Is my cat pregnant ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Very small born kittens shall gain 0.21164377oz a day, normal big newborns shall gain 0.35273962oz a day.
Round off the numbers, make it  at least 0,2 oz or  at least  0,3-0,4 oz....    Having several decimals makes it only difficult.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank yo very much for your help and for putting my mind at ease xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it is VERY good gains! Hurray! And you are dealing with ounces not grams. Are the kittens keeping warm with their heat mat?

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes the gains are good It appeared that you were having trouble with the conversion g to oz. As Stefan mention the increases are easier to see in g but if you are using a oz scale then using the conversion might help but as long as you are seeing increases all is well. I would stick with what ever scale that you have I posted the conversion both ways just knock off the numbers after the hundredths and use that. How is Molly?

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great thank you . Kittens are loving the heat mat. Mollys doing fantastic eatting lots and drinking lots .Daddy has seen kittens .He sneaked in the other day. Molly was more than happy to see him and he was good as gold with the kittens

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok remember that Daddy needs to be kept away until the eyes open. Just because he did not hurt the kittens while Molly was there DO NOT let him near the babies without Molly there and you also. The babies should be opening their eyes 7 to 10 days after birth but that is just an estimate. When I state open I mean fully open. Daddy might have been good as Molly was there but if left alone with the kittens before they are 10 days with eyes open is not good. Even after the eyes are open watch him as the kittens cannot defend themselves and He can turn on the kittens real quick it does not take long to hurt them.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How has the kitten been that you are working the hind legs on is that a boy or girl? which kitten number ?

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rocky the daddy will always be very closely watched around kittens mollys seems to be inviting him in while I shoo away lol . Kittens have double there birth weight . No 3 kitten has curled feed I've tried exercises on him but molly is getting very upset with me doing them . He's very vocal even if I pick him up. I've I vetted little and often and very gentle.hes starting to stand on them more but still uses his knees alot .kittens eyes are being to open today

Last edited by a moderator:

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just an update . It's been a week since I first weighed kittens

8th May
Kitten 1 - 3.2oz
Kitten 2 - 3.0oz
Kitten 3 - 2.8 oz

15th May
Kitten 1- 7.0 oz
Kitten 2- 6.8 oz
Kitten 3- 6.2 oz

Kittens eyes are opening and feeding well . Mollys doing fab . Still working on kkitten 3 feet but im hoping exercise and massage and once walking will help

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The weights are very good. Make sure that Molly gets enough food as she needs extra to feed the babies. Now the "fun" begins as they kittens will start roaming more and everyone will have to be on the look out for kittens all over the place.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

The weights are very good. Make sure that Molly gets enough food as she needs extra to feed the babies. Now the "fun" begins as they kittens will start roaming more and everyone will have to be on the look out for kittens all over the place.
yes, and dont forget, be sure everything is kitten-safed.  Nothing which can fall on them, nor anything.    You cant guard against everything, but do your best to be prepared.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I woke this morning to find molly moving the kittens from the built in wardrobe to under my bed . Can't under stand why I only go in 3 times a day to feed molly and weigh kittens in evening . They are 3 weeks old on Thursday . There gaining good weights .
Kitten 1- 11.0 oz
Kitten 2- 11.3 oz
Kitten 3- 11.6 oz
And little ones feet are lovley and straight now.
Can't understand why she's moving them . And it worries me as under my bed isn't the safest of places . I have no carpet in there at the moment and a lot of junk under the bed . Any advice would be gear . Thank you in advance

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats have a natural instinct to move their kittens. Mama may feel it's time they get out of the wardrobe, and cats love it under beds! It's dark and small and feels cozy and safe to them!

My four are 10 weeks old and still love sleeping under my bed. In fact, when they were 3 weeks old, my mama cat moved them from inside the closet in the spare bedroom, down the hallway to my bedroom. I moved them back, and not five minutes later mama moved them again into my bedroom, so I left them. They've been there ever since, though now go all over the house, but under my bed appears to be "home base"! The reason? I think mama instinctively knew they were ready to begin exploring and she wanted them as close to her human as possible for food and love as their needs were changing. Molly may be doing the same by moving them out of the wardrobe.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the end molly moved the into my 4th draw up chest of draws draw . Managed to lower draw to bottom and she's been happy in there for 2 days now. Kittens are moving about more as in walking and playing in the draw . X thank you for your help

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree that Molly knows the Kittens are starting to roam and is trying to find ways to keep them "corralled" a little bit longer. As the kitten s are 3 weeks old they will be a challenge for Molly to keep them corralled. Watch where you walk and Child safe the house.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was thinking to wait a week or 2 and put molly and kitten in dining room . More room to roam and meet people but at a distance. Safty gates will be in place and monitor during day and when out and asleep door will be shut . Going to give them 4 days to settle once moved . And then high monitor with door open .depending on molly and kittens . Also I've been weighing kittens everyday for the last 2 weeks do I need to continue this now ? Kittens and molly doing fab

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also do I continue with heat mat now please . Worried there getting to hot

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would advise to let Molly decide when to move the kittens again. When she starts bringing the kittens out of the hiding places then allowing them into the dining room or other rooms in the house. You are going to have to watch as the kittens will not know that the litter box is the place to potty when they start exploring the house is when Molly will not be cleaning up after them as they will start eating solid food at about 5 to 6 weeks but as they start roaming they will have accidents and you need to watch them and introduce the litter box when they start pooping on the floor on their own. If you can find a low level box as they will not be able to climb into the big box yet.

The hot pad can be placed at one end of the bed and if you see the kittens staying away from the pad then they are starting to regulate their own temp. I believe about 4 weeks is when they should not need the hot pad but let's ask @catwoman707and @StefanZ