Is my sweety pregnant? Please share your thoughts

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you are right.. So sad tho.. Her nipples were even really more pinking up. I feel so misled by my own thoughts!

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I wait like 2 more weeks to see what happens, because now i'm not sure if she is pregnant or not. Yesterday was a normal day again, she didnt show signs of being in heat and the male cat hasnt been seen either other than that one day. Extremely confusing!

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well..we are almost at 60 days now, and I'm still not sure😂 her behavior really is different from before. Like sleeping alot and the attention seeking, also she hasn't been in heat. But.. she don't have a big belly and right now you should be able to feel the kittens movements, but I havent feeled a thing. I treat her like a pregnant cat (special food and all) but I think it's a waiting game. Because maybe she has just 1 kitten because she is so tiny herself. Next week she is due and I am just going to see what happens.. it's 50/50

Chainreaver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When our cat was pregnant she didn't get very round. But her stomach was definitely hard and we could see the kittens move around a week before she gave birth 😊 She gave birth to 3 kittens.

How are her nipples now?
Keep us posted! 🤗

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much for your replay! Her stomach is indeed very hard , and yesterday i saw 2 of her nipples, when she was licking her belly, that were very pink and the size of a ricegrain (?). But her fur is still covering them mostly. I still don't see or feel movement.. she should be due next Thursday...

Chainreaver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she's an outdoor cat, I recommend keeping her inside from now on. She is more vulnerable outside when she's pregnant and if something happens she can risk having her babies outside. Our cat was away for 24 hours when she was highly pregnant and I've never been so terrified before, after that we strictly kept her inside. And make some nice nesting spots for her 🤗 It didn't work for our cat, she decided to give birth on top of me and my boyfriend laying in our bed, although we had made 3 different nice, cozy spots for her 😂 But we put them in one of the nesting boxes and she accepted it right away.
And buy some KMR and syringe/bottle so that you are prepared if you'll have to take care of the kittens. 😺

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I also thought so about the nipple, but you really can't see anything else on her body! See attached pic. but I indeed keep preparing for a possible birth, I actually just made a nesting box for her because I saw her making herself comfortable on a dropped plaid behind the sofa.. and that is not the best spot if she decides to give birth there 😂 I thought of keeping her in the house but she loves to be outside.. and never leaves the garden.. but I know it's saver. Next days I'm off to work so she surely stays inside. IMG_20230520_214231_185~2.jpg

Chainreaver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So weird! I really thought those nipples looked like a pregnant cat's. What if she mated the second time the tomcat returnet to your house?

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I really thought so too! They are still quite big, and her sides poke a little bit out. well I have a camera and haven't seen action on there, the first time, now 72 days ago, I saw it all ... But it is possible that they did it out of sight.. but the thing is that the first time she was so submissive (in heat) to it, she didnt do anything to him
This time she was agressieve towards him and didn't let him come near her , as what i saw on camera...

Chainreaver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The agressive behaviour could be because they've just mated.. I've heard that the female cat often turns agressive towards the tomcat and chase him away after they've mated.. So it could be that they did it out of sight! How far will she be, counting from the second interaction between the two of them?

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it was may 1st! so in that case she would be in her 4th week? I just looked up the camera footage, he was slightly chasing her but she would not let him come close, kept running away. And only that day, after that I never saw the cat again.