I think i killed Willow

Status
Not open for further replies.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Lina,
we're still here to support you. I know you are doing the best you can. And I know you will do what is best for Willow. And that may be giving her to another home. But first we will wait for the vet's diagnosis...

emmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lina, most people haven't got an endless pot of money, and I always find vets bills come at the worse time.

Now isn't the time to be worrying about apologising to ANYBODY on this forum, you need to stay focused and concentrate on Willow and seeing what the vets says when you see them.

I think you are doing an excellent job looking after her

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvermoonmyst

Im sorry if some people feel that im not doing enough to help willow. I really am doing everything in my power to help her. In fact ive been thinking of talking to the vet about finding a home that is better equipt to care for a hurt kitten... ive been feeling that im not the best person to care for her. Love isnt always the cure. Love wont always make cure the ills of the sick, and i dont know if im doing her any favors keeping her in a house where there are 2 toddlers that can get to her on a fairly regualr basis. Where my son can pick her up and carry her around. and hes not too gentle. hes only 2. He dosent know better.

If he dosent know anyone, ill be talking to the person who runs CIA about it. I know she will know someone who can care properly for Willow... tony, my husband says im copping out. that i am running from a problem i caused. But i cant make her get better... i guess... i just dont know what to do. She hurts,and i cant make it better. I can make my son better. You kiss his boo boos and hes better... but not Will...its not that easy..
I think it will take more love to give her up, knowing someone else can provide for her better. As you said, having a 2 year old handle an injured kitten is a problem. I know my 6 y/o son isn't as gentle as I would wish sometimes...I have to be with him every moment he is with the babies. Prayers for her recovery, and for your wisdom in knowing what decision to make for Willow.

There is also the issue of ongoing health needs, if there is someone who could take her and be able to better provide the expensive vet care. I just had to give up a foster litter...it does kind of feel like a failure to admit someone else will be a better fit for a certain kitty. On the other hand, the needs of the kitty must come before my feelings.

I don't think anyone here doubts your love of Willow. But as you said, sometimes love isn't quite enough! I'll support your decision either way.

marli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Lina, what time is it in Alaska right now....it's 5:43 on the east coast, I'm trying to figure out what time you might upadate on Willow tonight?

I just read your post about being sorry, my previous post applies to that too, but I want to reiterate, that you're doing GREAT, GREAT, GREAT. You do sound very tired.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh please don't feel bad!!! You are doing the best that you can do and thats all that Willow would ask from you!! I think that you are being and excellent kitty mommy to this sweet angel and I'm sure that she loves you with all her heart because of it!! Some people can be very insensitive to other peoples situations and don't realize that money dosen't grow on trees! Don't let that get to you!! You have to do the best that you can and ignore people who try to bring you down!

If you need to talk feel free to pm me, I'm on a lot!

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it sounds like the kitten is getting the best care possible. Don't give her away... I doubt anyone could do better. That poster didn't understand that the kitten had *already* been to the vet and everyone was just talking about a follow-up visit. It sounds like she's recuperating, but it's a slow process and probably won't be smooth.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lina is a dear friend of mine, though I don't know her in real life I know her well on another online site. (I think).

She is doing the best she can with what she has to work with. She has done everything in her power to keep that kitten as comfortable as possible.

She's got an appointment with a vet, and it's all she can do. She cares deeply for this sweet kitten and sometimes there is little you can do when hard times have fallen on your family. You have to think of your human family members before the animal ones and that's just the way it is.

Instead of coming down on her, try to give her support and encouragement. We all have different backgrounds and upbringings as well as finanical means.
Let's all get along

Lina, this is for you (
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
before i read responses its 2 pm right now. Willow just pooed on her own for the first time in two weeks thats good right ??

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvermoonmyst

before i read responses its 2 pm right now. Willow just pooed on her own for the first time in two weeks thats good right ??
I don't know for sure, but it seems on this site we celebrate poo alot.
I'm thinking it is good.

Lina, just hang in there - you were the one to save her initially. Not every kitten survives and you have fought hard. Keep strong.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lina, I have been following the thread closely and I just wanted to encourage you to be strong. You have a very big heart. I think you are becoming discouraged and I don't want that to happen. Your kids and cats need you to be strong. I for one didn't think Willow would have made it this far. I think your strength and will power and determination are what has brought her this far.

You are going to the vet tonight so don't make any firm decisions until you talk to the vet. You have fought for Willow and everyone here on this board knows that.

Don't give up now the fight is just beginning. I'm keeping you and Willow in my thoughts tonight.

As for the poo, that's great news.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking probably yes on agreeing with you (momof3rugratz)

Sometimes when we say things that are agressive or agressive sounding and we are stressed it can initiate an agressive response...and I don't think that's something that any of us want.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lina, you listen to me ok!! You and I are friends, aren't we??? So, believe me when I say, your doing the best you can, and that's all any of us can do for our babies...........let people have thier opinions......don't let anyone tell you you haven't been doing your best..........because my motto is, don't judge me unless you walk a mile in my shoes............your a terrific mommy and a terrific fur mommy...........and I shoot straight from the hip! We're all behind you here........believe that! Can't wait to hear what the vet says. Hopefully it's good news!

As for the poop! YIPEEE!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButterflyDreame

I'm thinking probably yes on agreeing with you (momof3rugratz)

Sometimes when we say things that are agressive or agressive sounding and we are stressed it can initiate an agressive response...and I don't think that's something that any of us want.
Yep it is causeing Lina stress and it is taking from what the thread is about...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys... Im just one of those people who take things really hard. Im just worried about her. I know her visit is tonight, and i just cant wait. you know 5 more hours untill she sees a doctor and hopefully i will know what to do to make her better...

The thing is, one person said it, and i feel like more people are thinking it. why isnt this mean person taking that poor kitten to the vet now.. thats who i think.. and im sorry.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lina, please don't worry about what one person thinks. You and Willow have nothing but love and support from everyone here. You're doing the best you can for that little one, above and beyond what most people would do. So hang in there and be strong for Willow. We're here for both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.