Hurricane Irma Is Heading Our Way!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's on the way - hope it lessens in strength but right now we are in the cone (SW Florida). Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. All the years we've been in Florida we've been lucky and escaped any serious damage. Our house is pretty much inland, but you never can tell. Putting our shutters up on Friday.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck. I just went through Harvey pretty much unscathed. Don't watch too much of the coverage on TV, it will just stress you out.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in the north central part of Florida and I have to admit that this one is making me nervous. Living in a heavily wooded area makes those strong winds extra scary. We just want the cats to be safe. Good luck and well wishes to everyone and their babies in the path of Irma.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she stays on the path she's on, she'll be going right through our area sometime on Sunday. The only thing we can hope for is that she will continue to move east back out to sea. :crossfingers: We have been through this before. We had Frances (cat 3) and Jeanne (cat 4) come through back to back in 2004. Irma is supposed to downgrade to a 4 before she gets here. We're not staying. We're heading for the west coast unless something great happens and she decides to go back out to sea. I'm concerned but not panicked. It doesn't do any good. :sigh:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son's best friend is on an AF carrier outside of Florida. He just left Iran. He said that he didn't fear ISIS as much as he does this storm.

Please stay safe

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Norachan Norachan :hugs: Here is the 5 day tracker as of 5:00 this morning. She's supposed to be a 3 when she gets here now. Hopefully that will drop again. I am not looking forward to staying in a hotel with the furkids. The cats will have to stay in their enclosed playpen again. They were not thrilled about that last time. :sigh:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We left home once before one of the hurricanes. Our cats and my Dad went with us inland. The cats behaved far better than children would have. We had a cat carrier big enough for both of them. They rode on the back seat with my Dad.
During the night, one sat on the TV and one was behind the curtain look out at the parking lot. It was a miracle we got back home before the floods came. Some of our friends got turned around and sent back upstate where they had spent the night waiting. I heard a man say at church last night that he and his wife and the friends who travelled along with them were eight days before they got back here. I don't want to leave home again. We are paying very close attention though to what is happening. I don't think anybody on the southern coast of this country can relax yet.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fingers crossed, she changes direction and fizzles out.