Guess what I'm reading?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Well, I guess I do not have to guess what you are reading!

I see that Laureen's post is still unanswered and since I cannot answer it, guess what I am reading?

As all my books of late, it is 19th century lit. Certainly a classic, the author is female and when thinking of her, the name society comes to mind.
When I think Society, I think Dorothy Parker, but I think she is 20th Century.

How about Jane Eyre? Certainly one of my favorites!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

When I think Society, I think Dorothy Parker, but I think she is 20th Century.

How about Jane Eyre? Certainly one of my favorites!
You would have been right two months ago as that was the book I read then. My use of the word society comes from the use of this word in a recent movie about this author.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

My next guess and probably the better speculation:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
That was the first book I read by Jane. There are only five more I believe. OK, here is a secret word for you: matchmaker

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

That was the first book I read by Jane. There are only five more I believe. OK, here is a secret word for you: matchmaker
ok, i'm going again... this time w/Emma, also by Jane Austen...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Laureen gets to go again, but we just can't seem to figure out what you're reading!
well, i'm reading something new now, anyway!
let's see, how to describe it - a novel about an FBI agent attempting to protect a woman from a really bad guy... combo romance/adventure, i guess - written by a woman.
btw, previous book was With This Ring, I'm Confused, by Kristin Billerbeck

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i'm reading something new now, anyway!
let's see, how to describe it - a novel about an FBI agent attempting to protect a woman from a really bad guy... combo romance/adventure, i guess - written by a woman.
btw, previous book was With This Ring, I'm Confused, by Kristin Billerbeck
Is it by Cathrine Coulter? I can't remember the name of the book. She has several with the same FBI agent in them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Is it by Cathrine Coulter? I can't remember the name of the book. She has several with the same FBI agent in them.
no... altho this author has written a previous book w/some of the same characters.

hint: she's most well known for her series w/Navy SEALs as characters.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

no... altho this author has written a previous book w/some of the same characters.

hint: she's most well known for her series w/Navy SEALs as characters.
Oh, I have no idea then.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading a first novel, about a female reporter that is sent to her hometown to report on the disappearances of 2 girls.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm reading a first novel, about a female reporter that is sent to her hometown to report on the disappearances of 2 girls.
I love a mystery!

You are reading Sharp Objects, by Gillian Flynn?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dang! You're good!
It's the countless hours in a hospital room sitting next to Joshua while he's hypnotized by the Boob-Tube and SpongeBob. Theres no prying the remote from a 5 year old on Chemo and Steroids! That and mysteries/dramas are my favorite. I'm not really one for romance novels; although, I've been known to read a few on occasion.

It's softball season, so what I'm reading right _now_ is an ISA rulebook...
so you're going to have to guess something I've read in the past.

This novel is written by one of my favorite authors. She has written many books while she was alive, but now her creations live on through a ghost writer hired by the family to finish her notes.

This book is the only stand-alone novel written by this author. Most of her novels are 5-part series. But this one particular book is one of her most complex - even by itself.

Its about a little girl whose sister passed away and she was always second-fiddle to her. She wanted desperately for her father to love her as much as her dead sister. When the sister died, the family turned the bedroom into a shrine behind locked doors that no one was allowed in.

But wanting desperately to be loved like her sister she defies her parents and starts visiting the room. Day after day, as she rocks in the chair that was once her sister's, the memories slowly start to come back to her.

Her sister is not dead.

She is the sister.

A tragic accident had happened to the little girl when she was younger one day walking home from school. After the girl was shocked into post-traumatic amnesia, the family thought it would be easier to just pretend she had died and was born anew.

Like I said, an intricate book. I hope I didnt butcher the synopsis

Good Luck!