Help my pregnant cat

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other kittens are very beautiful. Rest in peace little one. I am sad but glad he went peacefully. I agree with Handsomekitty  I've seen little human babies that were born with organs on the outside, it is tragic. How is Momma kitty doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The mommy is super happy I think she understands the condition of the fourth kitten, she is taking care of the others

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful litter. I think the lesson to be learned from this is that if mom cat doesn't eat something on the baby's stomach, then it isn't the umbilical cord. There was another thread where the same thing happened.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Sweet picture of the babies with mother.  They are beautiful.  I grew up on a farm, and I saw this happen in piglets quite frequently.  I only remember one calf.  Sadly, they never made it, and usually the moms rejected them.  It happens more than we realize.  Mommy kitty looks so precious with those babes.  Keep us posted with updated pics of those sweeties!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually feel relief that he is gone now, poor little baby :( Just not meant for this earth for whatever reason, and despite that his body wasn't right, he still has a spirit that is free and around you.

He's surely resting in peace now.

Can you please give him a name? 

On a much lighter note, here's a little fun info on Siamese and their coloring.

They are pure white while in mom and first born due to temperature that is regulated.

After birth, their ears, paws, and tail are exposed to lower temps which causes them to darken up :) Something with their genes. Cool huh? 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished reading this thread. I am so sorry for that sweet baby. I've never seen anything like that in all my years with cats (I'm glad in many ways).

I am happy that he passed peacefully and that momma is taking care of the other three. I have had a mom push away a baby and ignore it, so usually when they do that they know something is wrong with the kitten. I don't know what would have been the right thing to do for this baby but he is happy and healthy across the Rainbow Bridge now and you have three other beautiful babies to take care of.

@catwoman707  don't beat yourself up. You are so very knowledgeable in so many areas and we all are grateful for your help in so many things. You are a blessing to many people on this board.

RIP precious kitty angel

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much I was thinking to call him Leo, I've dealt with cats since my childhood but I've never seen such a thing I'm so glad all of you cared and I know he is happy now. I think the mother is happy too she couldn't do anything but lick him, and thank you so much for this interesting piece of information catwoman707 catwoman707

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll keep you guys updated for sure

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet! Are all the other kittens well?

Is the dad fixed yet? If not, please be very careful with letting them around each other. Females can get pregnant without going into heat and within a week of delivery.

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He isn't fixed yet but I'll be taking care of that until I fix him or spay the mother, the other kittens are doing great and the whole family is having fun together

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He isn't fixed yet but I'll be taking care of that until I fix him or spay the mother, the other kittens are doing great and the whole family is having fun together
It takes up to a month for all of the sperm to be gone from his system. It might make sense to do his procedure sooner rather than later, and of course continue to separate them for the month. He'll bounce back quickly and go right back to enjoying his family.

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut thank you so much for your advice I'll be booking an appointment with the vet soon then

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww! That's a really sweet picture! [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing more heartwarming than seeing a cat with her kittens, except for seeing 2 cats caring for them.

you are going to need a bigger nest, the kittens will grow quickly.