I'm Not Quite Ready to Feed the Plants! (My ankle is much better now!)

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(Relax, I'm still wearing boxers.) Okay, for those of you that weren't scared to click on this thread, I broke my ankle today when I slipped on some ice. I also hit my head on the corner of some bricks and received a small cut. It hurt like hell, but I didn't realize it was broken and managed to walk on it. I went to a limp in, I mean ummm... walk-in-clinic and thought I would just get some stitches. It says X-Ray on the sign, but they don't X-Ray on weekends.

When I finally got to see a doctor, he pressed on the ankle bone. It hurt. It is not supposed to hurt if it is only a sprain, so he suggested going to the hospital where they would also do my stiches without a surcharge. I got some help and limited further walking on it. The X-Rays showed that it was broken and I got a splint. I get a cast appointment on Monday at another clinic. It's not really a big deal, just a minor inconvenience. I'm just glad something worse didn't happen. I've been in casts twice before. I just wanted to let everyone know that I might not be at the computer as much because I was asked to elevate my leg more often then not.

Oh yeah, the pants were a bit tricky to get off at home with the splint on, but it's done so I'm ready for bed in my boxers. From now on I will be wearing my breakaway pants with the buttons all down the sides. I think it's finally time for me to watch the third Matrix movie. Hmmm... what should I do after that?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slipped on the ice a few years ago and railed my head on the ice, and then got to spend 3 hrs in the ER waiting to be seen, so I feel your pain.

I don't know if you have it in Canuckyland, but here in the US of A we have a glorious TV channel known as the Game Show Channel. We're talking Press Your Luck (no whammy, no whammy, STOP!) The Price Is Right, 10,000 Pyramid, all the oldies but goodies. Its truly thrilling to watch when you're infirmed in some way and feel like some mindless entertainment.

I have a confession--I TIVO Price is Right everyday and Press Your Luck on the weekends. It's a shameful, dirty secret, and I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Anyways, feel better, and I'm sure you'll soon receive a flurry of offers to help you out with that no-pants situation. I myself would gladly offer my services, but am afraid my HHH (Handy Hottie Husband) would dissaprove

Get a cast in a snazzy color!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, this thread certainly got my attention! Poor Ryan has a boo boo, ouch!
Well, if you're going to break your ankle, this would be the best time of year while softball isn't in season
Bet Chasey is loving all over Daddy to make it all better!
Sure hope you're following Dr.'s orders and keeping that foot elevated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nebula11

sheeeesh..........

you had a day huh???......

hope it all gets better soon...and umm lay off the ice..
No more ice for Wyan!

Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I slipped on the ice a few years ago and railed my head on the ice, and then got to spend 3 hrs in the ER waiting to be seen, so I feel your pain.

I don't know if you have it in Canuckyland, but here in the US of A we have a glorious TV channel known as the Game Show Channel. We're talking Press Your Luck (no whammy, no whammy, STOP!) The Price Is Right, 10,000 Pyramid, all the oldies but goodies. Its truly thrilling to watch when you're infirmed in some way and feel like some mindless entertainment.

I have a confession--I TIVO Price is Right everyday and Press Your Luck on the weekends. It's a shameful, dirty secret, and I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Anyways, feel better, and I'm sure you'll soon receive a flurry of offers to help you out with that no-pants situation. I myself would gladly offer my services, but am afraid my HHH (Handy Hottie Husband) would dissaprove

Get a cast in a snazzy color!
I think I saw The Price is Right the most when I was a kid. Do you remember that old gameshow with the million dollar prize? It was such a scam and nearly impossible to win, but I watched it. Let's see... the last time I had a cast it was blue. I'll probably pick blue again. Chasey would probably pick purple or pink.

Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Well, this thread certainly got my attention! Poor Ryan has a boo boo, ouch!
Well, if you're going to break your ankle, this would be the best time of year while softball isn't in season
Bet Chasey is loving all over Daddy to make it all better!
Sure hope you're following Dr.'s orders and keeping that foot elevated!
I finally started my off-season workout program the day before the ankle break, but you are absolutely right Steph! I'm so glad this didn't happen during softball season.
Once I had an avulsion fracture in my right arm before a snowboard half-pipe contest though... and I was the one that shaped the entire pipe. -no pipe dragon machines back in those days.

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AWWW poor Ryan..... you really had a rough day. Lucky you didn't do major damage to it walking on it.

I hope you are all healed up soon!

Thanks for the visual or Ryan in boxers....HEHE.....

Now I am off to bed.......

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouchie!
Sending quick healing vibes your way.

Though I must say I was expecting something different from your title!

Oh well, at least you'll now have more TCS time!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending healing vibes and good wishes for a speedy recovery your way. you sure had a bad day..

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ryan...only you could come up with www.inasplint.owwie after you broke your ankle.

A broken ankle hurts like crazy plus crutches are really awkward to use. What a big drag.
Will you have help with Chasey and your basic needs while it heals?

Should I send a nice nurse your way?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that! Lots of healing vibes headed your way!!!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch, Ryan! What a pain - literally!

Your ankle will feel much better when you get the cast on Monday! Are you having fun with your crutches?!

Sending Quick Mend }}}VIBES{{{ your way!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You broke your ankle? What on earth were you doing other than not looking where you were putting your feet?!
You're gunna be pretty cold this winter - oh and don't go out like that eh?
Have you any idea what you could possibly do to all those poor women out there if you do?!
Get well soon

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Poor Ryan!
maybe you could start wearing long skirts?

(I wouldn't advise a mini-skirt... unless you promise to post pictures!)

Ouchie Ryan! You poor guy.
Lots of quick healing vibes coming your way.

As for the title of this thread... thanks for the visual!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit Ryan...this thread did not live up to my expectations!
Just kidding (sorta!).

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the fall. Wanna send some of that snow down my way? I'll take care of it for ya
. I hope your ankle heals quickly so you can get some pants back on...or do I?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Ryan! How bad is the break? My friend had to have surgery and bones screwed back together when his ankle was broken.