I think i killed Willow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lina Willow has been doing well, and this kind of thing is hard to read. All you can do is take it one day at a time. She has made a ton of progress. I would be doing the same as you. We are thinking how awesome you are, Im serious!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Lina, please don't worry about what one person thinks. You and Willow have nothing but love and support from everyone here. You're doing the best you can for that little one, above and beyond what most people would do. So hang in there and be strong for Willow. We're here for both of you!
I have been with you since you first posted about this, and agree with every word Eileen said.
Love Anne

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lina---- I don't post much but I am sure to read every day. With what you have said on how willow has been responding I wouldn't have even taken her to the vets even if I had the money!!!!!!!!! She seemed to be doing sooooooooo well! If it wasn't for the fact that someone that is more experienced pointed something out how could you have known? Sometimes the money just isn't there! I for one understand that VERY much so! You are doing a GREAT job with Willow and I don't think any else thinks otherwise! Can't wait to hear what the vet has to say tonight! I will have to wait up to see!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy and Kumbulu have always had my upmost respect when it comes to the care and wellbeing of kittens........they are true pros from all the experience they have had. We are blessed to have their input and can all learn tons from them. As for you Lina, you have done the best job you can and we all applaud you............

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between here and OD I've been keeping good track of what's been going on with Willow, and I'm hoping that it is all okay and I've been praying dear. You know that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Shes still acting like shes hurting today, so im just letting her be. I figure that its best not to make her get out and move too much if she dosent want too. so shes in her box in the closet. Shes not interested in eating really eather, so im just pushing a bit of food every now and then and letting her rest mostly... 3 more hours till the appointment. I think this is the most time ive spent on this site sence i found it. Im really hugging it right now...

julya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lina,
I've been following this thread and have posted several times. I've been busy the last few days and haven't had time to get online. But, I just wanted you to know how much I admire you for all that you have done for Willow. I work as a vet tech and let me tell you that not many people would put in the time and effort you have to save an animal! It's always so heartwarming to hear about people who truly care, don't give up and work so diligently to find their way around the biggest of obstacles (i.e. money). People like you are the reason I go back to work each day. It's people like you that give me the inspiration to keep working so hard towards vet school. Unfortunately, there are people in this world that will try to stop you; that will try to bring you down; that will judge you unfairly. In the end, we have to accept that we can't change every opinion and that your opinion is what matters. So please, let it roll right off your shoulders and don't give it a second thought. Lina, you truly are an angel for all that you have done and for not giving up. So many people would have said to just put her down and not give her a chance. But, you gave her what she deserved...a chance! From the bottom of my heart, thank you. The world could use a lot more people like you.
~Jules

PS I hope all goes well at the vet tonight. I will be praying for you and Willow.

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Hissy and Kumbulu have always had my upmost respect when it comes to the care and wellbeing of kittens........they are true pros from all the experience they have had. We are blessed to have their input and can all learn tons from them. As for you Lina, you have done the best job you can and we all applaud you............
Very well put
I also believe you are doing a wonderful job caring for this darling little kitty. Don't give up or get down on yourself. You have made a difference in Willow's life, don't stop now. We're all behind you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, so much, i really appreciate your post. it means alot to me. Only 2 hours till willows vet appointment. And i know shes hurting, but shes hanging in there, and i really cant wait to get her in there.

Thanks everyone.
ill post as soon as i get back here tonight, no matter how late it is, so im sure everyone will be off, or close to everyone, but you all will see when you get on tomarrow

I just hope shes allright. And im gonna keep on taking care of her, best i can, makeing sure shes eating, and outta the way of the kids, best i can

Originally Posted by Julya

Lina,
I've been following this thread and have posted several times. I've been busy the last few days and haven't had time to get online. But, I just wanted you to know how much I admire you for all that you have done for Willow. I work as a vet tech and let me tell you that not many people would put in the time and effort you have to save an animal! It's always so heartwarming to hear about people who truly care, don't give up and work so diligently to find their way around the biggest of obstacles (i.e. money). People like you are the reason I go back to work each day. It's people like you that give me the inspiration to keep working so hard towards vet school. Unfortunately, there are people in this world that will try to stop you; that will try to bring you down; that will judge you unfairly. In the end, we have to accept that we can't change every opinion and that your opinion is what matters. So please, let it roll right off your shoulders and don't give it a second thought. Lina, you truly are an angel for all that you have done and for not giving up. So many people would have said to just put her down and not give her a chance. But, you gave her what she deserved...a chance! From the bottom of my heart, thank you. The world could use a lot more people like you.
~Jules

PS I hope all goes well at the vet tonight. I will be praying for you and Willow.

jandkds

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lina, I just finished catching up on your posts. YOU are the best thing that ever happened to that little baby. At her young age, you are all she knows of love and caring. I believe that she knows that you are trying your best to help her, and that is why she likes to snuggle up to you, you comfort her. She sounds like she has come so far with your help. YOu did the best you could at the very beginning, and now you are taking her to the vet again. YOU are a good person, and you LOVE that little baby with all your heart.
Your son can learn to be gentle with the kitties too, just let him know every time he goes to grab one that he needs to be nice, gentle...over and over. It works. I had 5 kids, and they all learned very quickly to be gentle with the babies. Good luck, and best wishes to little Willow, she is so sweet.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Firstly, jandkds, your cats are adorable (is that a Scottish Fold??)

Secondly, Like I said in the private note to you earlier Lina, the love that's touched sweet Willow's heart from yours is never going to be forgotten by her, nor whatever higher power you believe in (my P.C. quip for the night).

You have gone above and beyond for that dear little baby and you do truly deserve to be applauded. I have a true compassion for animals....I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was younger, but 7 years in the military and a screwed up life kinda changed my world a bit.

But that never changed my compassion for animals and the soft spot in my heart for said animals and especially cats.

Willow continues to be in my thoughts and prayers for whatever happens with her....and if it is indeed true that there is nothing that can be done to save her, then she will forever remain with you in spirit.

I've always felt that those animals that we have touched with our love, continue to watch over us even after they pass away. As will she.

Blessings to you my dear. And Blessings to Willow too.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck tonight with the vet visit! I'm crossing my fingers for a good diagnosis. I'll be waiting up to find out what the vet has to say! Remember when you're at the vets office that all of TCS is there with you!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's always difficult to be the bearer of bad news, and this is a heavy load tonight.

The veterinarian called Mary Anne (Hissy) this evening to inform her that Willow had passed before she could be seen.

Rest in Peace little angel
Know that there is a lot of love from around the world lifting you to the Bridge...

With deep sympathy for Lina and her family, and respect for little Willow, this thread is now closed.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...84#post1196884

Status
Not open for further replies.