Help my pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 when I put then in it they don't use it too.
@Handsome Kitty I'll check it but I don't think I'll be able to find it in my country
talkingpeanut talkingpeanut I'm doing my best but I haven't been through such a thing before why isn't the mother even teaching them !

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are small and their memories are not good. That's why they need to be closed in a small room with the box so they learn. If there are other options they are not going to make the connection.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What country are you in?

Kittens generally train very quickly. The mom does not "teach" them. They just watch her and copy her.

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in Egypt, what can I do instead of the cat attract litter thing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to do all of the things we've already suggested.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
try sand instead of litter. You can lock the dad in the bathroom with the kittens-maybe he will "use the box" infront of the kids and the kids get the idea-then smell dads poo/pee and figure it out?

Definitely keep food/water and use a short low side litter box-like those cardboard boxes for soda cans at the grocery store? Put some cardboard under the tray to help catch any catlitter that gets sprayed around from them playing in it.

youtube videos!!! Watch some videos about "how to litterbox train young kittens" to see if there is anything that looks like you might be able to try.

When I am stumped I ALWAYS defer to youtube!

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat thank you so much the dad did that already but nothing I'll watch some videos on YouTube and get some sand instead of the litter wish me luck.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried putting him in the bathroom with the kittens for a while? Does the litter box have low edges?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand. How long have you left them in the bathroom for? What are you cleaning with when they have accidents? How many litter boxes do you have?

rawanelshiwy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 3 litterboxes, I've left them inside for 3 or 4 hours, I clean with a mixture(lemon-detol-vinegar) and any other thing with a strong smell(body splash or perfume). Is that normal ? talkingpeanut talkingpeanut

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are telling you to leave them in the bathroom for 1-2 days. They need to be in there long enough to poop and pee a few times.

And, as mentioned, you need to clean with an enzyme cleaner so it smells like nothing. Otherwise they will want to pee or poop there again to make it smell like their scent.