help w/ vry preg kitty! MINE AND MY CATS FIRST LITTER!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same here. I didnt want this on the first plave but i didnt expect such sadness witg it and she will be fixed asap

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
98.9. If you have a human thermometer adda degree to what you get

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ya she was 97.9 under her back leg and i added the degree. 100-102 is normal.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Once a day if that. Its very stressful for them at times and witg that stress she could push off labor...just try and relax! I promise itll come!

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my grey kitty may be losing weight. Idk if im weighing her right but she eats well latches on and roxy is producing milk. The gry one is always eating. So i dont get it? Shes strong and eats vigorously! So its a mystery to me really!!?? Whenever i check on her shes doing well and eating, always! Im hoping im not going to go through what i just dealt with! It was horrifying to lose a kitten. But i do have to say i could've been touching her on the scale and shes a squirmy one too! Can someone just ease my mind?? Shoukd i feed her tomorrow if her weight doesnt improve or just watch it. Im constantly making sure shes eating, making sure they all are! HELP!!!

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Id keep an eye on her but if shes cryin n movin around i wouldnt worry yet..

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes got one.heck of a scream. Shes the loudest in the bunch,but shes not fussy she just gets mad when i touch her or when mama cleans her...she latches on great and finds the.nipple with ease so im hoping im just making a mistake...i cant imagine how she.coukd not be.gaining if she eats so well and has.such a set of lungs!!! I just needed someone to ease my mind! I cant see another one of my kittens diminish to nothing. I just cant...hopefully i just cant read or operate a scale properly hahah :)

Last edited by a moderator:

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So my grey kitty may be losing weight. Idk if im weighing her right but she eats well latches on and roxy is producing milk. The gry one is always eating. So i dont get it? Shes strong and eats vigorously! So its a mystery to me really!!?? Whenever i check on her shes doing well and eating, always! Im hoping im not going to go through what i just dealt with! It was horrifying to lose a kitten. But i do have to say i could've been touching her on the scale and shes a squirmy one too! Can someone just ease my mind?? Shoukd i feed her tomorrow if her weight doesnt improve or just watch it. Im constantly making sure shes eating, making sure they all are! HELP!!!
The concern here is that there may be something bacterial/viral/fungal happening with your litter. If it's clear that she is eating but she is losing weight you need to get all of them (Mom included) to the vet and have it checked out. You don't want to just supplement with the bottle since it's clear that she is not having any problems eating on her own. So, either Mom isn't producing enough milk (in which case you are going to see losses across the board) or there is something else at work here. 

I would err on the side of caution and take a group trip to the vet. If it is some sort of illness time is of the essence. You can wait and re-weigh her tomorrow but if she's still in the negative I wouldn't wait on getting them all in. 

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank god my work loaned me $200. Though I'm new to this vet...they gave me the lowest price possible. Only $80!! I'm so lucky really, she saw all 4 including mama and said they were not alarmed. Also, no respiratory things with mom or babies...when I weighed the grey kitty today she gained...not a ton but it sure as he ck ain't a loss!!! Thank you for being my supportive group everyone. My vet was ppleasantly surprised how knowledgeable i was! And its cuz of all of you on here!!! I'm so relieved we're ok for the time being, nit outta the woods but I think we'll be okay! Thanks again!

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And for tge 80 the kits amd mom were thoroughly looked at and i was given dewormer for later on...it was a great feeling to have them want to help me and the feline society also offered to pay the bills in full if i allowed them to have the kittens and mom for the next months, then theyd have adopted them out fixed roxy for free and given her back! So i even had a back up plan if the vet had given me bad news and a hefty bill i couldn't handle. Im on cloud nine. These kittys have an angel i swear

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 and the feline society also offered to pay the bills in full if i allowed them to have the kittens and mom for the next months, then theyd have adopted them out fixed roxy for free and given her back! So i even had a back up plan if the vet had given me bad news and a hefty bill i couldn't handle. 
That is amazing to know you have that as a back up plan! Great job handling this situation- just keep doing what you're doing. 

It does sound like they have an angel looking out for them, and also one heck of a caretaker Momma willing to do whatever it takes! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your doing a great job here and wanted to drop in and say so. :hugs: :clap: :nod: Super news about the Feline Society too. It is such a relief when you know you have people out there to support you through this process. :clap: Mega :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for the good health reports to continue. :cross: Those kitties do have an angel or two, :angel:, and I think you are one of them. ;)

Last edited:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Totally. Check your back for wings...

And hey, if you can get the feline society's help with placing the kittens, that would be a load off, wouldn't it? See if you can talk to them about it--essentially, foster the kittens for them, and get in on their adoption days or photo database or whatever they have to get people to fall in love with the kittens they try to place.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys...the grey one is fierce but hes still not gaining like the others but hey, hes gaining. Im giving her pedialyte and mom got her first dose of worms meds (safe for nursing kits) so hopefully thats the prob and itll clear up in no time...

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing better then seeing kittens latch on with ease! Followed by little ears twitching and there tongues wrapped around a good meal of nutritious momma milk!!! Best sight ever!