I think Gracie's in labor! Please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lots and lots of tears. Please pray everyone and if you don't pray please send good energy to Gracie.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
ohhhh... I am so sorry....

Reading you posts last night, made me think of that also...poor thing had too much bleeding....

((hugs)) to you and your baby...

Please give her a big hug and pets from me....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you take her to the vet who was not at all concerned with her bleeding last night, or did you go to someone else? And was she bleeding again today?

Last edited:

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much... Yes... We're here... They said the blood does not worry them unless it's dark red.

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But I will say if I am ever in this situation again I will take action soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let's hope this never happens again, but for our readers, bright red blood in a pregnant cat is always cause for alarm. Some of the babies may have been viable if she'd been seen sooner. I'm still shocked at both vets who told you otherwise. And very, very sorry. And I do hope your cat will be okay! [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They don't worry because it's not their beloved pet and it is almost always bad news. We were worried because we've seen these situations and the bright red blood always means trouble. I'm so sorry for you. Sending prayers to Gracie and big warm hugs to you. [emoji]10084[/emoji]

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. C section in about 40 minutes.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I think one other note for the future is that you should not tell a vet it's only a few tsps of blood. That seemed to minimize their concern, and it was difficult to tell how much it was because she was licking herself. In the future, the note should be that there is continuous bright blood.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the real take away is that if you're concerned that something is wrong, go in. And especially with something like bleeding. Demand to be seen if necessary. [emoji]128547[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right??? That's what I said! I said is there a reason why you're not going ahead and putting her through surgery? And she said that wants to get her other appointments done. Part of me wants to leave and take her somewhere else that will get her now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
But I will say if I am ever in this situation again I will take action soon
And with a different Vet, I hope....

Honestly, I really feel that you need to find a different Vet. I do not have good feelings about this one...

I will send prayers, Gracie's way...

They should not have kept her waiting this long. Infection can set in very fast. I hope they give her an antibiotic...

any bleeding in a cat should have been addressed immediately...not a wait and see attitude...(sorry,) i went off the deep end and was snarky...

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This vet sounds awful. Your poor girl's health is at stake. Unless she's already in emergency surgery I don't see why they're waiting. How frustrating! [emoji]128544[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If there was maybe one kitten heartbeat, which they told you there might be, they should have re-scheduled their other appointments for your cat! And they told you she could die! They are not taking this as an emergency at all. I would go somewhere else!

Last edited:

redbowlingball

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a shame. I hope they can save just one kitten for her to love on. Poor Gracie. I would be ripping into the people who brushed you off yesterday!

raggamuffinmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lots of emotions going on. Will update you all as I can. Let's hope Gracie makes it through surgery. We are also having her fixed.