open up that lion heart and take him in. He is a beautiful kitty, and has had the good fortune to have found the best possible kitty mommy around.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with both of you, Angel's mommy and foxxycat, it would be ideal if our cats wanted to live indoors only, but the reality is that some MUST be outside for a portion of the day in order to be happy, well adjusted cats.  Why my Katy loves to run and frolic when she is outside.  I literally see her "skip and jump" in the air, when she is outside.  She is happy beyond measure.  But, I too live in a "safe neighborhood" where there is minimal traffic and predators.  It will always be a gamble when we allow our pets outside, but life is a gamble of sorts and we as pet owners have to decide ourselves what is best for our pets. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Kelly!

It is so wonderful that you have found such a loving kitty as Sammy! I hope the Calico girl will try to return even though Sammy growled and hissed at her. Typical cat territory behavior. I also noticed his clipped ear, that makes him even more special. I always knew that if circumstances presented a new kitty, you would open up that lion heart and take him in. He is a beautiful kitty, and has had the good fortune to have found the best possible kitty mommy around.
Thanks Barbara! 

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People I've worked with from the Northeast and the East Coast referred to what we call freeways as expressways. Up until recently, freeways were called that in the West because there no tolls to be paid. Now, some privately funded highways require payment of tolls.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly 

I hope you and Sammy are well.  Have you seen your other little girl lately? BTW would love some new pictures 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric, no miss Calico has not been back, since Sammy hissed at her & chased her off the porch.
I did see her cross the driveway the other day, so she's around. I think she stays in more than she used to.
Here are some pictures of Mr.Sammy. :)
Sleeping today

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I thought I'd give an update & tattle on Sammy too! 

In the meanwhile, here he is lounging this afternoon.....   I looked down at him & said, "Mamma's telling on you!" 
This was last night, playing w/ a little stuffed birdie that tweets. (My sister had bought it for Angel 2 Christmas's ago, but he was never very interested in it).

Here's a picture I took of him a few days ago.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems like you guys are getting the hang of this quickly. I'm really happy for you ;) And I love his giant whiskers. They're so looooong!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It seems like you guys are getting the hang of this quickly. I'm really happy for you ;) And I love his giant whiskers. They're so looooong!
LOL!  Thanks Lyzzie. Yes, we are.  I guess he does have long whiskers, Angel did too, so was normal to me. My only two kitties. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a naughty little boy. 
Hahahahah! Yep! ..and I told him so too!!  He was laying up there earlier, looking at the snags he made in the screen, & I said, see what you did, those are a no, no. You can tell he knew what I was saying because he put his little head down.  I kissed his head, & said mamma loves you, but you can't do that again. 

I love the pictures, what a handsome guy
Thanks!! 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hahahahah! Yep! ..and I told him so too!!  He was laying up there earlier, looking at the snags he made in the screen, & I said, see what you did, those are a no, no. You can tell he knew what I was saying because he put his little head down.  I kissed his head, & said mamma loves you, but you can't do that again. 

Thanks!! 
Awww what a sweet boy, I am so happy that you two found each other