Help !!! There's something wrong with Cammie

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she taking antibiotics? That can make her tummy feel icky. There are certain medicines that will give her a better appetite. Also, is her nose stuffed up? If so, that may be why she eats the treats that she can smell, but not the food, which isn't so "smelly". I've heard that you can use Neo-Synephrine "baby noses" drops to unstop their noses. Not like she'd be too pleased with that, though.

cmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When Dillon comes out of the vets, he sulks! When he was in a few years ago, after breaking a leg (another story!) he refused to eat for 5 days, I tried to tempt him with everything in the shop plus all the baby food. I noticed that when I wiped the baby food around his mouth, he licked it, but wouldnt eat anything else, the vet was talking about a tube down his throat when as one last resort, we bought some fish and chips from the fish shop, put him in a basket in the middle of the room, ate half of it and left it on our plates on the floor and went out of the room. We did laugh when we looked through the living room window from the garden and watched him crawl towards it and pinch it! From then on he ate. The vet said "oh he likes to be naughty", well that has always been Dillon. This last easter weekend, when Dillon came out, he refused to eat for two days, he is eating OK now.
Best Wishes
Chris

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, that reminds me - supposedly cats are unable to resist KFC chicken - minus the bones & skin. Maybe that would jump start her.

Originally Posted by cmo

When Dillon comes out of the vets, he sulks! When he was in a few years ago, after breaking a leg (another story!) he refused to eat for 5 days, I tried to tempt him with everything in the shop plus all the baby food. I noticed that when I wiped the baby food around his mouth, he licked it, but wouldnt eat anything else, the vet was talking about a tube down his throat when as one last resort, we bought some fish and chips from the fish shop, put him in a basket in the middle of the room, ate half of it and left it on our plates on the floor and went out of the room. We did laugh when we looked through the living room window from the garden and watched him crawl towards it and pinch it! From then on he ate. The vet said "oh he likes to be naughty", well that has always been Dillon. This last easter weekend, when Dillon came out, he refused to eat for two days, he is eating OK now.
Best Wishes
Chris