Has anyone built a catio?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm likely moving in a few months and will have a back garden if I do. It's fairly small - maybe 3x3 meters, and I'm thinking of fully enclosing the whole thing into a "catio" so my guys can go in and out at their leisure with a cat door without being loose on the street. Has anyone built one, and if so do you have recommendations particularly for materials? I see this "cat net" for sale on pet supply websites which just seems to be a strong chew-proof nylon netting. I was going to enclose my back balcony with it even if I didn't move before the summer because I'm afraid my slightly too adventurous younger guy might absent-mindedly jump for a bird or something. (My older boy is more placid.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm likely moving in a few months and will have a back garden if I do. It's fairly small - maybe 3x3 meters, and I'm thinking of fully enclosing the whole thing into a "catio" so my guys can go in and out at their leisure with a cat door without being loose on the street. Has anyone built one, and if so do you have recommendations particularly for materials? I see this "cat net" for sale on pet supply websites which just seems to be a strong chew-proof nylon netting. I was going to enclose my back balcony with it even if I didn't move before the summer because I'm afraid my slightly too adventurous younger guy might absent-mindedly jump for a bird or something. (My older boy is more placid.
The Petscreen is very, very strong! We used it on part of our enclosure (photo here) and are very glad we did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to see in the examples a number of enclosures with open tops/no roof, as that's what I would most prefer. I do want the garden to still be human and plant friendly, although I was willing to do a net or mesh roof if necessary.