Help my pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, I have another's problem I think. The mother was sitting beside me then when she moved I found some drops of blood, when I checked her I saw the blood is coming from her vagina. What is that and what should I do? Should I worry? It's not a lot of blood but there is blood

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would worry because it's been over a week. Some bleeding is normal right after delivery, but not necessarily now. Can you contact your vet?

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No it's not over a week today is the third day only also it was a spotting and now nothing what do you think I should do ? talkingpeanut talkingpeanut

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my mistake. I went back to the first post and didn't realize it wasn't about the birth.

I think some minor sporting after three days is probably normal. Has it stopped? How much blood was it?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spotting is normal for about a week after delivery. It should become less and less and finally stop.

Last edited:

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It wasn't a huge amount just a few spots and she is energetic, taking good care of the kittens and also she is eating well

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello the little kittens are amazing and the dad too but they are getting old and they keep on peeing and pooping everywhere, but they are super cute. The three of them are females also.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are sooo cute!  

It is time to start litter box training them.  Have you put out little litter boxes for them?  You want to keep them in a contained, kitten-proof room and put several options for litter boxes in that room.  Use non-clumping litter only.  You can put them in the boxes before and after meals and show them how to dig with their paws.  They'll get the idea!  If there is a specific place they've been peeing and pooping be sure to put a liter box on that spot.

Does dad play with them now that he is neutered?  How is mom?  She can be scheduled for her spay when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

Do you plan to keep the kittens?

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm keeping the kittens I guess, daddy is so protective and loving he takes good care of them I did nothing about the mom spaying yet. The kids are so stubborn I've training them to use the litter box with no results at all I don't know what to do, it's horrible having the 3 of them peeing and pooping everywhere specially on my bed.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's too early for mom to be spayed, though she should be spayed as soon as possible once the kittens are 8 weeks old.  Heat cycles aren't healthy for mom.

You need to wash everything that the kittens are peeing on with an enzyme cleaner so it doesn't smell like a litter box to them.  Then you need to put them in a litter box bootcamp!  This means confining them to a small room (maybe a bathroom?) with litter boxes for a day or two.  They will get the idea quickly once their other options are removed.  You need to take charge of this situation.

How many litter boxes do you have for them?  They need to always have one in sight at this age - they are too small to remember to look for one when they have to go.  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes! I agree 100% with everything Talking Peanut said about litter training. Please follow her advice about putting them in a bathroom for a couple of days, and they will be litter trained this week. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you again so much guys I really appreciate all your efforts with the little ones I'll be trying this from today let's hope it works. And I'll be waiting for a couple of weeks and take the mom to the vet to see what should be done.

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys I need your help please, I tried everything witht he kittens but nothing they hate the litter box and the toilet they aren't getting the idea of peeing & pooping in it. Also the strangest thing is that the mother isn't trying to teach them, today the father tried to show them how to use it but the didn't pay any attention to him. This is so bad I can't deal with it three kittens peeing and pooping on my bed specially and under the coach.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you closed them in the bathroom for a day with their food, water, and litter in there?

Have you been putting them in the litter box after meals and several other times a day?

Are you putting their poops in the pan when you clean up?

Is their litter pan kitten sized?

Have you tried cat attract litter?

You'll need to completely wash your bed to get rid of the odors.

Last edited:

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I washed it well today same as under the coach, I couldn't lock them the whole day because the mom and dad keeps meowing and the house becomes a cat opera but I've done all the other things. But I know nothing about the cat attract litter thing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's litter that attracts cats to use it. It's at pet stores.

If you put your kittens in the pan, do they use it?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They really do need to be shut in with the litter box for a day or two to get the idea. Everyone will calm down eventually. It gets harder the older they are, so you do need to act now.

Last edited: