Going to be lean for awhile guys-

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, MA! I cant even imagine how hard this is.

Please know that I am still sending good vibes and praying for both you and Racer.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pray that Gods hand will come take hold of Racer's front feet, and hold them strong and steady, and that you will have peace during this very long 24 hours.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I pray that Gods hand will come take hold of Racer's front feet, and hold them strong and steady, and that you will have peace during this very long 24 hours.
I will add my prayers as well, that God will heal his feet and relieve his suffering and yours. May God bless racer and you as well MA. Hugs

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA...my prayers are with you and your beloved Racer.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Amen!

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to say that I don't understand all the horse (language) terms so I googled some terms you've said on your last update. Although this is extremely serious, after reading, I feel more optimistic of his outcome. Too bad you didn't have this doctor called in sooner.

Important thing is he's there now to help. He knows what he's doing and what needs to be done.

I, personally, don't think he'd go through all this if Racer didn't stand a chance. Even if he feels by doing this as his 'last' only chance, he knows this is what WILL help and heal him.

Mary Anne, I know he's going to make it, I have no doubt. None whatsoever!!! And he'll make a full recovery! I know it.

SOME PEOPLE SAY:
I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

I SAY
I'LL SEE IT WHEN I BELIEVE IT

I BELIEVE

GOD BLESS RACER

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing new here, but if you need a good cry read Hissy's horse site about Racer. She last posted 7/29/05.
http://www.equinelove.com/content/view/60/0/1/0/

I would say that no news is good news. As she posted here, she has a new vet on the case who is offering some hope. Just the same, Racer is a very sick horse, and continues to need a miracle. And I do not know how Hissy is holding up under the strain.

I don't know why loving a horse feels different than loving a cat, but it does. For one thing, they are our height, so they look you in the eye. Their head is over a foot long. They weigh over a thousand pounds, but look to us to fix what is wrong. They have a beauty and a strength, but as Hissy posted, the front feet are especially vulnerable. Their coat usually gleams in the summer sun, but when ill they lose their luster. They are headstrong and can be mule headed, but will beg like a puppy for a carrot. And in a way, the two of you become one when you are riding.

I continue to pray daily for Racer and Hissy, although I often miss the appointed time. I think she is very busy with Racer, and will let us know when she knows, and when she has time to check in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi guys, I am checking in. Thank you for holding him in your thoughts. This morning he got a combination nerve blocker and pain killer before reverse bar shoes with a high wedge were put on his feet. Even with the pain/nerve blocker, the shoeing, the pounding on his bruised feet hurt him and I could see him flinch in his eyes.
But I stood with him and talked to him quietly and he made it through.

He is on complete stall confinement for ten days. He has a turnout that is full of sand and his stall has about 10 bags of dry den- this is a pelleted bedding that is equivalent to feel as feline pine, but when you spray it with water, it softens, fluffs up and makes nice soft bedding.

He is not out of the woods yet, but at least now with the reverse shoes (which is just horseshoes put on backward, he has more support on his heels and his toes are off the ground. The vet showed me several soft spots on his feet that he said were the bruises working their way through. He may abscess, he may not- they aren't sure.

They did tell me he will not recover fully (to full soundness) and if I want to ride him on trails then he will need shoes all his life. I am not sure what will happen. I have him on a holistic mixture that I hope will bring him around and allow the coffin bone to reattach to the hoof wall in time- but it is going to be a long process.

Having a horse in your life is different from any other animal. They are intuitive, strong, and gentle. Racer loves to give me hugs, when I stand at his shoulder, he takes his head and touches my back and put his nose up on my shoulder and squeezes. When they hurt, so do you- and when you are having a bad day- the best thing is to go out in the pasture and wrap your arms around your horse. I wrote a poem about owning a horse and the therapy it gives you- and I posted in on a horse board about three years ago and suddenly it was traveling all over the net.Horse newsletters, horse sites, horse people were sharing in right and left because it really does sum up the relationship you have with these wonderful animals. I call it...

Out of Balance

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When your day seems out of balance,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And so many things go wrong.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When People fight around you,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And your day drags on so long.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When parents act like children,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In-laws make you think “Divorceâ€[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Go out into your pasture,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wrap your arms around your horse..[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His gentle breath enfolds you,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He watches with those eyes,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t retain a PhD[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But he is oh so wise…[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His head rests on your shoulder,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He embraces you so tight.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He puts your world in balance,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And he makes it seem alright[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your tears they soon stop flowing,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tension is now eased.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The garbage has been lifted[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And your heart is now at peace.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So when you need the balance,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From circumstances in your day.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The best therapist that you can seek[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is out there eating hay![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Mary Anne Miller-[/font]

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Hi guys, I am checking in. Thank you for holding him in your thoughts. This morning he got a combination nerve blocker and pain killer before reverse bar shoes with a high wedge were put on his feet. Even with the pain/nerve blocker, the shoeing, the pounding on his bruised feet hurt him and I could see him flinch in his eyes.
But I stood with him and talked to him quietly and he made it through.

He is on complete stall confinement for ten days. He has a turnout that is full of sand and his stall has about 10 bags of dry den- this is a pelleted bedding that is equivalent to feel as feline pine, but when you spray it with water, it softens, fluffs up and makes nice soft bedding.

He is not out of the woods yet, but at least now with the reverse shoes (which is just horseshoes put on backward, he has more support on his heels and his toes are off the ground. The vet showed me several soft spots on his feet that he said were the bruises working their way through. He may abscess, he may not- they aren't sure.

They did tell me he will not recover fully (to full soundness) and if I want to ride him on trails then he will need shoes all his life. I am not sure what will happen. I have him on a holistic mixture that I hope will bring him around and allow the coffin bone to reattach to the hoof wall in time- but it is going to be a long process.

Having a horse in your life is different from any other animal. They are intuitive, strong, and gentle. Racer loves to give me hugs, when I stand at his shoulder, he takes his head and touches my back and put his nose up on my shoulder and squeezes. When they hurt, so do you- and when you are having a bad day- the best thing is to go out in the pasture and wrap your arms around your horse. I wrote a poem about owning a horse and the therapy it gives you- and I posted in on a horse board about three years ago and suddenly it was traveling all over the net.Horse newsletters, horse sites, horse people were sharing in right and left because it really does sum up the relationship you have with these wonderful animals. I call it...

Out of Balance

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When your day seems out of balance,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And so many things go wrong.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When People fight around you,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And your day drags on so long.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When parents act like children,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In-laws make you think “Divorceâ€[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Go out into your pasture,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wrap your arms around your horse..[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His gentle breath enfolds you,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He watches with those eyes,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t retain a PhD[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But he is oh so wise…[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His head rests on your shoulder,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He embraces you so tight.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He puts your world in balance,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And he makes it seem alright[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your tears they soon stop flowing,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tension is now eased.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The garbage has been lifted[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And your heart is now at peace.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So when you need the balance,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From circumstances in your day.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The best therapist that you can seek[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is out there eating hay![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Mary Anne Miller-[/font]
wonderfull poem MA and so very true. more vibes for racer! these creatures truly are special...they really are they give their all everyday...

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending more prayers your way, MA. Poor Racer.
He is such a strong soul and I'm sure your love for him will get him through.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, I just can't imagine the pain your going through...not to mention Racer............my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA...Out of Balance paints a beautiful picture of the unique connection between human & horse.
The love that you share with Racer is an inspiration to all of us.
My prayers are with you both. ((((hugs))))

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA I am praying so hard for you and Racer, and sending him strong good vibes over. Where ther's life there's hope.
I love your poem, the bond must be so powerful.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Racer came through that crucial 24 hours. I'm keeping him in my thoughts for the days to come - hoping that he recovers to as near full strength as is possible for him.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, I am glad to hear Racer is till hanging in there. When I read your poem, I understood compeltely, having had a horse friend for many years. Prayers and good vibes to you and Racer.