I got a gift from my SS!! - 2009 SS Gift Thread

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

To me the hand woven yarn is a clue. I seem to remember someone here getting a loom a while back. Not sure what a loom is for really, but it has something to do with wool.
The yarn is not a clue to her replacement SS.

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

For the record, I have my gift! Well....actually, the post office has my gift.....I have a card in my possession to take and retrieve it........
Excellent!
Glad it finally arrived.

Originally Posted by nurseangel

Wow! What great gifts! Your replacement Santa (or is it Santas
) are awesome!
It is Santa, singular.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So are all the santas/santees accounted for?

I just wanted to say santas to annoy Karen...

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jill is about as patient as I am, lol!!!
Lets see....in my package....

Handmade cat potholders and oven mitt

Two huge Hershey bars, one with and one without almonds (half the almond one disappeared this afternoon
), a chocolate santa and a candy cane full of Hershey's kisses

For the kitties, two flavors of kitty treats and a cat wand...haven't been home much since yesterday, have not had a chance to try it out.......but I have my suspicions that they'll love it!

Six kitty kickaroos in my favorite colors.....I must find out whats IN these things, I don't smell catnip, but my kits went nuts over them!

This is Sam, our resident mouser at the bakery....he does NOT play with toys....seems to prefer live ones....mice, rats, birds...etc......but in less than five minutes?

I have some more of my kits playing with these and of the last gift, a beautiful fleece throw w/handstitched hem stitching that I am in love with, but I cannot for the life of me get photobucket to upload them this afternoon
, will post them as soon as I can get them .

Thanks to my secret santa, zorana_dragonky, who bless her heart had a bit of difficulty getting these out to me.....but thats all well and good.....this package came to me at a time when I needed a pick me up, and have been craving chocolate like crazy, lol!

I FINALLY got a pic of the throw to upload, yay!!!! I think it's just beautiful.....nice, fleecy and warm too.....Sam seems to like it also, lol!!!
Just wanted to leave a quick note to say that I am very, very happy that you enjoyed your gifts! I really enjoyed making them. That blanket got snuggled by the cats of several friends and family members (as well as my own cats) while I worked on it! It is catnip inside of the kitty toys, although I'm not sure why it doesn't smell like catnip anymore. It's catnip and polyfill.
So glad I could cheer you up, and so sorry it took so long to get to you. Happy 2010 to you and DH and your kitty family.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

So are all the santas/santees accounted for?

I just wanted to say santas to annoy Karen...
It worked.
I just can't seem to embrace that term.

We have one person still waiting for a gift.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Even the way they are made is so right for you. So cool.
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Yesterday I got the coolest candles from my replacement SS!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are almost too beautiful to light. I totally love the way that they were colored with a torch - that really is right up my alley.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

They are almost too beautiful to light. I totally love the way that they were colored with a torch - that really is right up my alley.
They're perfect for you! I wouldn't want to light them either, just keep them as decoration.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's here!
It's here!

My SS mailed a package on December 11, but unfortunately it's still stuck somewhere in Postal LaLa Land. So the TCS Elves stepped in and I got a Christmas/Valentine package today. I had an extremely busy weekend and was sleeping in this morning. The package was delivered before I was even out of bed.

Goldy was the first to check out the box, but by the time I got my camera out she had disappeared. So we have Miss Patchwillow looking things over first. The green on top is a beautiful blouse. Love the color and style, and yes it's a perfect fit.

Shareena gets to inspect the second layer

More kitty inspectors. You can't see everything but there is a cat bed--just the right size for the show cages and almost exactly the same color as my show curtains.
Two feather toys, catnip treats, and CHOCOLATE!

Merlin goes for the feathers even before they're unwrapped. You can also see the sparkly design on the blouse behind him.

He stretched higher than I expected so his head is out of the picture, but you can see his gorgeous belly.

Even Cali is playing with the feathers, and she almost never plays with toys

The best part of the whole deal---THE BOX

especially since the Old Box is about done for

Cali in the box

Goldy came back to finish up the inspection

The furkids haven't been allowed to open their treats yet, but meowmy got into hers. Chocolate for breakfast!

Thank you SS Elf

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome gifts!
That was great work by your elf!

An extra thanks to the TCS elves who helped so much again this year! THANK YOU!!!!