Is this starving stray pregnant, or has she had her kittens?/ Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she's got plenty of land since she moved and I'm sure she'll have more cats. She's a wonderful cat carer.

kittnswhiskers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 I am so glad that when you said you were having the kitten's nails clipped, that you didn't mean you were having them removed! That is just cruel. There is a product available  that might help even more to protect your mom (and you) from scratches. It is little rubber tips that you put on their claws. They are called "soft paws", and they do come in sizes for kittens. Here is an "off brand" that will show you what they look like.   

But to see them all, I just searched for "soft paws for kittens" there on Amazon. Anyway, bless your heart for all that you have done for these babies and their momma. They are lucky indeed to have you in their corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2  , a very similar thing happened with two of mine the other day. I couldn't find Possum and Minstrel. I knew they couldn't get outside, so I left it for quite some time before finally starting a detailed search. 

Like yours, they'd gone through the back of a cupboard and had cuddled up together in a drawer in the cupboard. I was the only one slightly worried. They were quite content.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
as far as I understand she has about 20.
Yes, you're right. I have 20 that live with me here and a small colony of 9 TNR kitties that live near my old place. My neighbour lets them sleep in her garage and give them dry food and water every day and I go down to visit them and give them wet food about three times a week. I wanted to bring them all with me when I moved, bit my neighbour had been feeding them for years before I moved into the area and they have an important job to do: keeping the crows and mice away from the rice.

@kntrygrl256  My husband wasn't really a cat person before we met either. He'd never had any kind of pet before, but the last time we had a kitten that I was trying to get adopted he put his foot down and said the kitten should stay with us. "So we know he'll be happy."

You've just got to give it time, I'm sure your BF will come round in the end.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wonderful watching them grow and gain confidence

I swear every night I get home from work and open that bathroom door to see 3 meowing kittens bounce out, that they're bigger than when I left for work that morning!

They come when I call them for food. They are learning what 'no' and a pointed finger means. And I no longer have to supervise the cat tree. They've got it mastered!

Possum climbing up the cat tree.

Possum's favourite spot is in the carpeted box at the top of the cat tree. He runs and rolls around and rubs himself against the sides.

Minstrel rather likes it too.  What do you think, @kntrygrl256?

Minstrel is fast asleep in this photo. He also falls asleep in the middle of playing.  He must be 'Sleepy' in this ongoing story of 'Foster Mum and the Three Dwarfs'.  

He's also 'Sneezy'!  In fact, they all sneeze but I think Minstrel does it the most.  They don't have any discharge, so I don't think they have flu. I am putting it down to the dusty kitty litter provided by the refuge.

And no show without Ginge, who I'm trying to stop clawing at the lounge suite!  An ongoing battle!

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I can't believe I've only just seen this thread!!  Such wonderful photos, @Checkers, and a delightful story..

You talked about the story in the Courier Mail, so I think we may live in the same city..

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
G'day @Mani. Brisbane?  I was so hoping there'd be another local on this terrific forum. 

If you know of any trustworthy people who would love one (or more) of these gorgeous kittens - and they really are so gentle and loving - please let me know.  I know it will disappoint @Norachan, but I'm afraid  we just can't get any of them to Japan. 

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I'll ask around..

D

Deleted member 73596

I've just read the whole story..
Wow.
Can I have the kittens? :p

My cat, also is small. After she had kittens she was pitifully thin and weakened to the state of a flea crisis a few months later. I wanted to keep two of the kittens but couldn't :(

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

I am so glad that when you said you were having the kitten's nails clipped, that you didn't mean you were having them removed! That is just cruel. There is a product available  that might help even more to protect your mom (and you) from scratches. It is little rubber tips that you put on their claws. They are called "soft paws", and they do come in sizes for kittens. Here is an "off brand" that will show you what they look like.   

But to see them all, I just searched for "soft paws for kittens" there on Amazon. Anyway, bless your heart for all that you have done for these babies and their momma. They are lucky indeed to have you in their corner.
There's no way Checkers would be declawing her cats, KittnsWhiskers.  It's considered an appalling practice by most Australians and is illegal.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@kntrygrl256, that would be wonderful. Australia is worth a visit.  I hope I can keep track of Minstrel, Ginge and Possum if I don't have the advantage of knowing the person who adopts them. I'm still working on that one.

And @peony, most of my cats have lived at least 20 years, so maybe we could work something out.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kittens are absolutely darling!! I love your idea of protecting your mother with the quilt over her to protect her from the claws. The look on your kitten's faces, totally enjoying themselves up there on her lap, and the look on Miss. Ginge and on your mother's face when little Ginge wiggled herself up into mom's arms was heartwarming. I certainly understand your mom's fragile health, just saying that quilt worked, and the love showed with those kittens and your mother. Good therapy for mom, and good loving socialization for the babies. I know you must do that you have to do, but I just felt the need to put in my 2 cents, now I feel better. Again, darling beauties!!!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Checkers  

I hope I can keep track of Minstrel, Ginge and Possum if I don't have the advantage of knowing the person who adopts them. I'm still working on that one.
@Checkers- are you fostering them through the RSPCA?

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G'day @Mani
. Brisbane?  I was so hoping there'd be another local on this terrific forum. 

If you know of any trustworthy people who would love one (or more) of these gorgeous kittens - and they really are so gentle and loving - please let me know.  I know it will disappoint @Norachan
, but I'm afraid we just can't get any of them to Japan. :)
How about to Israel? I'll take all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.