Immune Booster for Cats

rnsophie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took George and Susan to the vet yesterday, and they are slowly improving. You guys' suggestion to give Susan pumpkin for her diarrhea has worked really well. George is doing well on omeprazole and hasn't thrown up in almost a month and he gained 2 much needed pounds!

They still both have the chronic viral infection though with the snuffy nose and sneezing and coughing. Also their gums are red and glands are swollen. My vet recommended an immune booster and couldn't think of the name of the one she had heard of. Lysine treats aren't helping, although I suppose they aren't hurting. Have any of you heard of good immune system supplements for cats? Any advice appreciated!

Thank you,
Sophie, Georgie and Susie

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rnsophie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much Mrs. Greenjeens!

Do you think it's OK to give them both the transfer factor and the lactoferrin? I'd really love it if we could avoid depriving Susie of all her teeth when she isn't even 2 years old yet.

By the way how did you get your avatar to rotate through pictures like that? It's cool. Your cats are beautiful. :)

Sophie

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think you have to worry about the pumpkin issue.  We love our pumpkin pie too much

Those two are just TOO precious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rnsophie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! They are super loved and spoiled. :rbheart:

Sophie