I'm Not Quite Ready to Feed the Plants! (My ankle is much better now!)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will you be able to play softball though?? considering you have screws all over your leg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Will you be able to play softball though?? considering you have screws all over your leg
Oh you laugh Fwan... you laugh!
I had planned to exercise specifically for softball all winter and I'm not going to let this scrap metal in my leg stop me!
I will be playing softball when the snow is gone. (hopefully
)

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, Ryan, I've just managed to catch up on your thread!

It's a shame you had to have surgery, but it will be better in the long run, as will the splint!! (my friend broke his leg in three places and healed much faster in a splint than a cast!)

Sending lots of No Pain and Quick Mend }}}VIBES{{{ your way!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not usually on TCS this time of day, but I came back from my follow up appointment for my ankle this morning and I'm quite happy. I got an X-Ray. Then an intern came in to see me and then the doctor who lead the surgery. I had thought I was recovering well, but I had some questions in mind that were answered before I got to ask as the intern began to describe what I should expect in the next year. My ankle is a bit thicker than the other and there's still some minor pain, but that's entirely normal and expected for a long time yet. What made me happy is that my flexibility and mobility is farther ahead than the norm. I can start running when I am able to ride a bike for half an hour. I've already been riding my stationary bike for a few weeks now (30 min) and even doing calf raises. I've been working out the rest of me too, so screw the 6 month recovery copout that they probably tell everyone. I think I'll have everything working like a well oiled machine by the time softball season rolls around, which is part of my New Year's resolution.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's good news, you must be happy about that! Keep working out and you'll be in the best shape of your career by the time softball season rolls around!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

That's good news, you must be happy about that! Keep working out and you'll be in the best shape of your career by the time softball season rolls around!
& everyone will be shocked
& amazed
at your remarkable healing ability!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news but still don't push it too much too fast you still have lots of time before softball starts!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew you could do it! My friend had a similar ankle break, as I have mentioned. He broke it in December and was skiing on it by February.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news!
Congratulations on your apparent superior healing ability!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
Originally Posted by GailC

Good news but still don't push it too much too fast you still have lots of time before softball starts!!
To late. Earlier tonight I did calf raises with as much weight as I could.
Seriously though, I'm going to stay away from heavy squats for a while.

Originally Posted by Deb25

I knew you could do it! My friend had a similar ankle break, as I have mentioned. He broke it in December and was skiing on it by February.

I could easily enjoy skiing on it now, but I prefer snowboarding.
It's so much easier to play hide and seek with Chasey now too.
She was getting bored of "limp and be seen"

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

but I prefer snowboarding.
Do you? I can't imagine having both feet tied to one board. I have enough of a challenge skiing (especially in FL, with no mountains or snow).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's terrific news, Ryan! You've still got a ways to go till softball season, so hopefully you'll be 100% by then.