Is my sweety pregnant? Please share your thoughts

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi lovely people, I've spend quite a few hours already on this forum looking into this subject, and now it's time to post myself. Because i suspect my sweet little catfriend is soon going to be a mommy!! I am curious to find out what you guys think. If my cat is pregnant, it will be het first and last litter and she will be 22 days pregnant by this day,because i witnessed it happen! :-o I would like to know what you think, thank you in regards!! IMG_20230412_201304_497~2.jpg IMG_20230412_201341_743.jpg IMG_20230412_202151_347~2.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I am going to agree with you that your little girl is probably pregnant. The fact that you witnessed her mating and even have a definite timeline further supports this.

Cat pregnancies last for about 65 days, so nothing is imminent if you want her to have this litter. You can get a lot of help here as the time approaches.

This is a very informative site:
Kitten Lady

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The chances that you witnessed it, then it's probably a Yes. Cats will only allow a male to do his thing when she's in heat.
I had a cat walk in my house one day I thought was pregnant, but the vet said it was just worms. So maybe you'll get 'lucky'?😄 I'd keep her indoors a while if she goes outside though. Cause they'll tend to hide for birthing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both so much for your replays. She must have been in silent heat cause she didn't show any sign of it! I just saw that 'the action' happened when I watched back camera footage that day, and took her in because she was haunted by the male and she looked like she didn't know what was going on. Now i'm exited to have a litter..

I am curious if the nipple looks like a pregant cat's nipple. some of the nipples are so pale when the top ones are more pink, but that is kind of unusual right? also her behaviour is not really different than it was before...I would like to know what you guys think! :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I think that the pic of the nipple looks like that of a pregnant cat. She is not even quite half way through the pregnancy, so I would not expect vastly different behavior right now. There are tell tale signs that a cat is in heat, but they may vary in intensity or even be mistaken for normal affectionate behavior if they are not too intense.

If you can keep her inside for the remainder of her pregnancy, you can monitor her much better and make sure that she is safe.

You don't want to have to find her and the litter outside someplace if she escapes the house.

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not all the nipples are pink, sometimes they are white but they do stick out. In a flat way, a little weird..? And when do cats usually start to act differently, around what time in the pregnancy? I'm so curious if she is... If there were only pregnancy tests for cats 😂😂

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats begin to “show” in their sides around the fifth week. Nipples tend to protrude more further along in the pregnancy. Mammary glands fill with milk around the last week or so.

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok well I start to think she may not be pregnant...her nipples are still not pinking up, the one I post a picture of was and still is the only one of two that is slightly pink, but hasn't changed yet. And the nipples are not easy to find in her fur. If she is she will be 4 weeks tomorrow. What are the chances that she is?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say. You’ll have to wait and see, or you can go ahead and get her spayed.

Has she had any further heat cycles?

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No she hasn't but I only know she must have been in heat four weeks ago because she was chaged by a tomcat and multiple cats entered our garden. Since they mated two times that day the tomcat hasn't been back and so hasnt other cats. (I'm sorry for my English, Its not my native language).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your English is fine! The fact that she mated and has had no further heat cycles would suggest a possible pregnancy, even if with only one or two kittens.

I do think you will just need to wait to see if she puts on weight and if you begin to see side bulges in the coming weeks.

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a new picture, do you think this is pinking up? They still seem so white to me ..
IMG_20230420_073047_728.jpg

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for looking at it and your replay Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , I appreciate it! Right after I posted the picture I saw that it maybe isnt such a good photo. I took it in the early morning. the nipples also seem to look differen during the day.. :( I may take and share a new picture later, if its not too draining for you all :lol2: She also grew on her stomach but that can be caused by the highly nutricious pregnant catfood I've been giving her..:lolup: Its so confusing!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We have already stated that your cat appears pregnant based on the photos. There really is nothing more you can do other than wait. After 5 weeks you can request an ultrasound or X-ray to confirm. It is too early for an ultrasound and too unsafe for an X-ray now.

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry i just looked at all the same topics on this subject on the site and therefore I'm so doubtful. Cause others seem bigger and pinker. I will try to be more patient

mustithecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I've experienced something weird. Finally I was convinced she was pregnant, but now the male cat that has mated with her (now exactly 6 weeks ago) returned to our house and kept chasing my cat. Also when I groomed her that morning she went into a mating position. She doesnt show any sign of being in heat but also not of being pregnant, so I really dont know what is happening. Her tummy also didnt grow but I thought that that is maybe because she carries a small litter or it will happen after 1 or 2 weeks.. She was sleeping a lot for the last 2,3 weeks and also very affactionate so I thought she was pregnant. She doesnt do that any more, She only wants to go outside and now there is that male cat again... Does his return confirm she is not pregnant but in heat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello, I've experienced something weird. Finally I was convinced she was pregnant, but now the male cat that has mated with her (now exactly 6 weeks ago) returned to our house and kept chasing my cat. Also when I groomed her that morning she went into a mating position. She doesnt show any sign of being in heat but also not of being pregnant, so I really dont know what is happening. Her tummy also didnt grow but I thought that that is maybe because she carries a small litter or it will happen after 1 or 2 weeks.. She was sleeping a lot for the last 2,3 weeks and also very affactionate so I thought she was pregnant. She doesnt do that any more, She only wants to go outside and now there is that male cat again... Does his return confirm she is not pregnant but in heat?
It almost sounds as she is in heat, yes. Possibly a spontane abortion? They often eats up what come out, and owner notices only a wet spot... Or it could be a false pregnancy... Not very common, but it does certainly happen now an then.