Hurricane Irma Is Heading Our Way!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I don't think I've ever seen a baby squirrel. Were you afraid to carry them? I hope your power comes on soon, and if it does, please take a photo of the squirrel babies.

I'm happy to hear people are okay. Here's hoping the good reports continue.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I don't think I've ever seen a baby squirrel. Were you afraid to carry them? I hope your power comes on soon, and if it does, please take a photo of the squirrel babies.

I'm happy to hear people are okay. Here's hoping the good reports continue.
I've been feeding squirrels for 25 years and I have never seen a baby one either. I heard that they stay in their nest until they are grown.

Muffy

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
News here report that there has been lot of robberies and fights over few remaining supplies at Saint Martin. News story is based on article of NY Times it says. There was person named Jacques Charbonnier who was interviewed and he said that there is no food left.

Not sure how complete picture that is of situation, but it does sound quite bad that people are fighting over food.

I haven't checked NY Times article, sometimes our news tell other story than original news.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard somewhere on the TV that the US Navy was sending a ship with food and supplies to the Florida keys.
I know that my son's best friend (AF) is on a carrier to help with Irma, and has been off the coast of Florida since before the storm hit. Don't know any more than that though. Must be secret or something. Also don't know why he was pulled from AF in Iran to go to a Navy ship in Florida, but that's where he's at.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They have activated the National Guard Unit that is based here in Columbus. They talked to one guy and he said he wasn't sure where they were going only that it had to do with hurricane hit areas. I think chances are it could be the Caribbean Islands but I don't know. It really sounds like things in Florida are covered.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was covered quite a bit on the NBC news. A number of ships are going to help with recovery efforts. The cruise ships came back and are evacuating people from the Carribean islands. The ships were held back until the storm passed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Before I lost power I heard that the French sent military transport planes to St. Martin with supplies.

My power company is Duke Energy. They are saying that 90% of St. Petersburg is without power. They are also saying that it could be a week or more before we have power restored. :eek2:

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
How are the baby squirrels? What are you feeding them?

luckyblackcat

Devoted Cat Momma
Young Cat
Purraise
You've got them. Stay safe & keep us updated.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Thanks. Things are over with over here, and the effects of the storm weren't as severe as I was expecting. It was scary listening to the storm going on, but the worst we suffered was some power outage and the internet going down - both of which are already back up, so that's something else to be thankful for. We were expecting much worse, but everyone's okay which is the important thing.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We made it through virtually unscathed. Just some minor roof damage and the satellite dish for the internet is now a crumpled ball hanging from wires off the side of the house. Words can not express how grateful and lucky I feel. I was expecting sooo much worse and every time I look at our furbabies I'm aware of how blessed we are. My heart goes out to all who felt the full force of this storm.

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations getting your power back! That was a long time.

Aaaaaahhhhhh! Squirrel babies!!!! How adorable. Do they have fluffy tails yet? I guess you're all set up with your kitten supplies. Those claws look serious, are you afraid of being scratched? Do you think they're young enough that they'll be tame? Will you release them, or bring them to a wildlife center?