I think Gracie's in labor! Please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone. We speculate the move throwing her into this. We're not sure. BUT they just took Gracie back. We are home now. We live down the street practically. I also tore the head off of the receptionist/tech whatevet she thinks she is. Told her the wait was ridiculous as this is an emergency (look over and the vet who I will say is extremely nice was sitting down chatting with a customer) she said she was waiting on our payment and I said that is ridiculous we have been waiting on YOU! She started to say something and I said I don't appreciate your attitude and your poor customer service. Needless to say they got their asses in gear and took my baby back.

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she doesn't make it through the surgery or something crazy happens I will be sure to post on social media.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please let us know how Gracie is, and if any kittens survived (highly doubtful at this point), as soon as you know. The vet has done you no favors.

Last edited:

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh absolutely... Just waiting for the call that she's come out of her anesthesia. I'm very very disappointed in how everything has turned out. Now I am just wondering what the reasoning behind this is.

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! I cannot believe how hard I've fell in love with her in just one week... Just heartbreaking...

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry this is happening.  We lost a foster kitten after having him for 5 days.  Both my husband and daughter have said 'no more kittens'. I'm giving them a couple more weeks to adjust.

We've seen cats on this site who have lost all their kittens and the moms get depressed.  Foster kittens (orphaned) were found who needed a mom.  Your vet or a local rescue or shelter may be aware of kittens in need.

Part of me wonders if your friend knew this was coming.  Did they say why she wasn't able to deliver the kittens?

Last edited:

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You're not the first to say they think she knew this was going to happen.....
After the ultrasound and not finding any heartbeats they assumed the kittens were not viable. C section was the best hope. Hope for the kittens and hope for Gracie.
Sadly, Gracie did have two kittens, they did not make it. One had a deformed leg, and the other did not "look right" Gracie on the other hand is fine! We had her spayed also.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ph. no  I'm so sorry. Poor thing. Many hugs to you, your mom, and of course, Gacie.     

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also... Since Gracie had miscarried the kittens her body would not provide strong enough oxytocin to allow her to expell the babies. I did ask the vet during be ultrasound if she were to have stillborns if should would mourn them and she said that yes indeed they can and some even treat a stuffed animal as their baby. I just hope she is not depressed.

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. So much. I can't wait to get her back tomorrow just cannot wait. I have never been through a loss like this. Never lost a baby. I can only imagine the immense sadness one feels.

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. She is doing wonderful. I am so worried about her... First the move... Then lost babies... Then surgery. I hate that she is staying at the vet all night.....

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's probably on pain meds and a little out of it. As much as I can't stand this vet, it's best that she'll be in a place where she can receive extra care if needed.

I'm glad she's going to be okay. Did they say how far along the kittens were? Maybe she won't be too sad. I know she'll get plenty of love when she gets home.