Help !!! There's something wrong with Cammie

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Thanks Pat I did see that about not giving things at the same time... Theres so much information isb't there? Hard to take it all in I guess I have to do that a bit at a time. She is eating but not alot so that's another thing I am looking into trying to find if it's becasue of the other issues or if it will pick up when she feels better, I was also wondering about a liquid in place of the pepcid pills.
I would post about this on the support list...tell them exactly how much she's eating per day and what you are feeding. I would consider doing either feeding her anything to get her eating right now, or handfeeding her the food you want her to eat (making little meatballs of the wet food, or making a blenderized food that can be syringe fed)

I'm off to (speaking of) assist-feed Tyler and baking my cassata, hope today goes well for both of you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well Miss Sweetie turned into a brat, My daughter & I went to give her the fluid witch I did yesterday at the vets no problem it was perfect no one held her either
She wiggled, cried, fussed every witch away so tomorrow I am having my other daughter who is a NA come, plus she is getting smart going under the bed from one side to the other
I don't want her to hate me
So will have to figure a game plan, Dad will be home on Tuesday night so I will have to train him up

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, if she's being a brat that means she feels better! That is a good sign sort of.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took her to the Vet today again as I thought she wasn't acting quit right still not eating very good and I didn't think she was feeling to grand, so she told me to bring her and let her check the Values today, and to my surprise and shock everything is in Normal limits,
The Bun went from 98 to 58 and today it was 19
The Creatin went from 10.2 to 4.2 and today it was 2.4
Red and white count are normal, blood pressure is fine, no infection showing in the blood work,she checked her eyes real good, she did loose a bit of weight from 9 lbs to 8.2 but like I said she was not eating that grand and I think some of it was stress for what she's been through plus every time she saw me I was having to give her something a pill, or antibiotic, or putting food in her face,
But Bless her Heart she has been outstanding such a good girl and so very forgiving to me for all I have had to do, 6 or 7 trips to the Vet she never gave them an ounce of trouble they just Love her to death.
So now we will see how she does and recheck the values in a month if nothing goes wrong in between... Thanks Everyone

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cammie is a miracle kitty.

Those are awesome numbers.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that is just great that she continues to get better & better

Poor sweeties been through a lot - so I'm sure she'll be eating like a 'good un' soon

Give her some special tummy rubs from us all

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were still having some eating issues, my next thought is that the Vet did say she has some bad teeth witch is more then likely related so we'll check that out to...Thanks Everyone

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Were still having some eating issues, my next thought is that the Vet did say she has some bad teeth witch is more then likely related so we'll check that out to...Thanks Everyone
Oh Lois, didn't know about the teeth...maybe that's her issue after all, with the not wanting to eat thing...Keep getting better sweet girl

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been away for a while, but glad to know Cammie is looking up! Probably her teeth are related to the problem, so good luck in getting them sorted.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats fantastic news Lois ........... I know you are so relieved I will continue to send positive prayers and vibes your way

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I noted I had Cammie to the Vet on Saturday 4/14 I took her because she is still not eating, she just licks the food a little bit, I have seen her drink but not for days, what she is doing again is going to the water bowel or in the closet where it is but not drinking, I have been measuring what I put in the bowel. I tried to give her some with a syringe she was not happy, threw a small fit. Bottom line has anyone had a cat that had blood work that was all on the the normal range that still won't eat or drink?
The only thing she ate was a few little soft treats and I think she ate them because she has never had them before. She has not eaten one bite of dry food, she has licked the wet food but you can hardly tell that.
Her throat was infected the first time I took her and that is what they treated her for, then the next time we found out about the kidney thing, I was told that was probably why her throat was sore from the acid. And she does have some bad teeth,
If it is her teeth why would she eat the treats and not drink water or eat the wet food ? I don't get that. And she did eat a few blades of Cat Grass I figured at least that was a small bit of moisture
I don't really know what the heck is wrong I just feel that things aren't a lot better here. I sure as heck am not looking to find something wrong I don't want anything else to be wrong, but she is plain and simple not acting as if she feels any better, Well except she was playing with that addicting DA BIRD
Not as whole Hearted as she was though.. I now have her looking my hands every time I go into that room she's going to not trust me in a bit. I know she has been through a lot but she still needs to eat substantially and drink or am I nuts? She will be somewhat dehydrated by today I assume again.. I am trying to figure out if it could be her teeth I can't imagine them being able to really see that well without sedation or am I wrong there to ? I am up and down all night just looking at her. I am going to call the Vet here shortly
bigtime