Is my cat pregnant

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Kitten girl(Used to be Kitten girl Aka Keira)
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is a wild one born in the wild usually she meows weird at me and I heard the meow loud to a male so they can mate i’m wondering if she did that Because i read one of your stories that said their nipple pinkens up when their pregnant do they have to? Because they got a lot bigger than they we’re less than two weeks ago but their not huge and their clear but I really need to know if she’s pregnant so I can help and prepare if she needs it I will she if I can figure out how to post a picture of her nipples so you can see

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
I really need to know if she’s pregnant

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she's not fixed and she has been going outside with a male cat, it's safe to assume she's pregnant. I would call a vet about getting her spayed. She may do better in an indoor environment.

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
she’s a wild cat born wild and honestly if she is pregnant I’m really happy

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
But I don’t know if she’s been with a male cat or not because we’ve only had 1 male cat here that we knew of and something happened to him and he disappeared

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she’s a wild cat born wild and honestly if she is pregnant I’m really happy
If she lets you pet her/hold her, she's probably accustomed to people enough that she can go inside. It is much, much safer for her to give birth and raise her babies indoors.

Some people have issues with spaying during pregnancy, but it would not do anything harmful to your cat. Cats do not feel the emotional need to give birth/raise babies like humans do and are much happier having been fixed. :) Regardless, I would contact a vet as mama and kittens will need to be checked/fixed afterwards.

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
Her mother gave birth to her in the wild and she is still here so I wish I could try to get her to comfort her daughter because sometimes they do but she hasn’t warmed up to us like her daughter did

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
And I have brought her indoors a couple times but my inside cat hates her and goes after her he is a male so I can’t bring her inside and put her where she can be able to give birth do you have any advise

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
If she is not fixed and has been outside, it is likely she is pregnant. Her nipples do look larger than normal, but I'm not an expert. I would call a vet.
I would but our vet isn’t open can they Help over the phone

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would but our vet isn’t open can they Help over the phone
It would be hard for them to tell if she's pregnant over the phone, I suspect. I would call an animal shelter if a vet isn't available - most of them can get you in contact with a low-cost spy/neuter clinic and will spay her.

If that isn't an option, I would dedicate some closed space indoors for her and her babies. You may have to separate her from your male cat and she'd certainly prefer privacy when giving birth. Is your male cat fixed?

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t think he is because usually they get their ears clipped right and his isn’t but also he was still a kitten when we got him from the vet like just when he’s able to leave his mom we go to crossroads in fort Walton

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
Will she still have the kittens if she gets spayed while she’s pregnant because I want her to have them that all I ever wanted from one of my cats

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will she still have the kittens if she gets spayed while she’s pregnant because I want her to have them that all I ever wanted from one of my cats
No, she would not still have kittens. Your cat does not have the same emotional desire to have/raise babies like humans do. It's not an enjoyable process for her, and there are complications that could occur at various stages of your cats lives. I highly recommend getting both your male and female cats fixed. Kittens are cute, but the sad reality is that kittens do not often make it to adulthood in those conditions.

Here is an article explaining more: Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
And I think she is pregnant because I was talking to someone else before called give me your croissant and her cat has been pregnant for awhile and she sent me three pictures one from today and she started to lose her tummy size she’s getting ready to give so it just looked she had some hair hanging down on her stomach and that’s what my cat looks like right now

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
No, she would not still have kittens. Your cat does not have the same emotional desire to have/raise babies like humans do. It's not an enjoyable process for her, and there are complications that could occur at various stages of your cats lives. I highly recommend getting both your male and female cats fixed. Kittens are cute, but the sad reality is that kittens do not often make it to adulthood in those conditions.

Here is an article explaining more: Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats
In what conditions?