Is my cat pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Kitten girl(Used to be Kitten girl Aka Keira)
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's what happens to most outdoor kittens, sadly. So do whatever you can for her to have and raise her kittens indoors (can you keep her in your bedroom with the door closed?), and make sure she's spayed before she goes outside again. Cats can get pregnant again right away after giving birth, but that's really hard on them, plus taking care of that many kittens is hard and expensive.
They have to go into heat again and that happens 2-3 weeks after birth and I could keep them in my room but my other cat sometimes sneaks in their when I go in the I shut him in because I don’t know he’s there so who knows what he would do

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
Well, if she's already pregnant then birth is still an option. What will you do after she gives birth? If she has a large litter of seven kittens, will you have the space in your home to accommodate? Do you have the resources to afford vetrinary care for nine cats if something goes wrong?
Thanks for your help if you have anything else to say please say it but I’m about to call the vet about this please tell me more if you have something to say tho this is new for me

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure what accommodate means but I should have space for them but sadly I’m not sure about money I mean we have it but with this stuff going on I have no idea
Your kittens will need to be with mom for at least eight weeks. Your male cat may try to mate with them, which would be a very bad situation. When the kittens no longer need mom, they will still need a safe place to live.

Ultimately, Crystal just wants to have a happy life in a safe environment. She has no desire to have kittens - I promise you that. My advice is this: Ask the vet if they can neuter/spay Oreo and Crystal and tell them they have probably mated. If you think Crystal would like having a kitten as a friend, there is always adoption, but I cannot in good faith say having a litter of kittens is in you cats' best interest.

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
Your kittens will need to be with mom for at least eight weeks. Your male cat may try to mate with them, which would be a very bad situation. When the kittens no longer need mom, they will still need a safe place to live.

Ultimately, Crystal just wants to have a happy life in a safe environment. She has no desire to have kittens - I promise you that. My advice is this: Ask the vet if they can neuter/spay Oreo and Crystal and tell them they have probably mated. If you think Crystal would like having a kitten as a friend, there is always adoption, but I cannot in good faith say having a litter of kittens is in you cats' best interest.
It’s not about her having the kittens for a friend I just really want her to give birth I’m sure she mated with someone but Oreo wasn’t him because she’s never had a chance to even if he tried through the door

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise

If she does have them I will keep him in a separate room

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise

image.jpg
this is my male

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have to go into heat again and that happens 2-3 weeks after birth
Not always. Cat cycles are inconsistent, and some go into heat again right away. The natural lifecycle of a cat is to have lots of babies very fast to ensure the species' survival, before they get eaten. But nature is cruel and that's not usually what we want for our pets.

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
Not always. Cat cycles are inconsistent, and some go into heat again right away. The natural lifecycle of a cat is to have lots of babies very fast to ensure the species' survival, before they get eaten. But nature is cruel and that's not usually what we want for our pets.
While that is true it is how it’s supposed to work

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I can go or they answer
They're probably closed right now. Call in the morning and they should answer. If they are not available, call your local animal shelter and ask about a low-cost spay and neuter clinic. It should be fairly cheap to fix both you cats...fixing two cats and many kittens...not so cheap!

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
They're probably closed right now. Call in the morning and they should answer. If they are not available, call your local animal shelter and ask about a low-cost spay and neuter clinic. It should be fairly cheap to fix both you cats...fixing two cats and many kittens...not so cheap!
Yea I will if I decide that’s what I should do

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
As kitty beholder knows I have a cat that is most likely pregnant how can I help with birth if needed and how do I take care of the kittens after birth