help w/ vry preg kitty! MINE AND MY CATS FIRST LITTER!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my thread is missing i cant find it anywhere! But im so so sooo happy to report that the grey kit i was worried about has gained 6g today...thats the most so far and a great sign. I think it has to.do with the pedialyte and the worms meds i fed to roxy yesterday! Ill post new pics soon. If anyone can find my thread please put this there and.hopefully ill find it again hahah it really disappeared! Thanks again guys for all the support

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ps best trick ive learned is the pedialyte! My kit is gaining so much better when i thought her future was questionable. Cant wait till there eyes.open...

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another update! My little grey monster has gained just about 10gs since the same time yesterday. Her two other siblings are close to 170gs haha its funny how shes sp much smaller yet she could fight off a mountain lion to get to a nipple. So feisty! And loud!!! So grateful for my guardian angel and all my happy babies

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My grey ome is sooo good now. Gained almost 20g today! Woah...and her eyes are almost fully open, only 8days.after birth! The others are slowly opening too! Hooray! What should i expect from here...they are still in the laundry basket but when do they start exploring more. I dont want them to topple out of the laundry basket and wander off. There pretty deep in the basket so idk if theyd even be able to get out but still what should i expect? And in what amount of time

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they start exploring a lil about two weeks but i dont think theyll escape for a while..lol so glad tha lil one is better ur doin great.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not the best pics but there eyes are JUST opening so i didnt wanna blind them with the flash!

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The two calicos are little girls and the tabby grey one is male! Ugh i love them. Tge tabby i was worried for is steadily gaining close to 20g/day. So proud.

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
theyr growin fast n so pretty..your doin a great job.. hows roxy doin??

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She loves tgem so much and shes very attentive. I was scared due to the fact that i had to assist in the whole delivery but shes taaken to them beautifully. Cant wait till i can play with them more and she can have a longer break between feeding. She still wont let me take them outta the laundry basket there in...hopefully itll get so cramped that.she'll move em on her own

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Theyre 220-225g my scale is small so its hard to get it accurate bur the grey one is still smaller, not by much and for.him hes gaining. They were two weeks yesterday!

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so lovey...they played a little today. I hate when roxy is so rough, they dont cry about her licking and stuff but she'll wrap her arms around em and put her mouth on em. Almost like shes trying to pick em up. It makes me nervous. Anyone experiencing this?

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's actually a good thing. She's teaching them manners..that biting hurts. Most of my mommas were pretty gentle but I've had a couple that would be rough and make them squeal. If I am there, then I would sometimes intervene but it was more for my sake not the kittens.

They do seem a bit young for these lessons, but I think this is her first litter and she is young right?

Sometimes, it's instinct. If the kitten is wandering a way, she may think about picking it up and putting it back where she wants it to be. I had  a first time mom who neurotically moved her kittens even when they were 3 and 4 weeks old. I would hear them screaming when she carried them around. So, sometimes it's just inexperience.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay ya...theyre never squealing when she does this but it just seems like shes about to pick him up. I dont like it. Theyre two weeks and this is the first time i took them out of the laundry basket and let them explore. They even playedwith each other a little too. One started suckling my finger, cute but.not something i want them to consistently do. So crazy to seem them grow up so quick, cant wait till theyre more durable and fun to play with...