Help with cat in labor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lms192327

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is crying and came up to me and then started pushing!!!!! She won't let me catch her to get her to a vet, do you think something is wrong or could it be after pains. she wouldn't push unless she was trying to get something out would she? I'm trying to coax her out but I can see her pushing. She is purring but Still there couldn't be another?!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, my goodness! Hopefully just after pains. If she DOES let you near, try to crate her. I would be shocked, but maybe there is a kitten or a placenta! I'm standing by!

lms192327

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I counted all the placentas so it can't be that, I'm hoping it's after pains she's pushing more and more though

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
After pains do not usually involve pushing, so something is up! After pains are usually just contractions. How many kittens did she deliver? 5? Could be one more ...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I counted all the placentas so it can't be that, I'm hoping it's after pains she's pushing more and more though
Right, contractions may be common, active pushing not, so unless you think rather common contractions is pushing...

Her purring is no proof everything is OK, rather the opposite - they purr when in distress or pains.

Still, your plan is the same.  Try to collect ther, and into the cage.   The cage in itself is no bad nest, so IF she has a kitten, her nest will be in the cage.

Good luck!

lms192327

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The fluid has little blood in it this time she still seems calm though but I can only imagine this one is also dead because it's taking her a while to push it out. This is devasting she won't let me get near her near

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This has got to be it. It will surely be dead. I hope she is not hemorrhaging inside.

lms192327

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is trying to move away from me when I get close .... I think need to get help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is extremely devastating. I feel so badly for her. She has been through way too much.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call your neighbor! Or can your husband help to catch her?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is too much pushing without a result. I hope she will be okay. Update when you can!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Feeling anxious over this situation. I hope mama kitty survives this. :(

lms192327

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to have my husband help the kitten was deformed eventually after I got her back on the blankets she let me rub her belly to help move it down. The bleeding was from the kitten I think I don't see anymore blood

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had to have my husband help the kitten was deformed eventually after I got her back on the blankets she let me rub her belly to help move it down. The bleeding was from the kitten I think I don't see anymore blood
So it ended well - puh!   Tx for yours and your husbands resolute and good help.   Tx!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad he could help. Glad it's over and mama kitty is okay. Bless her heart! Poor thing! That has got to be it.

Does mama kitty seem ok? She's not hemorrhaging, is she? Are you crating her now, or just catch her tomorrow?

Whew! That was nerve-wracking!