Help !!! There's something wrong with Cammie

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alix sends Cammie a virtual wash between the ears, she famous for these here...she takes comforting face washes very seriously.

She also sends her unique point of view...that her grandpa looked great and was just himself for several years after his diagnosis (she and Patrick were very close).

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Well I think she's a tired girlie probably all the stress, so I gave her the pepsid her dinner, and she peed a gallon

They had me do the fluids NO PROBLEM she didn't even move and no one had to hold her
So that will be easy as long as I can get her out from underneath the bed
I am going to let her rest and brush her later and then her can sleep with me
I swear she does not look ill. I hope that she continues to feel better and I will do everything I can for her. Right now I'm outta steam. And the Bill was not that bad, I was going to ask them if they had a Senior discount
But I didn't have to the gal said I'll give you the Senior Discount
I would have rather ask for it
but that's OK I feel pretty old this week and I know I look like I have been through the mill

It would have been a tad bit better if I would have had to ask for that discount...Assuming people
You shouldn't worry about that senior thing. Some places it's 50 years old, and, heck, my hubby's 50, LOL. So they probably just have a very young senior age!

So glad Cammie's peed a gallon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

You shouldn't worry about that senior thing. Some places it's 50 years old, and, heck, my hubby's 50, LOL. So they probably just have a very young senior age!

So glad Cammie's peed a gallon.
Oh boy young no I'll be well take that back I am a half century plus another 1/5
of a century ... ah what the hey I'll be 60 in November
I even hate looking at that
I have never ask for a discount but $76.00 is $76.00, But I still would have liked to have ask for it

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
glad you and cammie are doing well. was this a result of recalled food?

BTW..... 60 is the todays 40

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

glad you and cammie are doing well. was this a result of recalled food?

BTW..... 60 is the todays 40
No I wasn't feeding any of those...And if I felt like 40 whatever that feels like
I wouldn't complain. Come to think of it I did feel pretty good in my 40s to bad the 40s left

She's doing OK today she peed 3 times in the middle of the night a lot to, she did eat a bit of food, she poo pooed but it was very small and dry I assume from not eating to much .
We have had our hair fixed up about 6 times, she loves to be brushed and other then that she is resting, They told me to do fluids every other day but if I wanted everyday would be great so I will do that this evening for her. I am trying to figure out who to monitor water intake other then measuring what I am putting in the bowel, any other Ideas?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No I wasn't feeding any of those...And if I felt like 40 whatever that feels like
I wouldn't complain. Come to think of it I did feel pretty good in my 40s to bad the 40s left

She's doing OK today she peed 3 times in the middle of the night a lot to, she did eat a bit of food, she poo pooed but it was very small and dry I assume from not eating to much .
We have had our hair fixed up about 6 times, she loves to be brushed and other then that she is resting, They told me to do fluids every other day but if I wanted everyday would be great so I will do that this evening for her. I am trying to figure out who to monitor water intake other then measuring what I am putting in the bowel, any other Ideas?
I literally found out how much each glass or bowl in the house held ... and then added little marks at an oz ....keep an eye on the poop.. as constipation can be a issue

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I literally found out how much each glass or bowl in the house held ... and then added little marks at an oz ....keep an eye on the poop.. as constipation can be a issue
I was just going to mention constipation. Lets all hear it for the POOP Patrol! It joins the Urine Specific Gravity dance in the list of new things you'll be doing

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I was just going to mention constipation. Lets all hear it for the POOP Patrol! It joins the Urine Specific Gravity dance in the list of new things you'll be doing
Oh well thats my job
She hadn't been eating to much when I took her in so I thought maybe it was lack of fluids or food. She peep a lot though, but I noticed she is still doing that like licking her lips gads do they have lips

I'm wondering if I should give her some water with a syringe.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh well thats my job
She hadn't been eating to much when I took her in so I thought maybe it was lack of fluids or food. She peep a lot though, but I noticed she is still doing that like licking her lips gads do they have lips

I'm wondering if I should give her some water with a syringe.
The lip licking means she is still feeling some nausea. How much pepcid or other antacid do they have her on, and it is once or twice a day? You may need to go from once to twice a day (confirm this is okay with your vet first).

You can try adding plain boiled fresh chicken broth (try to be sure it is just plain chicken that hasn't been injected with any per cent of any solution or natural flavorings) or take her favorite canned food and add a bit of warm water to make a broth.

Putting out more water bowls for her can also be helpful.
though many swear also by a pet water fountain.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am giving her the Pepsid 2 x per day 2 1/2 mg each time. OK pat don't mention pet fountain to me
Someone on here posted about getting a new cat tree on E-bay one evening so I had to get on there and get 2, I already have 2
and the 2 I bought are sitting in the front room in th boxes

And Cubicles all padded inside and out with lambs wool in the bottom MY SIL got one I saw it I went and got 3, no one gets in them but Zinger

Help I am addicted to everything they make for the cats. I figured I'd have those Cat trees up in no time

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just reading this thread, and it almost brought me to tears!! I am so glad your Cammie is doing well!! I am thinking good thoughts for you and hope she continues to improve. I totally understand how horrible you feel when one of your babies doesnt feel well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i have found a bit of slipery elm powder helps with the poop patrol

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

i have found a bit of slipery elm powder helps with the poop patrol
Good suggestion...there is a recipe for making slipper elm bark syrup on the felinecrf.org site.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the slippery Elm bark online now would there be a difference because some says Inner Bark and some does not just want to make sure is there a certin MG to get? I also saw a liquid it was 2,000 Mg.. Just want to make sure
Thanks Pat & Sharky

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I saw the slippery Elm bark online now would there be a difference because some says Inner Bark and some does not just want to make sure is there a certin MG to get? I also saw a liquid it was 2,000 Mg.. Just want to make sure
Thanks Pat & Sharky
http://www.felinecrf.org/holistic_treatments.htm#SEB this discusses doseage, strength and some cautions (i.e. do not give at the same time as pepcid)

I got my plain loose slippery elm bark powder from an online vendor.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Pat I did see that about not giving things at the same time... Theres so much information isb't there? Hard to take it all in I guess I have to do that a bit at a time. She is eating but not alot so that's another thing I am looking into trying to find if it's becasue of the other issues or if it will pick up when she feels better, I was also wondering about a liquid in place of the pepcid pills.