I think i killed Willow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope by now you have at least called the vet Lina. Anytime you have a young kitten and you see blood that you cannot account for where they are sleeping. You should immediately contact a vet.

As tania said, she could have thrown a clot. She shouldn't wait to see the vet, she should go in straight-away!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Lina, please listen to these 2 brilliant women. They know what they're talking about. Willow has come so far, don't make it all for naught. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and Willow.
Goose thanks for the compliment. But neither Tania nor I believe we are brilliant. Sadly, our "experienced voices" are born from mistakes both of us made early on as we tried to save kittens and didn't really know what we doing. If we can prevent anyone from suffering (both rescuer and kitten or cat) we will do all we can. That is why together, we built www.kitten-rescue.com to help others prevent mistakes that we ourselves made once upon a time-

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so glad I found this site!
I read this whole post, and I am now in tears.
There are so many amazing and caring people here. It makes me have hope. Maybe its a cat owner thing.

Willow is truly a beautiful cat, and I will pray for her, and for the family. Please keep us updated. This is truly a 'pull at your heartstrings' story.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No vet yet?
I'm finding this situation extremely vexing!

While everyone has been very concerned and supportive I can't be the only one angry that this poor animal hasn't received medical attention yet. The original injury was May 19- that's two weeks tomorrow.
That's a long time to be in pain.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill

No vet yet?

While everyone has been very concerned and supportive I can't be the only one angry that this poor animal hasn't received medical attention yet. The original injury was May 19- that's two weeks tomorrow.
She's working on it..there was a lack of funds.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From what I have read, She is doing the very best she can in this horrible situation, now she has an appointment set up, it's just a matter of waiting for her to post and let us know what's happening, and if she took Willow earlier because of the emergency!

{{{Sending lots of love to Willow and her family! Get well soon, Sweetie, We're all rooting for you!!!}}}

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sure has done a great job with Willow!

Sending good vibes, I hope she's at the vet and comes back with good news!

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Posting negative comments here isnt going to help anyone. Lina took her rent money and took Willow to the vet, I believe he gave her pain meds on that visit. She has dedicated herself to helping Willow, we all are doing what we can.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ginava

Posting negative comments here isnt going to help anyone. Lina took her rent money and took Willow to the vet, I believe he gave her pain meds on that visit. She has dedicated herself to helping Willow, we all are doing what we can.
So true, we are all here to support the little sweety Willow, and noone on this Forum would ever want her to suffer, especially Silvermoomyst.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can up-date us soon!! Willow was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning and I can't get her sweet face out of my mind!!
We won't stop praying!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, sorry my daily update is so late. I had some early morning problems to take care of, and then ended up sleeping in really late. Willow seems to be in pain this morning, she dosent want to eat, so im letting her just rest. I found the cause of the bleeding, One of her sisters has a little cut on her belly. I think she was fighting with a sister and got hurt, so im pretty sure thats where the blood came from. It was on willow because when there is another kitten in the box she likes to crawl on and under them.

Thanks for the concern, Willow will still be going to the vet of course tonight. I would take her sooner, but my husband is at work untill 5. He will be here by 6 at the latest and we will be at the vets office by 6 30 ( we timed ourselves last night, and we didnt rush) so if we have to rush we can be there faster.

Im sorry if some people feel that im not doing enough to help willow. I really am doing everything in my power to help her. In fact ive been thinking of talking to the vet about finding a home that is better equipt to care for a hurt kitten... ive been feeling that im not the best person to care for her. Love isnt always the cure. Love wont always make cure the ills of the sick, and i dont know if im doing her any favors keeping her in a house where there are 2 toddlers that can get to her on a fairly regualr basis. Where my son can pick her up and carry her around. and hes not too gentle. hes only 2. He dosent know better.

If he dosent know anyone, ill be talking to the person who runs CIA about it. I know she will know someone who can care properly for Willow... tony, my husband says im copping out. that i am running from a problem i caused. But i cant make her get better... i guess... i just dont know what to do. She hurts,and i cant make it better. I can make my son better. You kiss his boo boos and hes better... but not Will...its not that easy..

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update Lina...please let us know what the vet has to say...hang in there Willow!

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I knew you would feel bad about that post. Dont make any decisions right now, wait to see what the vet says, okay?

emmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lina, please don't beat yourself up over what happened, it was an accident pure and simple.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your visit to the vets later, it is 10.30pm in the UK here and I am off to bed, good luck and I will check back tomorrow.

Stay strong and I will be thinking of you and Willow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im very sorry you feel that way, i am doing everything in my power. i really am, im trying very hard, and i know, im being very irresponsable because i cant do more, im sorry, my money tree out back died. i cant help that. im sorry, my husband cant take off work to take her to the vet, we cant loose this job.

This is why im going to find her a better home, if i cant give her proper care then ill find someone who can. You know, i never thought i could take good care of her, your right, im doing a terrible job. i just was hoping i could try. im sorry. im sorry..

and most of all im sorry to willow.. because i couldent find the strenght to do what was best for her right away, because i couldent find more for her. . because i couldent give her to someone who could.

im sorry.

Originally Posted by Cearbhaill

No vet yet?

marli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lina, from what I can tell, you can take care of a hurt kitty. You already love Willow, and she knows that, and you're doing great!!!! Don't let one person who posts something stupid, make you feel inferior, and if it's more then just that post, chin up! I'm thinking you're just very tired physically and emotionally, and that will make you down on yourself!!! You CAN do it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.